Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best RB in NFL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seen this on facebook and thought I'd make a thread of it to see who everyone thinks is the best RB in the NFL at this point.

Arian Foster (Houston) - 192 carries, 770 yards, 10 TD. Averaging 4.0 yards a carry

Adrian Peterson (Minnesota) - 168 carries, 957 yards, 6 TD. Averaging 5.7 yards a carry
To me it's clearly Peterson.
AP - Has to do much more then AF
AP
This is topic that changes a lot IMO.

But Right Now:

1) Adrian Peterson (MIN)
2) Arian Foster (HOU)

3) Marshawn Lynch (SEA)
4) Frank Gore (SF)
5) Doug Martin (TB)

Those 3 need to get some love in this thread.
Everyone feel free to add whoever you want to the list....The thing on facebook (Madden '13) only listed Peterson and Foster as the top 2
Ray Rice was the best RB in the league last year, hands down, and will ontinue to be this year.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ray Rice was the best RB in the league last year, hands down, and will ontinue to be this year.

Yeah he should be... Play calling hurts him... I think he should get the ball 30 times every game.
When he's healthy, Adrian Peterson is the best RB in the league.
Doug Martin put in a huge case yesterday to be a top 10 back with over 200 yards rushing and 4 TDS all coming in the second half. He will be a name to remember in his many years in the league baring injury.
I love Frank Gore that guy can put the Niners on his back and take them to the promise land.
I am with ekff somewhat on this topic. The days of 2-3 dominant backs are over. There are probably 5-6 that could make the pro-bowl every year.

Arian Foster splits carries and has a great offensive line. Adrian Peterson is special BUT he has fumble-itis.

I would say that the best RB in the NFL is Maurice Jones-Drew. The dude has NOBODY to help him. He basically plays 11-1 every possession.
Peterson. Numbers speak loudly hear.
After yesterday's performance I would say that Doug Martin is playing like the best RB in the NFL but, I would still have to go with Arian Foster as being the best RB in the NFL!
Martin averaging over 40pts last two week in fantasy! I hope he continues to have a huge year!

I think it's Foster with Peterson a very close 2nd.
ekff Wrote:Yeah he should be... Play calling hurts him... I think he should get the ball 30 times every game.

I will agree with that.
Harbaugh uses stupid flat routes way to much instead of using Rice in short yardage situations.
For an overall runningback to rely on, i feel he is the best, or atleast top 3, and thats not because im a ravens fan.

Rice has developed into a pro bowl runningback, and is someone that the Ravens need to keep around for as long as possible.

The Ravens need to start getting Rice to the outside more instead of using play action when you know Rice can get the yards.
I'd take any of the above. All good backs who make their teams offense much more dangerous. Play action fake with a good back is a beautiful thing.
Adrian Peterson not at 100% is still the best. He is the most complete player
In my FF League at the office, Rice and Peterson are my two running backs. :biggrin: