Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County 14 Russell County 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final

Kind of sloppy game, but I will take it. Britt was pretty well held in check tonight. Rematch with LC I am guessing...
Congrats Rebels,

And Congrats Lakers on a fantastic season. We are all proud of you.
The XP was good. It may not have changed the final score but it would changed the strategy.
Stats:
Boyle 149 rushing (Burke 109)
Russell 104 rushing (Britt 68)

Passing
Boyle 113 yards
Russell 108 yards

Turnovers :
Boyle 2
Russell 1

Penaltys:
Boyle 5 for 35 yards
Russell 1 for 5 yards
daybowbow Wrote:The XP was good. It may not have changed the final score but it would changed the strategy.

There's no way that was good. That was a dead pull left.
Congrats BC on a good win...your defense played very well tonight. Enjoy the win guys and good luck next week.
I'm not going to make excuses or argue but the XP was good. The Lakers still needed to make plays in the passing game and it didn't happen.
Congrats to Boyle County on the victory!

Congrats to Russell County on a great season!
Pretty even matchup... have to think Boyle's big game experience and tough schedule gave them the little edge they needed.
Congrats to the rebels, I predicted this right both boyle and lexington catholic wins on the night...:Thumbs:
Congrats to Boyle. Congrats to Russell County on a great season.
This was a great defensive effort by both teams. The real difference was that the Lakers failed to make plays that they had consistently made throughout the season. Boyle did an excellent job avoiding the blocks in the run game, and Russell did an excellent job on defense.

No one would have ever expected that we would have missed the extra point and two FGs even though one was 50+ yards. Nonetheless, we had opportunities throughout the game and just didn't get it done. I'm just glad that it wasn't for lack of effort, our guys left it all on the field and just ran out of clock.

Hats of to Boyle, tonight you were the better team.
Congrats to Russell on a great season,and congrats to Boyle on the win great game.
Best High school football game I've seen in some time. This time In the season, just win and advance is all that matters. You could tell that Boyle was very well prepared for Russell's running attack. I thought that at any second Britt was going to break a long one, but it never happened. Gang tackling was the key.
With a game this close, Russell County gained some respect around the state.
Two great teams going at it. Would love to see these two programs play again soon.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Pretty even matchup... have to think Boyle's big game experience and tough schedule gave them the little edge they needed.

This.
I thought toward the end of the game nick britt tried to take control but credit boyle co he couldnt...boyle co is nothing special but man they tackle and block....
RCDEV07 Wrote:I thought toward the end of the game nick britt tried to take control but credit boyle co he couldnt...boyle co is nothing special but man they tackle and block....

I agree that I was not too impressed with Boyle; HHS, CCH and LC much better and yet RC could not get past Boyle.
Who ya with !!!!!!
congrats Boyle
yep best team we have had for a long time and we couldnt get past boyle...says alot... what can u say?
Congrats Boyle.

Sad to see Russell Co season come to an end though. Had a great season, but, I'm sure that were looking to go a bit deeper.
Congrats to Russell Co on a great season. QB needed to make more throws than he did. Love Britt !! What a hard runner who does not avoid contact at all and from stance to line of scrimmage is so quick !!!!! Rebel D played a great game and seems to be playing more like the rebel defenses of old.
Great win by the Rebels tonight. Russell Co. played a hard fought game. Glad to be making the trip to Lex Cath next friday. I'm sure the Rebels are satisfied moving on to the next round. Go Rebels!!
[QUOTE=RCDEV07;1538077]yep best team we have had for a long time and we couldnt get past boyle...says alot... what can u say?[/QUOTE]

You can say that the fact that Russell co. played Boyle co. so close a game that Russell co. earned some respect from myself at least. Who knows.......maybe if Russell co. had played a tougher schedule then they might of won. Either way...congrats to Bolyle co. on returning to the regional championship and congrats to Russell co. on a great season.
Congrats Boyle county, both teams fought tooth and nail till the final horn, great deffense, Boyle county, wish we could have got off the field on third down, but Whittle played an excelent game, lakers had there chances hopefully laker future can be bright, i think next seasons lakers will have a good lil team, lakers keep your head up rebels good luck.
Congrats rebels and Congrats russel on a great season
Enjoyed the game but not the outcome. Boyle was very well coached and very disciplined on defense. You didn't see many broke tackles and the catches we made were made against great coverage. Good Luck to Boyle in the playoffs. Maybe we will see you again next year.
Where you at boys. What happen to the best running team we would see all year. I thought britt was going to run all over us. Ya right. :yawn:
Pages: 1 2 3