Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bush wears No. 5 in camp, but that could change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2443876

Should the NFL change their rule and let Reggie Bush wear No. 5
At least he said he'll still be him even if they rule against him. A lot of big time athletes would do something like say "I'm not playing if they don't let me wear 5." I doubt they'll let him, but who knows, maybe his saying he'll respect their choice will make them feel like they should.

Personally, I wouldn't like a number 5 running back
I think this rule is ridiculous. Why should they decide what number a player gets to wear. Reggie Bush should be aloud to wear number five because that's his choice and they have already had an acception to this rule but I think it may have been for a QB.
they changed the rule for receivers but idoubt they will change it for running backs
Strike-Out Wrote:I think this rule is ridiculous. Why should they decide what number a player gets to wear. Reggie Bush should be aloud to wear number five because that's his choice and they have already had an acception to this rule but I think it may have been for a QB.

QBs are allowed to have numbers below 10, so it's not really an acception
i say chage the rule and make it like high school and college and just regulate the #'s used by the linemen, it would mean more money to for the nfl cuz you know there would be alot of players switching #'s leading to new jerseys on the market.
Alter the rule a little have him listed on the roster as backup QB/running back....lol
The rule is stupid, I think below the 40's you should be able to wear any number. Bush also told the league that he would donate 25% of his jersey sales to charity, which is a lot of money.
blackcat Wrote:The rule is stupid, I think below the 40's you should be able to wear any number. Bush also told the league that he would donate 25% of his jersey sales to charity, which is a lot of money.

I agree, and it's cool of him to do, but I'm waiting for a player to come out and say "I make millions anyways, I'll donate 100% of my jersey sales to charity," or something like that.
BFritz Wrote:I agree, and it's cool of him to do, but I'm waiting for a player to come out and say "I make millions anyways, I'll donate 100% of my jersey sales to charity," or something like that.

Or, even better, "I don't need all this money, they do, I'll donate it all," or not even because they don't need it, just out of the kindness of their hearts
They have this rule to help referees. I doubt that the NFL will change the rule but it would be pretty cool to see Reggie still wearing #5
I dont see what the big deal is...let the kid wear his number
BFritz Wrote:QBs are allowed to have numbers below 10, so it's not really an acception
What about Culpepper?
Why should they make a special excaption for Bush? I mean, he wasn't even drafted #1.......
I agree with you beef, its not so much about bush, I just think its crazy that they can only were certain numbers. I have always felt this way.

Nice to see you still alive Beef.
98NCCalum Wrote:What about Culpepper?

What about him? He's 11, they're allowed to have numbers below 10, but they don't have to.

I just saw where Bush is wearing 25 in camp.
BFritz Wrote:What about him? He's 11, they're allowed to have numbers below 10, but they don't have to.

I just saw where Bush is wearing 25 in camp.
Then they are allowed to have numbers other than those lower than 10 aren't they?
For those that want to know the facts, not just some dudes guess, here's the NFL numbering guidelines.

1-9 Quarterbacks and Kickers
10-19 Quarterbacks, Receivers, and Kickers
20-49 Running Backs and Defensive Backs
50-59 Centers and Linebackers
60-79 Defensive Linemen and Offensive Linemen
80-89 Receivers and Tight Ends
90-99 Defensive Linemen and Linebackers
98NCCalum Wrote:Then they are allowed to have numbers other than those lower than 10 aren't they?

You need to go back and re-read my posts, I never said that they HAD to have numbers below 10, I just said that they were ALLOWED to have numbers below 10
BFritz Wrote:You need to go back and re-read my posts, I never said that they HAD to have numbers below 10, I just said that they were ALLOWED to have numbers below 10
Either way its wrong. QB's can wear any number under 20
They should wear whatever number they wanna wear..It is a STUPID RULE!
I have seen some d-ends with numbers in the 80's
NFL changed rule because it was outdated and pointless. many players have wanted this for a long time.
goes into effect next season not this upcoming one.
98NCCalum Wrote:What about Culpepper?
Doesn't matter he's #8 this year.
98NCCalum Wrote:For those that want to know the facts, not just some dudes guess, here's the NFL numbering guidelines.

1-9 Quarterbacks and Kickers
10-19 Quarterbacks, Receivers, and Kickers
20-49 Running Backs and Defensive Backs
50-59 Centers and Linebackers
60-79 Defensive Linemen and Offensive Linemen
80-89 Receivers and Tight Ends
90-99 Defensive Linemen and Linebackers

I've seen tight ends wear in the 40's as well as guards, tackles, and defensive linemen wear numbers in the 50's.

gish_7 Wrote:I have seen some d-ends with numbers in the 80's

I've only seen that in college.

Also another quick question, wonder how much Bush would have to pay Adrian McPherson for the #5 as that was his number for the Saints last year.
Ah, he prolly knows that Adrian McPherson will go to prison in a couple of months for something, lol~
Vincent Vega Wrote:NFL changed rule because it was outdated and pointless. many players have wanted this for a long time.
goes into effect next season not this upcoming one.
Do you have a link to this?