Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic 12 Allen Central 2 (5 innings)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final...dont have any stats, but do know that Tyler Turner hit a solo homerun for Ac
Allen Central had a gave up about 5 runs in the 4th inning when Catholic took a 10-2 lead, and they eventually scored 2 in the bottom of the 5th. Tyler Turner started for the Rebels and pitched very well, only giving up 3 runs (I believe). He also hit a homerun to right-center field in the 3rd inning. Ethan Conley scored the other AC run on a thorwing error by the shortstop. Scottie Little came in during the 4th inning and catholic just had some bloopers and groundballs through the infield. Not a bad game by Allen Central, but they have played better. Ben Revere, the centerfielder for Catholic, hit a homerun, and nearly hit another one, but it hooked just foul. He had a GW 2-RBI triple in the bottom of the 5th. Good game, Rebels, against one of the state's best!
Yea i figured Allen Central would get mericied, they can't handle teams from lexington lol...
NYY10 Wrote:Yea i figured Allen Central would get mericied, they can't handle teams from lexington lol...

Neither can anybody else in the 15th.
Ben Revere is going somewhere he is a junior and an all-american also heard word that he is one of Espn's Top 100 Prospects in football as an defensive back.
It seems like to me that AC isn't ducking anybody...how many teams in the 15th even schedule LexCath? I don't think anybody was expecting AC to go down there and beat up on Catholic but it seems like they want to play great teams even at the expense of a defeat.

They could schedule a bunch of teams that they could probably beat.

Also, AC played June Buchanan yesterday...they could've won by 30 runs but after a couple of innings they had wholesale substitutions and still won 20-1.

If teams like JBS didn't want to play teams that they didn't think they could beat...if would tough to find teams for them...they are rebuilding and young.

The Rebels are mid to top of the 15th Region...and it seems like they will play anybody. They've had at least 8 games canceled on them that would probably been wins for them...giving them around 22-23 wins for the year.

I suspect that people that criticize them are from the so-called "big 3".
That's OK though.:Thumbs:
Allen Central, IMO, has done enough to earn respect, but no one has given it to them. They have beaten Paintsville, Leslie County, Cumberland, and played with Lawrence County, Letcher Central, Johnson Central, and J.J. Kelly (Virginia). They are by far one of the better teams in the 15th Region.
I knew it........................................
Dont get all worked up AC fans I dont think alot of people meant nothing bad by it. I figured they would get mercied but its ok anyone else in the Region would do the same unless we just had a lucky game and they had a real bad one. But dont get your heads down this game will only make you guys better. I will call AC along with a few other teams the favorites. I dont think this region has a favorite this year but AC is defintley a team that has as good as a chance as anyone.
gish_7 Wrote:Neither can anybody else in the 15th.

True
StrikeoutKing Wrote:Allen Central, IMO, has done enough to earn respect, but no one has given it to them. They have beaten Paintsville, Leslie County, Cumberland, and played with Lawrence County, Letcher Central, Johnson Central, and J.J. Kelly (Virginia). They are by far one of the better teams in the 15th Region.

You have done great this year AC. Keep up the good work.....:letsparty
WHat are the records of both teams
At least they kept it more respectable than Pikeville did in the All A
Mr.Baseball2 Wrote:WHat are the records of both teams
After the Pike Central DH last night, Allen Central is now 18-8. As for Catholic, I am not positive, but I'm thinking it's around 23/24-6.
Disco Stu Wrote:At least they kept it more respectable than Pikeville did in the All A

haha, yea they did