Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 48 Lawrence County 6
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Workmanlike win for Belfry.

Justin Johnson is back in full force.
congrats belfry! Good season bulldogs hit the weight room.
Congratulations Belfry!
Congrats Pirates . Keep the momentum going.
congrats Belfry,buckle down this week,and lay some wood on them Bobcats
Congrats to belfry on a nice win... good luck in show you down with breathitt!:Thumbs:
congrats pirates... (from a pikeville fan ) good luck next week
Congrats to Belfry...
Congrats on the win. This game was 21-0 late in the second quarter and lc scored on a 4th and goal but it was called back because lc quarterback was called over the line of scrimmage as he threw the pass. If they score there they get some momentum, but belfry instead went down and scored and made it 28-0. Belfry was the better team and they played with class. Lc played hard, they will be a good team the next few years.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Congrats on the win. This game was 21-0 late in the second quarter and lc scored on a 4th and goal but it was called back because lc quarterback was called over the line of scrimmage as he threw the pass. If they score there they get some momentum, but belfry instead went down and scored and made it 28-0. Belfry was the better team and they played with class. Lc played hard, they will be a good team the next few years.
Sports OT had a good view of this and I was setting straight across, he was a good step past the marker, the call was made easy because he was running so close to the markers.
QB is a heck of a player though and LC played hard, they were a lot better thant he first time Belfry played them I thought. Now if they can get some players in the program to build some depth.
Oh there was no question about it that he was across the line of scrimmage, it was a heck of a play on his part to scramble back across the field and you cant blame him for throwing it. A kid comes in front of him wide open and he just let it go. A couple Belfry players were closing in on him so I'm not sure he could have ran for the first down or not. He is a great competitor.
Belfry is a well-rounded, fundamentally sound football team. They are led by the best.
Big Red keeps rolling
Even though LC lost, I like the play of the quarterback. He really controls the offense and made some nice reads running the option. For a quarterback to rush for over 1,000 yards and 20 td's says a lot.
Great game by the Belfry front line, not enough credit goes to those guys. Also give credit to Lawrence Co. good young group and led by an athletic QB in the next few years I see them as a hand full, hopefully they will get some numbers so unlike the first game they are not destroyed by injuries.