Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Skyfall (New Bond Movie)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*Caution, future posts could contain SPOILERS*

I am a lifelong Bond fan, and have seen every Bond movie. Skyfall might be one of the best ever. Even if you are not a Bond fan, you will enjoy it. My wife even liked it, lol.

I highly recommend seeing it. If you have seen it, what are your thoughts?
I thought it was great! I know there were some people that thought it was too long but, I enjoyed every minute of it! I'm not sure if I would venture to say that it is the best Bond movie of all time but, I would say that it is probably in the Top 3.
I absolutely loved it! My favorite one!
I think the james bond movies are kinda like watching the discovery channel..
Boring.
^
Agreed.
I have always been a James Bond fan. LWC, I believe we have had these discussions in the past. I grew up with Roger Moore and he was just COOL!!!! Watching the older movies of Sean Connery though hooked me. When the went to Timothy Dalton though, I drifted away. I in no way shape or form felt that TD was right for the role, or, they wrote for him poorly! His emotional relationships were just NOT Boned. Pierce Brosnan brought back the swagger to the role. But for my money, Daniel Craig changed the character to ONLY a bad-ass! Gone is the comedic inferences we once had with Connery and Moore. Craig is ALL business! And, I like it. DC is my favorite.

As for Skyfall, I have not seen it. I'll wait for it to hit video, but I do look forward to it.
What number of 007 is this?
It has to be the 50th movie by now in this drowned out series!
Good movie. Daniel Craig is good in any role.
It's been along time since I was taking back to the Connery and Moore era with a start to a 007 film. The opening motorcycle chase scene and following death/cemetary imagery did so.

Good plot, action ( on all levels ), and enjoyed them going old school in Scotland. 007 is back and in a great way...we watched this on Christmas Day with family.

Double thumbs up from the Spirit family :Thumbs:.