Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central Football 2006
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey Eagle fans, what is everyone toughts on Johnson Central football for this fall. Who are the projected projected starters, who are the newcomers to watch and any other thoughts that you may have?
JC will have a few big holes to fill with the loss of Music, Blume and their O-line. The first few games will be a learning experience for some but I think they will be fine after a couple of games hopefully in time for the district portion of the schedule.

The atmosphere over the last 2 years have been great hope that it continues for years to come.

I have heard that they have a lot of boys out this year does anyone have any numbers?
THOMCAT Wrote:Hey Eagle fans, what is everyone toughts on Johnson Central football for this fall. Who are the projected projected starters, who are the newcomers to watch and any other thoughts that you may have?

I am interested in their passing tournaments and where and when they are. Since the graduation of 8 main players they need as much practice together as they can get. Are they going back to Georgetown for camp this year? I do know they have some good newcomers and they have the talent to fill the empty positions......someone on here should know some names.
The main factor is that the new and upcoming players need to be in sync with the returners. So they need to learn to make the plays together and not one guy hog the ball. I believe Central will do alittle more passing this year. They still have some fast runners too.
This year can be a great diverse team effort. I hope they take advantage of that. I would like to see football have all summer practice as an option. That is what makes a better team. Coach Matney and all the other coaches are very smart and pass it on to the guys.
The returners are the main backbone for this season. It is very important for newcomers especially that they get the community support along with their families. Kids want to make their parents proud and need lots of praise for a job well done. They need to be encouraged to work on their weaknesses......because they can get better with the effort.
I hear their annual golf scramble is coming up and everyone needs to support the program because the guys are always needing more safe equipment to use on the field. If you like to golf please do contact Coach Matney and come out and support JCHS football in a fun way. You might even send me a pm and maybe I can find out who to contact. I'm told this golf scramble is their only fundraiser for the entire season.
Please get involved and help the guys out. :Thumbs:
Coach Matney will have his team ready, no need to worry.
This year should be exciting!!!
They should be another re loaded team in the region. can not wait to watch the tomcats and eagles go at it in 07.
tomcatnation Wrote:They should be another re loaded team in the region. can not wait to watch the tomcats and eagles go at it in 07.

why 07...why not 06?
Cause they know they will hardly have a chance at JC's house! :1:

Maybe in 07 they will hose down the field again! :thatsfunn
Hold_'Em_King Wrote:Cause they know they will hardly have a chance at JC's house! :1:

Maybe in 07 they will hose down the field again! :thatsfunn

EXACTLY :Clap:
It will be a great game for sure the 3rd week in Oct. at Eagle Stadium!!!
It shouldbe a great game at The Eagle's Nest.
GO EAGLES!!!!Smile
JC will be a force to be reckoned with!!!!
JC should look to battle again for the district! They have a load of talent it is only a matter of coming together for those young men.
I look for JC to be competitive, but it remains to be seen how well the big holes get filled and how much this will hurt them. Blume and an O-line are a big part of the game. And unless they fill those losses, don't expect a lock on the JC/Ashland game. Of course, Ashland suffered losses to graduation too. It should be interesting to see how these two teams fill the holes and develop.
EKY Sportster Wrote:I look for JC to be competitive, but it remains to be seen how well the big holes get filled and how much this will hurt them. Blume and an O-line are a big part of the game. And unless they fill those losses, don't expect a lock on the JC/Ashland game. Of course, Ashland suffered losses to graduation too. It should be interesting to see how these two teams fill the holes and develop.

Don't forget...it is even going to be better when the JC/Ashland game is played at JC this year. It is part of the overall equation.
EKY Sportster Wrote:I look for JC to be competitive, but it remains to be seen how well the big holes get filled and how much this will hurt them. Blume and an O-line are a big part of the game. And unless they fill those losses, don't expect a lock on the JC/Ashland game. Of course, Ashland suffered losses to graduation too. It should be interesting to see how these two teams fill the holes and develop.

I really dont see where people are getting that the line is hurting......might be hurting from blume but JC can fill the holes in the line their was people ready last year to take those spots......I look for JC this year to be head hunters ready to fight for every yard down in the mud and the blood........these guys will be ready for the challenge!!!:rockon:
Tough Turf Wrote:EXACTLY :Clap:

This excuse is getting old. Why would they wet down a field and play right into the hands of one of the best running games in the state? Rain and mud is exactly what JC wanted with Ashland's passing attack. They got beat so let it go. :igiveup:
Ridge Runner Wrote:This excuse is getting old. Why would they wet down a field and play right into the hands of one of the best running games in the state? Rain and mud is exactly what JC wanted with Ashland's passing attack. They got beat so let it go. :igiveup:

WHATEVER :thatsfunn
The boys from last years o-line had something that this year's doesn't and that was experience...yes Willis, Baldwin, and Ousley have experience but the other 2 who fill the holes don't have hardly any varsity time!!!
cbls_75 Wrote:The boys from last years o-line had something that this year's doesn't and that was experience...yes Willis, Baldwin, and Ousley have experience but the other 2 who fill the holes don't have hardly any varsity time!!!

should they pray and practice or practice and pray? :howdy:
They will be alright finishing behind the Tomcats in the win loss column ! The game against Ashland I'm gonna make a trip to Paintsville to see this one !
All I am saying is it should be a good game.

With JC winning!!!!!111
Captain America_2007 Wrote:All I am saying is it should be a good game.

With JC winning!!!!!111

this game will be a battle for sure.....on the field and in the stands
Yep!!
Tough Turf Wrote:why 07...why not 06?

Sorry to take a while to get back to ya on that one I am in the processing of getting use to living in North Carolina now rather then Kentucky lol. But I meant 06 my friend I am sorry. :ChairHit:

I think our O-line will surprise a few...and as far as losing Blume, he's a great talent,but we do have an RB ready to make a name for himself...Shawn Grim is very capable of filling the void!!!!
we will leave our mud cleats at home this year
t-cat50 Wrote:we will leave our mud cleats at home this year

:yikes:

Do not expect a loss either. You should familiarize yourself with the O-line soon.
There are other games besides Ashland this year
Pages: 1 2