Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 8th region
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who will be the best teams and players in the 8th region?
Oldham County will likely be the team to beat in the 8th again this year.
I dont know much about the 8th, but i talked to a few people that said the same thing. They said Anderson Co. Would be solid. They also said Spencer County could be a sleeper team.
Bobsoftball Wrote:I dont know much about the 8th, but i talked to a few people that said the same thing. They said Anderson Co. Would be solid. They also said Spencer County could be a sleeper team.

I believe that Anderson County returns just about everyone from last year. I don't know about Spencer County, they lost their pitcher to graduation and as far as I know she was the only varsity pitcher they had last year. They do have some solid hitters but I don't know about their pitching. Walton-Verona lost some very talented players but they do return some talent including pitcher Hannah Thacker. Collins should be decent as well.
Thanks for the info, as for Spencer Co. Pitchers, a friend has a daughter that plays for Fern Cteek and they played them two times this fall. He said they had a girl pitchi.g that did not play last year but is a Senior, she didn't throw hard, but had good movement on ball. They also had a 10 year old playing for them. When he said that I kind of LOL, but he said in both games against Fern Creek she played great.
Gallatin Co should be good
Old Henry Man Wrote:Gallatin Co should be good

Don't they return most of their players from last year?
blue1424 Wrote:Don't they return most of their players from last year?
Gallatin returns 4 All Region caliber players at 3B(soph), SS(jr), C(sr) and P(jr).
The 8th region has two teams ranked in the KSCA preseason top 25 poll. Oldham County is ranked 6th and Collins 25th.

The KSCA members also voted on top teams and players in each region.

Top Teams:

1. Oldham Co.
2. Collins
3. Anderson Co.
4. Gallatin Co.
5. Walton-Verona
6. Owen Co.
7. Simon Kenton
8. Spencer County
9. North Oldham
10. South Oldham

Top Players:

1. Jessica Leanhart Sr Oldham Co.
2. Sarah Lopesilvero Sr Oldham Co.
3. Bailey Rankin Sr Collins
4. Brooke Dossett Jr Gallatin Co.
5. Bailey Curry 8th Anderson Co.
6. Courtney Galvan Jr South Oldham
7. K.K. Rigdon Jr Oldham Co.
8. Emily Lykins Sr Spencer Co.
9. Rebecca Wishnevski Sr Oldham Co.
10. Hannah Thacker Jr Walton-Verona
Bob a 10yr old????? I would by like you LOL
The youngest Dossett girl and the catcher from Gallatin or in anybody's top 10
Gallatin should do well this year but I don't see anyone getting past Oldham Co. but you never know someone could surprise you.....
I can't see any team other than Coach Leanhart's Outrage 95, uh, I mean Colonels, winning this Region. They are really going to fall off next year, though, so I see them making a strong push for the State Championship this year. And would someone please put Leaton on the top players list?!?!
Actually Leanhart coached the Outrage 94, and yes Oldham is the team to beat in the 8th.
I find it odd that in the players list that one of the very few kids in the 8th Region that will be on a D1 softball roster next year, Leaton from Oldham County (University of Dayton) is not mentioned. Also, Gallatin County sophomore Hannah Dossett has recieved D1 offers and drawing interest from other D1 schools. I doubt there are ten players in the 8th Region better than those two.