Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does Obama's victory give liberals a sense of personal accomplishment?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Obama's 50-48% popular vote victory and his landslide victory in the electors have liberals everywhere fired up. They can't seem to quite talking about it on here, on Facebook, or anywhere. It's like, a sense of accomplishment for them. There's nothing like electing somebody that is going to pull us out of this big mess. Obama inherited a big mess from that awful, lazy, no-good president George W. Bush in 2008, and now he inherits an even bigger mess from that evil George W. Bush in 2012.

Had Mitt Romney won the election, my post on Facebook (and on BGR) would have simply been congratulating Mitt Romney and simply thanking Obama for his four years of service, being classy and not trying to gash any deeper wounds with friends. However, the liberals choose a different road when Obama wins. They choose to continue to bash Romney, to make posts calling conservatives out, and I am thinking to myself, you bastards wonder why we don't support Obama? I feel that, once the election is over, there is no point in beating a dead horse. I feel the same way in football - no point in beating a dead horse, or bashing teams after their players, coaches, and communities are hurt knowing they played their final games. Liberals feel different. They feel the need to beat the dead horses, to continue gashing wounds, like the low-class heathens they are And, I'm sure that, in four years, liberals will even try to find a way to blame Mitt Romney for the bigger mess that Obama will leave behind.

I notice a big difference between the conservatives and liberals I know. The conservatives are disappointed about the election, but they are back at and out in their communities trying to make a difference. These people are the innovators. Their accomplishments, are their own. They are fighting to succeed despite a down economy. If they don't succeed, they don't go out blaming others. They get back at it, and they try again. They refuse to let anybody tell them at that they won't succeed.

The liberals, seem to be either not working and collecting dough from Uncle Sam, or working the $8-$10/hour jobs while making no effort to improve themselves. Then, they expect to take the success of others. Which is why, Obama winning was such a big deal to them. They will never be able to go out on their own and make big achievements - to succeed for themselves. Is it that they're not talented enough? No! I lack a lot of talent as it is, but I am succeeding big for a young business professional. The fact is, it's that they're too lazy and too scared to do so, but they can try to live off the successes of Obama winning the election, as well as Obama's moves to punish the people who do succeed in life.

Tuesday night, and Wednesday, I felt disappointed. I was hurt, knowing our nation made such a dumb decision. At the same time, it's not the first time we have made a dumb decision. Some of our worst presidents have been two term presidents. Heck, Nixon won over 500 electoral votes! I wonder how many people today would vote for Nixon - probably not many. Liberals will cherish Obama's victory on November 6, 2012 as their own and will continue to try to rub it in our faces for the next few years. Instead of dropping it, moving on, and trying to reel in the Romney supporters to encourage them to support Obama, they choose to do otherwise which is, one reason, I will never support Obama. At the same time, it has to be difficult deep down for the liberals knowing that you will always be mediocre at life. I'm not going to let the deadbeats and the lowlifes of the world get to me. I'm going to keep working hard, achieving, dreaming big. And I hope all my conservative friends will do the same. Obama will do some damage to our country, but if he tries to stop me from achieving my goals then he will be trying to drag me down all the way until I get to the finish line. He will not stop me. Nor will his supporters. We will keep moving on, moving ahead.
WideRight05 Wrote:Obama's 50-48% popular vote victory and his landslide victory in the electors have liberals everywhere fired up. They can't seem to quite talking about it on here, on Facebook, or anywhere. It's like, a sense of accomplishment for them. There's nothing like electing somebody that is going to pull us out of this big mess. Obama inherited a big mess from that awful, lazy, no-good president George W. Bush in 2008, and now he inherits an even bigger mess from that evil George W. Bush in 2012.

Had Mitt Romney won the election, my post on Facebook (and on BGR) would have simply been congratulating Mitt Romney and simply thanking Obama for his four years of service, being classy and not trying to gash any deeper wounds with friends. However, the liberals choose a different road when Obama wins. They choose to continue to bash Romney, to make posts calling conservatives out, and I am thinking to myself, you bastards wonder why we don't support Obama? I feel that, once the election is over, there is no point in beating a dead horse. I feel the same way in football - no point in beating a dead horse, or bashing teams after their players, coaches, and communities are hurt knowing they played their final games. Liberals feel different. They feel the need to beat the dead horses, to continue gashing wounds, like the low-class heathens they are And, I'm sure that, in four years, liberals will even try to find a way to blame Mitt Romney for the bigger mess that Obama will leave behind.

