Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Catholic 35 Knox Central 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Congrats to the knights on a hard hitting game. I realize the score looks like a rout but I never got too comfortable til early in the 4th. Congrats to Knox Central on a great 10-2 season. We may see you again next year.
Lex Cath is much better than I thought they were.
Congrats to lexington catholic i am a bit surprised at the final score, I thought Knox Central would put a better fight instead they got whipped pretty good from the looks of the final score... however i will watch the replay of this game later tonight on Ihigh.com. Congrats to Knox Central on a great season!
Congrats Catholic :Thumbs:
congrats to LC
Congrats LC. Congrats Panthers on the schools best season.
First of all let me say congrats to a very good Lex Cath team!!! Tonight you handed our Butts to us on both sides of the ball. LC played a very good game and I'm not sure if the panthers ever got off the bus, they couldn't do anything against LC, if I remember right LC only punted 1 time and scored every time they had ball but three times. LC was by far the better team and my hat is off to them and thier coaching staff great job and good luck next week!!!
Congrats Lex Cath. I thought KC would have more than that, Watched the game on I High and was very surprised that all they did was run the ball between the tackles. That is where Catholic is the strongest by far.
Congrats to the Knights,see ya friday night.
Shocked Canady couldn't do more, if touted as Mr. Football you have to beat teams like this. That is why Quick from Trinity will win, he has played against superior competition and did good.
Who was that in the KNOX uniforms playing against LC it wasn’t the team I have watched all season they must have stayed on the bus. Congratulations LC on a good win.
Congrats to Lex Cath and congrats to Knox on a great season!
Lexington Catholic vs Highlands will be a very good game this year.
adopted purple Wrote:Lexington Catholic vs Highlands will be a very good game this year.

Getting ahead of your self a little are'nt you?:dontthink
Jack Lambert Wrote:Getting ahead of your self a little are'nt you?:dontthink

Yes I am. Brain fart. My apologies to Boyle County. This should be a heck of a game.
West 80 Wrote:Shocked Canady couldn't do more, if touted as Mr. Football you have to beat teams like this. That is why Quick from Trinity will win, he has played against superior competition and did good.

Your statement may be alittle one sided so here is the otherside. Quick is great and does deserve Mr. Football. Canady how ever I wouldn't trade him for any player in the state. He is a class act, hardest working young man I have ever seen. I was told at half-time he had to have a shot in his shoulder because of an injury and he refused to sit out the rest of the game. He was also, fighting achlies heal injury. The kid plays RB--WR--OLB--SS--Punts--and returns. If he doesn't deserve to be mentioned as a Mr. Football Canidate then I have no respect for it. Shocked he couldn't do more, LOL Knox is a team, and our Team should have done more.:thanks: 10-2 best record in school history. We are getting there.
adopted purple Wrote:Yes I am. Brain fart. My apologies to Boyle County. This should be a heck of a game.

Thank you,you're a scholar,and a gentleman.
Like I said in another post (KC/LC updates) Its very disappointing that KC pretty much didnt show up in this one. Satisfied with a 10-2 season and an early win over probably the best team in the mountains (HC Black Bears) Nice season, but disappointing finish! Not the king of the mountains by any stretch of the imagination. Sorry, but there probably is no king of the mountains really this year. The Bobcats have been knocked off their throne, but there is not really a team right now that can claim the King status. Only a state championship would give a team that right IMO and we have several teams left with a shot at a Title
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Like I said in another post (KC/LC updates) Its very disappointing that KC pretty much didnt show up in this one. Satisfied with a 10-2 season and an early win over probably the best team in the mountains (HC Black Bears) Nice season, but disappointing finish! Not the king of the mountains by any stretch of the imagination. Sorry, but there probably is no king of the mountains really this year. The Bobcats have been knocked off their throne, but there is not really a team right now that can claim the King status. Only a state championship would give a team that right IMO and we have several teams left with a shot at a Title

Not satisfied..and no we never got off the Bus. And you are correct we did Beat a very good Harlan Co. team. True the Kings throne is vacant and will probably remain that way for 2012.:popcorn:
The King will be decided the 2nd week of the season next year between Belfry and HC.
Belfry and Breathitt play for the crown this week.
E's Army Wrote:Belfry and Breathitt play for the crown this week.

:thatsfunnConfusednicker::lmao::biglmao::blabbermo
highschoolfan Wrote:Your statement may be alittle one sided so here is the otherside. Quick is great and does deserve Mr. Football. Canady how ever I wouldn't trade him for any player in the state. He is a class act, hardest working young man I have ever seen. I was told at half-time he had to have a shot in his shoulder because of an injury and he refused to sit out the rest of the game. He was also, fighting achlies heal injury. The kid plays RB--WR--OLB--SS--Punts--and returns. If he doesn't deserve to be mentioned as a Mr. Football Canidate then I have no respect for it. Shocked he couldn't do more, LOL Knox is a team, and our Team should have done more.:thanks: 10-2 best record in school history. We are getting there.

Knox had a great season this year. But there was a season that was as good and could be better looking at competition played as I checked back. 2008 KC team record was 10-3. The third loss was in the regional championship against bell where bell won on a last minute score to go ahead. KC finished as regional runner ups that year as they went another game past this years team.
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Like I said in another post (KC/LC updates) Its very disappointing that KC pretty much didnt show up in this one. Satisfied with a 10-2 season and an early win over probably the best team in the mountains (HC Black Bears) Nice season, but disappointing finish! Not the king of the mountains by any stretch of the imagination. Sorry, but there probably is no king of the mountains really this year. The Bobcats have been knocked off their throne, but there is not really a team right now that can claim the King status. Only a state championship would give a team that right IMO and we have several teams left with a shot at a Title

Bobcats haven't been knocked off throne. They still sit on Log Mountain this week in regional championship game. Harlan meant nothing in the walk to playoffs.
Belfry will beat Breathitt by 3 touchdowns, Bell is no longer the king of the mtn it was a good run but that is over, Knox well you are really not that good and very overrated. Good luck in the playoffs if you are still in them.
fantime Wrote:Knox had a great season this year. But there was a season that was as good and could be better looking at competition played as I checked back. 2008 KC team record was 10-3. The third loss was in the regional championship against bell where bell won on a last minute score to go ahead. KC finished as regional runner ups that year as they went another game past this years team.

In 2008, KC went 9-4 with losses to Corbin, Pulaski, and Bell Twice.. In 2010, KC went 10-3 with losses to Johnson Central and Bell twice.. Knox Central is completely overrated and always have been.. They've never made it past a regional championship game, Harlan County, Belfry, Bell County all have.. Jeffrey Canady has never showed up in a big game on his high school career.. Big time players carry their teams when it matters the most and he never has
typo 2010 i meant
Early action photos

Partionally blocked punt
[Image: IMG_0331sm-S.jpg]

First TD by Marcellus Logan

[Image: IMG_0367-S.jpg]
Bobby Jacoby nails a 46 yard FG from the right hash.

[Image: IMG_0469-S.jpg]

Though 5 yards short of the overall school record (Ben Hupman) a 46 yard FG in high school is always impressive.
Pages: 1 2