Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: region 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who will be the best teams and players to watch in region 6?
I was looking at all the teams in the 6 region and I dont see anybody that can stop Mercy from winning that region. I understand they only lost there 1st baseman and a pitcher. So who's going to be the be the 2nd best team? I heard Fern Creek going to be good.
I don't think that there will be anyone in the 6th that will beat Mercy.

Bullitt East, Butler, and PRP are usually pretty good.
Teams in the KSCA preseason top 25 poll:

Mercy (2nd), PRP (17th)

Top Teams:

1. Mercy
2. Pleasure Ridge Park
3. Butler
4. Bullitt East
5. Holy Cross
6. Bullitt Central
7. Fern Creek
8. Jeffersontown
9. Southern
10. Fairdale

Top Players:

1. Jordan Vorbrink So Mercy
2. Morgan Meyer Sr Mercy
3. Savannah Mercer Jr PRP
4. Morgan Raymer Jr Bullitt East
5. Caroline Keck Sr Mercy
6. Madison Ray Sr Holy Cross
7. Katelyn Heiness Sr Holy Cross
8. Sarah Bibb So Fern Creek
9. Taylor Alvey Jr Bullitt East
10. McKenna Brinley Sr Jeffersontown
I don't see anyone that can compete with Mercy in the 6th but you never know with new coaching..... I believe the Mercer kid and Bibb kid are at Ballard now....
The Bibb's girl dad is head coach of Fern Creek, so I don't think she went to Ballard.
There would have to be some very dramatic events occur for Mercy to not win this Region. Vorbrink is not Bloomer, and that is yet to be seen whether it is a good or bad thing. Maybe just a different thing. Thomas will probably shine in the circle more so than Twyman, although both are terrific, and any other team in the Region would kill to have either. They also, added a strong, speedy athlete in Batliner who hasn't played softball in a couple years.

I would forget about PRP. They have two of the best players in the Region with Autumn McDuffie and Paige Murphy (neither of which are listed in the ridiculous top preseason players list. what a joke that is??), but they don't have much in the way of pitching now that Mercer and her sister are gone to Valley, and are sitting out a year.

Bullitt East will be the only team to challenge. They have a good number of good to very good players, but man did they stink it up at State last year. Seems the bulk of their team is the 2014 class, so if they maybe they will get it together this year against Mercy, who killed them every time they faced them last year.

Butler is probably the biggest question mark. They could spoil someone's plans at the end of May.

Fern Creek may go .500 playing a weak schedule, but that's generous.

The best of rest is Holy Cross. They're kind of like Butler.

20% chance Bullitt East wins Region. Otherwise, Mercy all the way.