Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: St. X (Louisville) @ Trinity 11/16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I'd say this game will be played at Papa Johns stadium but expect Trinity to continue there march to state. St. X appart from Highlands are the only two schools who I believe have a legitament chance at up setting the Rocks. Should be a good rivalry game.
Could be a good one...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Could be a good one...

I think this one could be closer than most people think.
Trinity by 21
I also think it could be alot closer than some think, but I believe Trinity pulls out 3 TD win when it's said and done
Trinity is head and shoulders better than anyone else in Ky. Rocks by 15.
E's Army Wrote:Trinity is head and shoulders better than anyone else in Ky. Rocks by 15.

They should be private schools have a better selection $$!!
T by 14
sawmill Wrote:They should be private schools have a better selection $$!!

Ah, the usual government school whining. You boys get all that taxpayer money. The private schools get nothing. So quit crying and learn to compete.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Ah, the usual government school whining. You boys get all that taxpayer money. The private schools get nothing. So quit crying and learn to compete.

Hahaha! and some of that gov money comes from private schools and parents sending their kids to private schools. public is where the money is
toussaints Wrote:Hahaha! and some of that gov money comes from private schools and parents sending their kids to private schools. public is where the money is

A goodly part of that money going to the government schools comes from private school parents. Can you imagine just how much more successful private schools would be if they had the per pupil funding as do the government schools? It is just another example of private sector success vs. public sector incompetence.
Privates get to pick and choose their student bodies. Public schools do not. There's your difference. If you have 600 kids who come from successful, motivated families that can afford to pay tuition vs 600 kids who come from the average Wal-Mart shoppers and are only there because the law says they have to be...which student body on the average do you think will be more successful? Be it in sports, academics, band, tiddlywinks...

(The same can be said of schools like Highlands. When your kids come from educated, motivated families with traditions of success, they know success is expected of them. Makes it much harder to fail when you have people at home who won't let you.)
Diogenes Wrote:Privates get to pick and choose their student bodies. Public schools do not. There's your difference. If you have 600 kids who come from successful, motivated families that can afford to pay tuition vs 600 kids who come from the average Wal-Mart shoppers and are only there because the law says they have to be...which student body on the average do you think will be more successful? Be it in sports, academics, band, tiddlywinks...

(The same can be said of schools like Highlands. When your kids come from educated, motivated families with traditions of success, they know success is expected of them. Makes it much harder to fail when you have people at home who won't let you.)

You have made an excellent argument for private schools. And, in many ways, FTH is a private school disguised as a government school.

Regardless of the reasons and excuses used by the government schools, the private schools produce a better environment for learning and positive development of students and a better educated finished product than do the government schools. That is an absolute fact of life.
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Ah, the usual government school whining. You boys get all that taxpayer money. The private schools get nothing. So quit crying and learn to compete.

And we also get title 9. Private schools play with different rules fact of life.
sawmill Wrote:And we also get title 9. Private schools play with different rules fact of life.

Actually, private schools are stuck with Title IX, too. For example, the private schools must submit a Title IX report annually to KHSAA. I know because I have prepared many of those senseless reports. So your "fact of life" is really not remotely true. Possibly you can do better next time. Still, you are correct in a way. Private schools do play by different rules. Private schools have a goal of excellence while the government schools have a goal of mere survival.
Can student s that lives in another state play sports in a public ky school? No thus they need to play in cath league for championships its not fair to poor public schools. But im sure your going tell me how it s and even playing field.
sawmill Wrote:Can student s that lives in another state play sports in a public ky school? No thus they need to play in cath league for championships its not fair to poor public schools. But im sure your going tell me how it s and even playing field.

well lets look at it this way

Public Schools: higher paid teachers, government funded transportation, no tuition bill

Private Schools: high tuition and fees bill, no guarunteed transportation, low salary teachers

So why would anyone send their kid to a private school? based off of all that, a public school looks a lot better :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:
toussaints Wrote:well lets look at it this way

Public Schools: higher paid teachers, government funded transportation, no tuition bill

Private Schools: high tuition and fees bill, no guarunteed transportation, low salary teachers

So why would anyone send their kid to a private school? based off of all that, a public school looks a lot better :HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall::HitWall:

Looks are quite deceiving, aren't they?
toussaints Wrote:well lets look at it this way

It is my experience that, when a government school wants an athlete from another state, its supporters find a job for the "breadwinner" of the family of the athlete and move them all to that district. No need to cite examples because the practice is blatant and frequent.

And, I know that private schools do the same although payment of tuition is another problem because KHSAA monitors this like a swarm of maggots.
Trinity 35

St X 20
Rocks by 3 TDs
Trinity by 14.
Why is there an any comments on Public vs Private when both schools are Private?

The private school will win this one.

I would like to see St. X win, but my mind says T by 21.
Trinity will win. In essence, this is the Class 6-A Championship.
Shamrocks win 42-24
Trinity by 4 TD'S
Any chance X makes it closer this time around? What was the score of the last meeting?
sawmill
Statistician

Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts

Can student s that lives in another state play sports in a public ky school? No thus they need to play in cath league for championships its not fair to poor public schools. But im sure your going tell me how it s and even playing field.

Yes they can. There have been numerous examples of kids living in neighboring states attending public schools in Kentucky. West Virginia is the most well known. Are you concerned about Indiana kids? Do you realize that if the KHSAA banned out of state residents from playing sports, these families would set up a legal residence in Kentucky?

Just as you can pay tuition to attend Highlands or Eminence or Beechwood or Bowling Green. Same goes for Jefferson County schools. Kids living in Oldham can pay to attend Ballard High.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Any chance X makes it closer this time around? What was the score of the last meeting?
Trinity won 34-7. The Xaverians may score 14 this time. That will not be enough. Trinity 42-14 as Mike Glaser fades into the sunset.:Thumbs:
You do not have to pay tuition to attend eminence!!!
Pages: 1 2