Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 58th district tournament pairings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Tuesday, May 23rd
6 pm #1 Allen Central vs. #4 South Floyd

8 pm #2 Betsy Layne vs. #3 Prestonsburg

Wednesday, May 24th
7 pm Championship Game

*Games will be played at Archer Park in Prestonsburg
Looks like P'Burg and Betsy Layne will have to use their aces to get past the first round leaving them not much of an option for Wednesday's game. I look for Allen Central to win it again! Good Luck to all teams!
I'd say Prestonsburg will pitched Rodebaugh the first game and save Hamilton for Allen Central. I think they think he is good enough to beat BL.
Maybe, but BL has already beaten P'burg twice...P'burg is horrible and has played the weakest schedule in the region. They better use Hamilton vs. BL to try to make it to the region, where they will immediately get throttled...
final game will be A.C and B.L
I think Allen Central will win the District for the 2nd straight year. The game between Prestonsburg and Betsy Layne will be one to watch though. Betsy Layne has beaten them twice already by one run each game. I think Prestonsburg may have their number this game, and I think the Blackcats will throw Hamilton, then use him as a catcher versus AC. That would be their best bet anyway. I think Rodebaugh is a good pitcher and they can beat BL with him, but saving Hamilton could be a mistake for the Blackcats. BL will not go down quietly though, by no means. I expect it to be back and forth most of the game.

I think P-burg may win because it is hard to beat a team that close in competition 3 times in a season. However it can happen. I hope I get to see this game.
jetpilot Wrote:Maybe, but BL has already beaten P'burg twice...P'burg is horrible and has played the weakest schedule in the region. They better use Hamilton vs. BL to try to make it to the region, where they will immediately get throttled...

Jetpilot,how many games have you seen them play? (P'burg) 2? and you say their horrible?
Their first 5 games were losses and without all of the Sr. starters. They have the tools to be very good. If they just pull it togather.
Who knows whats going to happen..if you remember last year South Floyd shocked Betsy Layne and ended up playing Ac for the district championship
THUNDERCHILD Wrote:Jetpilot,how many games have you seen the play? (P'burg) 2? and you say their horrible?
Their first 5 games were losses and without most of the Sr. starters. They have the tools to be very good. If they just pull it togather.

If he has even seen them play. Prestonsburg hasn't won a lot of games, but they've played a lot of good teams close. They beat Phelps 3-1, which so did Pikeville, and they beat Morgan Co. Both are solid teams.
I see AC and BL in the finals on Wednesday.
I see the second game between BL and P-burg veing a good game because they will both want it. I will have to say that I will be there to watch that game! But hey I am for Allen Central!!! WOO!!!! :Cheerlead