I notice a big difference between the conservatives and liberals I know. The conservatives are disappointed about the election, but they are back at and out in their communities trying to make a difference. These people are the innovators. Their accomplishments, are their own. They are fighting to succeed despite a down economy. If they don't succeed, they don't go out blaming others. They get back at it, and they try again. They refuse to let anybody tell them at that they won't succeed.

The liberals, seem to be either not working and collecting dough from Uncle Sam, or working the $8-$10/hour jobs while making no effort to improve themselves. Then, they expect to take the success of others. Which is why, Obama winning was such a big deal to them. They will never be able to go out on their own and make big achievements - to succeed for themselves. Is it that they're not talented enough? No! I lack a lot of talent as it is, but I am succeeding big for a young business professional. The fact is, it's that they're too lazy and too scared to do so, but they can try to live off the successes of Obama winning the election, as well as Obama's moves to punish the people who do succeed in life.

Tuesday night, and Wednesday, I felt disappointed. I was hurt, knowing our nation made such a dumb decision. At the same time, it's not the first time we have made a dumb decision. Some of our worst presidents have been two term presidents. Heck, Nixon won over 500 electoral votes! I wonder how many people today would vote for Nixon - probably not many. Liberals will cherish Obama's victory on November 6, 2012 as their own and will continue to try to rub it in our faces for the next few years. Instead of dropping it, moving on, and trying to reel in the Romney supporters to encourage them to support Obama, they choose to do otherwise which is, one reason, I will never support Obama. At the same time, it has to be difficult deep down for the liberals knowing that you will always be mediocre at life. I'm not going to let the deadbeats and the lowlifes of the world get to me. I'm going to keep working hard, achieving, dreaming big. And I hope all my conservative friends will do the same. Obama will do some damage to our country, but if he tries to stop me from achieving my goals then he will be trying to drag me down all the way until I get to the finish line. He will not stop me. Nor will his supporters. We will keep moving on, moving ahead.
It's you boys making threads all over the place about Obama, after the election. It does feel good gloating a little after having all the "so sure" quotes you all were making guaranteeing a Romney win. Don't start this high road bullshit, you've never saw a high road, until your man lost. You were one of the ones gloating over a sure win.
TheRealVille Wrote:It's you boys making threads all over the place about Obama, after the election. It does feel good gloating a little after having all the "so sure" quotes you all were making guaranteeing a Romney win. Don't start this high road bullshit, you've never saw a high road, until your man lost. You were one of the ones gloating over a sure win.
Why don't you just get it out of the way, RV? Post all of the quotes that you want and stop threatening to do so. Who cares?

The election has not changed the opinions of those of us who believe that Obama is destroying this country like none of his predecessors could have done. We have never had a president before that so obviously hates the United States of America. Instead of quietly discussing areas of common interest with Republican leaders to end the thread of the approaching fiscal cliff, Obama read a speech, and then promptly started his vacation in Asia.

Be proud that you helped elect this sorry excuse for a human being to a second term, but keep in mind that if I am right about him, his popularity will not last through four more years. So, gloat, spike the football, post all of those quotes that you have clipped, or whatever makes you happy while you can still do so without looking like a total dope.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Why don't you just get it out of the way, RV? Post all of the quotes that you want and stop threatening to do so. Who cares?

The election has not changed the opinions of those of us who believe that Obama is destroying this country like none of his predecessors could have done. We have never had a president before that so obviously hates the United States of America. Instead of quietly discussing areas of common interest with Republican leaders to end the thread of the approaching fiscal cliff, Obama read a speech, and then promptly started his vacation in Asia.

Be proud that you helped elect this sorry excuse for a human being to a second term, but keep in mind that if I am right about him, his popularity will not last through four more years. So, gloat, spike the football, post all of those quotes that you have clipped, or whatever makes you happy while you can still do so without looking like a total dope.
You and benchwarmer are the two main thread starters, yet WR05 blames it on the liberals.
It should give liberals a sense of accomplishment. However, it should give the takers a bigger sense of accomplishment.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Why don't you just get it out of the way, RV? Post all of the quotes that you want and stop threatening to do so. Who cares?

you have never been right about anything so i guess you be wrong about this 2
TheRealVille Wrote:You and benchwarmer are the two main thread starters, yet WR05 blames it on the liberals.
I don't plan to spend as much time on here in the next few months, but I do not intend to ignore the damage that Obama will continue to do to this country's economy and to the legitimacy of our federal government. I also intend to actively criticize Republicans in Congress who believe that they have no choice now but to compromise on core values. I probably dislike John Boehner more than you do - but for entirely different reasons - and the quicker that Reince Priebus is shown the door, the better. The Tea Party Republicans were not the problem in this election, the establishment Republicans like Boehner and McConnell, who failed to excite the party's, base cost Romney the election.

