Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: best bell county team since 2000 that didnt win state?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
just wondering some others opionion on this topic. because it looks as if a golden era is slowing on long mountain.
09 10 imo
Just based on what games I seen in person, IMO the 2009 Bell team was the best I seen, The Bell team that lost at Boyle on a last second fieldgoal.
2004. Lost to highlands 13-15 in the state semis. Both Highlands touchdowns, and I think even the 2 pt conversions were scored my Mike Mitchell, who was ruled ineligible to compete in the game, after the game. Shawn Robbins IMHO was the best back to ever carry the ball at Bell. 09 was close, but 2004 gets the nod to me.
I wouldnt say it is slowing.
They were much better this year than lets say 2006. There have been so not so good years in there with some really great ones. Makes it hard to distinguish.
kyfootballer Wrote:just wondering some others opionion on this topic. because it looks as if a golden era is slowing on long mountain.

It's log mountain. And every program has rebuilding years. They will be back on top soon enough.
2009 team......lost to Boyle County at Boyle on a last second field goal. Good team all around, had good team speed and a very good o-line.
2009 and 2010 teams.
The 2008 team that lost to ? I can't remember, but bell was loaded! Maybe it was 2009?
Daddycat27 Wrote:The 2008 team that lost to ? I can't remember, but bell was loaded! Maybe it was 2009?

It was '09. In '08 Bell beat Bullitt East in a game that came down to the final play(s) as well.
2007 team was pretty good. got beat by Lex Cath in the region championship
BellCoFaithful Wrote:2004. Lost to highlands 13-15 in the state semis. Both Highlands touchdowns, and I think even the 2 pt conversions were scored my Mike Mitchell, who was ruled ineligible to compete in the game, after the game. Shawn Robbins IMHO was the best back to ever carry the ball at Bell. 09 was close, but 2004 gets the nod to me.

Yeah, I remember when we drove the brand new Camaro Z28 to Mike Mitchell. It was his signing bonus. Yeah, he loved that car, but right before the Bell County game he let his little brother drive it, and he and this stoner guy were cruising and stoning and wrecked the car. Totally destroyed it, and even with the ultimate set of tools the stoner's dad had, they couldn't fix it. Instead they brought it back to school and spray painted "BEAT HIGHLANDS", and "BELL COUNTY RULZ" all over it. Well, Mike saw that and swore he'd score 15 points on Log Mountain even if they played the game on Thanksgiving, or in 3 inches of mud. He was true to his word, too. Good times, baby. Good times.
You know, they should make a movie about that.
I would have to go with the 2009 team.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Yeah, I remember when we drove the brand new Camaro Z28 to Mike Mitchell. It was his signing bonus. Yeah, he loved that car, but right before the Bell County game he let his little brother drive it, and he and this stoner guy were cruising and stoning and wrecked the car. Totally destroyed it, and even with the ultimate set of tools the stoner's dad had, they couldn't fix it. Instead they brought it back to school and spray painted "BEAT HIGHLANDS", and "BELL COUNTY RULZ" all over it. Well, Mike saw that and swore he'd score 15 points on Log Mountain even if they played the game on Thanksgiving, or in 3 inches of mud. He was true to his word, too. Good times, baby. Good times.
You know, they should make a movie about that.

Maybe they can call it "Fast Times at Highlands High", it would be sweet. Confusednicker:

I would have to agree with 2004, Robbins was a beast carrying the ball and Barton and Rogers were tremendous on the defensive side of the ball.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Maybe they can call it "Fast Times at Highlands High", it would be sweet. Confusednicker:

I would have to agree with 2004, Robbins was a beast carrying the ball and Barton and Rogers were tremendous on the defensive side of the ball.

I wouldn't think it would be the 2004 team. They were at best the #3 team in EKY that year and lost to PBurg in the regular season.

The 2009 team to Boyle edged gets my vote. That was a very stout team who lost to a very good Boyle County.
Is this years team very good, because.....
2009 was a great team
this years
ballboy Wrote:this years

Not even over yet my friend.
I'd have to go with 2009, 2010.. If those two teams played each other 10 times, they'd split 5 and 5.. Better O-Line in 2009, better skilled players in 2010
bellcobobcats11 Wrote:I'd have to go with 2009, 2010.. If those two teams played each other 10 times, they'd split 5 and 5.. Better O-Line in 2009, better skilled players in 2010

:Thumbs:
The year that the Maddon boy was QB and Davenport was a JR (?) RB.
Madon was QB in '09 and '10. Davenport was a Soph in '09 and I think that was his best year and the best team. He played hurt much of '10.