Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Monroe County @ Central 11/23/12 State Semis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
not sure what Monroe brings to the table,but with Central you know there the champs, and what they bring to the table,you got to go with them until someone takes them down and like someone said in another thread,they have 1 loss in 3a..
Monroe brings a gaudy 12-1 record to the table.
this one should be over fairly quickly.
Cheering for Monroe, but we saw both this year and Central is so strong defensively it will be tough for the Falcons.
Central somehwere in the neighborhood of 28-7
As I said once before Monroe sports a gaudy 12-1 record with it's lone loss to 13-0 Warren East. The jackets will not overlook the falcons.
I have to give it to Central. But I am not counting out monroe I havent looked at the teams they played this year, but Central has also had a soft season. Good luck to them both
Central 42 monroe,Co 7.
This monroe county team is very dangerous and central has been stuggleing in the playoff
Mchs 28
Chs 16
piratepride90 Wrote:I have to give it to Central. But I am not counting out monroe I havent looked at the teams they played this year, but Central has also had a soft season. Good luck to them both
You COULDN'T follow High school football ! Whew !!!! Out of Central's 7 non district opponents 6 of them made to the 3rd round of the playoffs !
Coachdad Wrote:You COULDN'T follow High school football ! Whew !!!! Out of Central's 7 non district opponents 6 of them made to the 3rd round of the playoffs !

Don't hold it against all of us Belfry fans Coachdad, that some of our followers are a little misguided lol!!!
Central has to be the favorite, but I'm going to cheer a little for Monroe Co. I don't have a thing against Central, but Monroe Co. has never been to the finals, and I think it would be great if they were to go!
From what i've seen this season, Monroe has a fine team. They wouldn't be where they are at if they were not. Central is Central, but got to go with my friends across the border. Will be pullin for the Falcons.
Monroe is better offensively than Larue. They are about the same defensively. That will give them a chance to pull the upset.
Central will roll into the finals 49-7.
bucslover68 Wrote:Don't hold it against all of us Belfry fans Coachdad, that some of our followers are a little misguided lol!!!
Yes I seen that but we also run back into Lawrence co and Knot Co in the first round and second round. It should not have ever happened. Looks as if Central had three tuff games and the rest was blow outs. I still give this game to Central by two TD's Good luck to both teams these last games will seperate the men from the boys
piratepride90 Wrote:Yes I seen that but we also run back into Lawrence co and Knot Co in the first round and second round. It should not have ever happened. Looks as if Central had three tuff games and the rest was blow outs. I still give this game to Central by two TD's Good luck to both teams these last games will seperate the men from the boys

Those blowouts were very good teams. Look at who they have played:

Evansville Reitz, IN (Very good Indiana big school)
Western (Lost in 4A Regional Finals)
Manual (6A Team)
Ballard (Top 10-15 6A team)
PRP (undefeated still alive in 6A)
ST. X (just lost by 1 point to the unanimous #1 team in the State)
Bell County (Top 5 3A team)
Wayne County (Top 7 3A team)
Larue County (Top 1015 3A team)
Desales (still alive in 2A, could be your state champion)

Of the 4 3A teams left Belfry clearly has the 2nd hardest schedule of the 4...with that said, Belfry's schedule isn't even in the same stratosphere compared to what Central has played.
Central is extremely physical and was able to match up with Bell physically but has athletes who can score on any play. They can grind it out but if you blink they will pop you for a big play.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Those blowouts were very good teams. Look at who they have played:

Evansville Reitz, IN (Very good Indiana big school)
Western (Lost in 4A Regional Finals)
Manual (6A Team)
Ballard (Top 10-15 6A team)
PRP (undefeated still alive in 6A)
ST. X (just lost by 1 point to the unanimous #1 team in the State)
Bell County (Top 5 3A team)
Wayne County (Top 7 3A team)
Larue County (Top 1015 3A team)
Desales (still alive in 2A, could be your state champion)

Of the 4 3A teams left Belfry clearly has the 2nd hardest schedule of the 4...with that said, Belfry's schedule isn't even in the same stratosphere compared to what Central has played.
Actually Reitz made it to the third round of IHS playoffs, Ballard was a 6A regional finalist , PRP is a 6A semi-finalist , western 4A regional finalst , & DeSales 2A semi-finalst, & last but not least St X regional finalist & losers by 1 point to nationally ranked Trinity.
Central 35
Monroe 14
Central's run comes to an end.
:yawn:You must play for MonroeConfusednicker:
Central by 30
Central
Going to go with Monroe County.
Does central have a radio station that covers them? Monroe counties is hard to listen too, they make little sense while calling the game.
The staus of Central's qb remains up in the air. Central like great teams do fine ways to win. In my opinion and I haven't seen them this year is Central's defense. They return 9 starters from one year ago. I am going to gice Central the nod in this one. They must contain Monroe's qb he is a playmaker.
Monroe County (12-1) at Central (11-2)

Yellowjackets in Class 3-A state semifinals for seventh straight year and seeking fifth state title in past six years.

* The Falcons have won 10 straight since a 26-18 loss to Class 4-A semifinalist Warren East on Aug. 31. Senior quarterback/safety Chad Wilson does it all for Monroe County, having rushed for 1,686 yards and 27 TDs and passed for 729 yards and nine TDs. On defense he has four fumble recoveries and three interceptions and is among the team's top tacklers with 45. Senior Jacob Hodges has rushed for 998 yards and 11 TDs and leads the Falcons with 117 tackles.

* Senior running back Deris Cox rushed for 149 yards and both TDs in last week's 14-10 victory at Bell County. He now has 1,568 yards and 19 TDs this season. Senior quarterback Tae'Shawn Gibbs has been cleared to return to action after suffering a concussion during the first half of the second-round playoff victory over Wayne County. Yellowjackets coach Ty Scroggins said backup Sydney Tedford likely would remain the starter against Monroe County, with Gibbs also eligible to play.

* "(Wilson) is their team. He's the quarterback, the punter, the kickoff return guy, the safety. He plays all over the field. He's going to touch the ball, so we have to limit his carries and make sure we hit him every time we have the opportunity to hit him." -- Scroggins

The pick: Central 27-14.

http://www.usatodayhss.com/louisville/ar...2311220079
Central by 1o. Monroe has a fine team. Central has been the class of 3A for the last 7 years. I have to put my money on Central until somebody proves me wrong.
piratepride90 Wrote:I have to give it to Central. But I am not counting out monroe I havent looked at the teams they played this year, but Central has also had a soft season. Good luck to them both

Central's schedule not soft only losing to PRP who's 13-0 by only a point and St. X by 13 or 14 when your playing the 6A schools out of Louisville you only get better. Central is big in number of players size and athletic ability. Monroe better pack a lunch Central is the King until proven other wise! It will be a good game IMO but just saying :1: