Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ft. Thomas Highlands 28 Covington Catholic 13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
CC 13
FTH 28
Tough game. CovCath is a fine team and, most likely, the second best team in Class 4A.

FTH moves on.
My game plan would have worked- run between the tackles and open up play action.

They never run from under center and it killed them today- they were in Highlands territory and had third and 1, instead of getting under center and running a qb sneak, they tried to run a dive from shotgun, which they got stopped and again on fourth down.

Highlands got the ball and scored........... 14 point swing.
It was fun watching Blake Bir tosss the football around this year
2 CCH turnovers were the difference..congrats to FTH on the win!
Blasphemy!
This should have been a blow out!
Highlands doesnt win by less than 80!!!
Game was won by the better team. Better coach, better players, better program, better school.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Game was won by the better team. Better coach, better players, better program, better school.

What game where you watching? Game was won by the team with fewest turnovers and the stop on short yardage in the second quarter. Better team, yes, Better Coach, maybe but who cares, Better Players, some but certainly not all, better program, HHS but again who really cares, Better School only if girls in the classroom tip the scale to HHS side.
NKY Fan Wrote:What game where you watching? Game was won by the team with fewest turnovers and the stop on short yardage in the second quarter. Better team, yes, Better Coach, maybe but who cares, Better Players, some but certainly not all, better program, HHS but again who really cares, Better School only if girls in the classroom tip the scale to HHS side.

Better school? Only Wideload01 would say something that stupid.
knighted Wrote:Better school? Only Wideload01 would say something that stupid.

I agree it is a better school. But if I did not live in Ft Thomas my second pick if I had boys would be COV CATH. I am sure you think Lex CATH is better than most if not all Lexington schools and you are probably right. And as for better coaches, Highlands does have the best. We do not always have best players and many of the games are won due to coaching. CovCath coaching staff is very good too.
sstack Wrote:I agree it is a better school. But if I did not live in Ft Thomas my second pick if I had boys would be COV CATH. I am sure you think Lex CATH is better than most if not all Lexington schools and you are probably right. And as for better coaches, Highlands does have the best. We do not always have best players and many of the games are won due to coaching. CovCath coaching staff is very good too.

Someone can argue just about anything that is possible to debate. But what makes one school better than another? Is FTH a Blue Ribbon school? Is Cov Cath? I'm not saying one is or is not better than the other. I'm not qualified to make such an assumption. That is why I posted that Wideload01 was foolish to mention the schools.

BTW........Lexington Catholic is a Blue Ribbon school. Smile
^ Yes, HHS is a Blue Ribbon school.
sstack Wrote:I agree it is a better school. But if I did not live in Ft Thomas my second pick if I had boys would be COV CATH. I am sure you think Lex CATH is better than most if not all Lexington schools and you are probably right. And as for better coaches, Highlands does have the best. We do not always have best players and many of the games are won due to coaching. CovCath coaching staff is very good too.

I agree with Knighted, and SSTACK, Ft. Thomas Highlands is a good scool. So is CCH. One measure to use that is easy to check is the results of standardized test such as ACT. Based on a quick check, both HHS and CCH scorec better that national average with CCH the winner.

From HHS Website,
ACT Composite 2010-11
HHS – 23.3, KY – 19.4, National 21

From CCH Website
CCH - 25.5,
◦Top 10% of Class of 2012 avg. score - 32.0
◦Top 25% of Class of 2012 avg. score - 30.46
◦Top 50% of Class of 2012 avg. score - 28.19

Again, I would like to say I that I would be proud to send my child to either school, but based purley on head to head academics, CCH gets the nod.
Whitley is a red ribbon school.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Whitley is a red ribbon school.

Is that one of those participation ribbons they give everybody now days to keep all the parents happy?Confusednicker:
Private vs Public - HHS gets the best out of students that could afford Private schools and the ones who can not.