Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry and Johnson Central split
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Belfry split a double header with JC. Belfry won 7 to 5 and lost 9 to 3 not to bad though for a pretender and Chapman had an off night. I would like some stats though I know Fryfe and Blanton pitched for JC but thats about all I know.
Belfry Wins Wrote:Belfry split a double header with JC. Belfry won 7 to 5 and lost 9 to 3 not to bad though for a pretender and Chapman had an off night. I would like some stats though I know Fryfe and Blanton pitched for JC but thats about all I know.
Both Johnson Central starting pitchers totally dominated both games. Both were only scheduled to go 5 innings each. One game was a continuation of a rain delayed game held at Belfry earlier in the season.

In the first game Justin Blanton went the first 5 innings giving up only 1 run. He struck out 9 of the first 11 batters he faced and ended up with 12 strikeouts in the 5 innings that he threw. He also struck Chapman out 3 times. All of the other runs were scored on JD Plummer and Chase Richardson in the 6th and 7th innings. In this game, Chapman came in and pitched to 3 or 4 batters and came out . He appeared to struggle with the few batters he faced.

In the second game Fyffe pitched the remainder of the rain delayed game picking up in the 2nd inning . He had 9 strikeouts in the 5 that he threw and he also struck Chapman out twice.

All three of Johnson Central starters are pitching very well right now, with Conley taking care of Boyd County last thursday night..
Weren't a lot of the runs Belfry had in the first game due to walks by Plummer and Richardson?
Good job to both teams
Congrats to both.
whats J.C's record so far