Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 4 - Boyd Co. 2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. Freshman Mike Conley pitched a complete game! Congrats!
Good win for JC and the 15th region
I just want to know how. I'm not taking nothing away from the Eagles, they are a solid team, and they're young, but Boyd is a top team in the state. I've seen them play and they can play. Did they play bad or did Johnson Central just have the game of thier season???
Nice win for the Eagles and freshman Conley! I wasn't expecting this, but Johnson Central has the ability to play with anyone! Congrats!
Congrats JC! Nice Win for the Eagles. What no reply from the STATMASTER about the mighty 16th? LOL! Just goes to show anyone can win at any time. That's why they play them!
Congrats to JC.
Eagle Eye Wrote:Final. Freshman Mike Conley pitched a complete game! Congrats!

And Alfus said we couldn't compete...
15th region team with a losing record beats a top team in the state...
BUT, I'm not surprised...way to go Johnson Central.:notworthy
Picking on Alfus again.
Not really, more giving JC their props...big win for them and puts them up there with the regional favorites...
Central played well defensively and that was the key. They also beat a kid that has just signed on to pitch at UK.
Cougar_Guy Wrote:I just want to know how. I'm not taking nothing away from the Eagles, they are a solid team, and they're young, but Boyd is a top team in the state. I've seen them play and they can play. Did they play bad or did Johnson Central just have the game of thier season???
When Johnson Central doesn't kill themselves defensively they are more than capable of defeating teams like Boyd County. JC played very sound fundamental baseball last night.
good job J.C:thumpsup:
jetpilot Wrote:And Alfus said we couldn't compete...
15th region team with a losing record beats a top team in the state...
BUT, I'm not surprised...way to go Johnson Central.:notworthy

Big surprise, you missed my point once again. Which is the point that consistently the 15th can't compete with teams down state. I said in another thread that Boyd was a rare exception for some years, but you must have missed that. Boyd is not down state either. This was one game, so consistency once again was not met.They are a top team, but let's just forget the fact that they beat Johnson Central 10-0 in 5 Innings in an earlier meeting...And yes I know Paintsville played them to one run but it was still a loss. Consistently means to beat them on a more regular basis which is something the 15th doesn't do. Simple as that........Once again
Ridge Runner Wrote:Congrats JC! Nice Win for the Eagles. What no reply from the STATMASTER about the mighty 16th? LOL! Just goes to show anyone can win at any time. That's why they play them!
:notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
The 15th and JC get a nice win. I still think the 16th is the better region this year. :thumpsup:
Eagle Eye Wrote:Final. Freshman Mike Conley pitched a complete game! Congrats!

Conley may be one of the best overlooked freshmen in the area, Coach Hall seems to think so, with starts against Pikeville, Paintsvile, Sheldon Clark, Shelby Valley, Letcher Central,Wheelersburg, and Boyd County. He has also pitched several times in relief and has the lowest ERA on the team. If you have followed the Eagles you know they are a good team but are struggling with errors!!! Last night is an example of their potential with veteran players Fyffe, Blanton, and Plummer stepping up to make excellent plays at the right time. Don't overlook Richardson considering the three run shot against Allen Central the other night.
I see good things for the Eagles. It is great to have the quality of players that we have at both JCHS and Paintsville!!!!!!!!!!!
3sporteagle Wrote:Conley may be one of the best overlooked freshmen in the area, Coach Hall seems to think so, with starts against Pikeville, Paintsvile, Sheldon Clark, Shelby Valley, Letcher Central,Wheelersburg, and Boyd County. He has also pitched several times in relief and has the lowest ERA on the team. If you have followed the Eagles you know they are a good team but are struggling with errors!!! Last night is an example of their potential with veteran players Fyffe, Blanton, and Plummer stepping up to make excellent plays at the right time. Don't overlook Richardson considering the three run shot against Allen Central the other night.
I see good things for the Eagles. It is great to have the quality of players that we have at both JCHS and Paintsville!!!!!!!!!!!
I dont think he is overlooked at all. Ha Ha I know what you meant.

Conley did pitch very well last night. Stayed very composed. Eagles are able to compete with anyone when they play good defense.

As far as lowest team ERA however that is Blanton. He is at 1.94 and has only given up 11 earned runs the entire season. Fyffe is next in line at 3.15. Conley stands at 3rd with a very good 3.29, and all 3 have thrown about the same amount of innings on the season.
I hope the JC can keep playing like this into the post season!!
Statmaster Wrote::notworthy :notworthy :notworthy
The 15th and JC get a nice win. I still think the 16th is the better region this year. :thumpsup:

Yea, the 15th anent doing to well this year, 16 has the upper region so far..
Golden Eagle Wrote:When Johnson Central doesn't kill themselves defensively they are more than capable of defeating teams like Boyd County. JC played very sound fundamental baseball last night.

Amen!! JC is a very good team when they play EVERY play. But they are high school kids, and they do make mistakes. But I do believe that the JC boys seen what they can do if they stay focused throughout the whole game.

Great win for the 15th, but Boyd is still way better than any team in the 15th. But any given night, a team with a losing record can beat a state contender.