This was a turnout election and both parties did a poor job with their GOTV efforts. It is pretty clear now that Sarah Palin drew many Republicans to the polls in 2008 to vote for McCain, who then apparently decided to stay home this year. The GOP leadership brilliantly decided to deny Palin a prime time speaking spot but did trot out two of the worst speakers in Congress, Boehner and McConnell, in evening spots. I also thought that it was an insult to Ron Paul supporters to deny him a chance to address the convention with a live speech.
vector Wrote:you have never been right about anything so i guess you be wrong about this 2
I may be wrong about a lot of things, but at least my posts are coherent. Who gets the blame for your unintelligible posts - public schools in eastern Kentucky or West Virginia? Confusednicker:

(If your posts are the result of a traumatic head injury that compels you to babble incoherently, then please accept my apology for this post.)

This election is a good example of how our society has completely lost touch with proper thinking. People choose to go with their hearts instead of their heads. They choose to pick Obama because of his race, because he is "Santa Claus." Just because Obama wins the election, they consider that their big life accomplishment - that the other side should just bow down and kiss his rear end to the moon. Not going to happen. That is not going to sway our opinions to him, just because a majority of people like him. Stupid decisions have been made voting in past elections, whether it be for the president or for the house/senate. However, this one takes the cake as the dumbest decision of all by a majority of the American people.

TheRealVille Wrote:It's you boys making threads all over the place about Obama, after the election. It does feel good gloating a little after having all the "so sure" quotes you all were making guaranteeing a Romney win. Don't start this high road bullshit, you've never saw a high road, until your man lost. You were one of the ones gloating over a sure win.

First off TRV, your pick was based on strictly emotion and you know it. A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. Yes, I will admit that my prediction was wrong and I have nothing to hide on that. However, my prediction was based on very reasonable assumptions. Some of the polls that you think so highly of, even predicted it wrong. Throw all the quotes you want at me, it is not going to change the fact that we are going to go through four years of hell and that our nation is in more danger than ever. I don't see why I should join up with a bunch of low-class people who make decisions based off emotion rather than fact and support this fool we have in office right now.

TheRealVille Wrote:You and benchwarmer are the two main thread starters, yet WR05 blames it on the liberals.

They're starting threads, as are you! Unlike you, we are concerned about the direction of our nation. We care about who we put in office. We don't just vote a community organizer in just so we can say that we elected a black president two times. And it was Vector, who started "were you at boys," as soon as the election is over. This does not just involve threads, it involves posts made by the likes of you, 4_Real, Wildcat (provided him and 4_real are not the same idiot), and Vector.

vector Wrote:you have never been right about anything so i guess you be wrong about this 2

LOL, and name a time you have been right about something. Apparently you just might be a real person...but I still refuse to believe that you are not a conservative trying to make liberals look stupid. You are doing a great job, of making liberals look stupid regardless of who you are or what your purpose is.
WideRight05 Wrote:First off TRV, your pick was based on strictly emotion and you know it. A blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. Yes, I will admit that my prediction was wrong and I have nothing to hide on that. However, my prediction was based on very reasonable assumptions. Some of the polls that you think so highly of, even predicted it wrong. Throw all the quotes you want at me, it is not going to change the fact that we are going to go through four years of hell and that our nation is in more danger than ever. I don't see why I should join up with a bunch of low-class people who make decisions based off emotion rather than fact and support this fool we have in office right now.
Absolutely not. I watched polls and news almost exclusively for the last 2 months before the election, the difference is, I stayed away from FOX. You were listening to Fox because they were telling you what you wanted to hear. About a month before the election, I was starting to get worried, but after that, it looked like Obama was in good shape.
TheRealVille Wrote:Absolutely not. I watched polls and news almost exclusively for the last 2 months before the election, the difference is, I stayed away from FOX. You were listening to Fox because they were telling you what you wanted to hear. About a month before the election, I was starting to get worried, but after that, it looked like Obama was in good shape.
The diversion of Hurricane Sandy and Obama's effective cover-up of the bungled response to the Benghazi terrorist attack changed the course of the election. Romney had all of the momentum and he blew it by not making Benghazi a major campaign issue because he thought that he was sitting on a lead.
Old saying goes (You Know What Thought Done).
Joker Wrote:Old saying goes (You Know What Thought Done).
Yeah, I thought that we might have seen the last of vector but I was wrong. Confusednicker: