Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Why David Cutcliffe Will Be UK’s Next Head Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I believe David Cutcliffe will be the next head coach of UK Football!

[Image: david_cutcliffe.jpg]

Would I rather have a sexy name like John Gruden? Definitely! But that’s not going to happen.

John Calipari comes to KY because it’s KY Basketball. John Gruden comes to KY why? I’ll tell you why.. because it’s KY football. He has nothing to gain by coming here.

How about Bobby Patrino? Really? I can’t believe fans actually want this guy. He’s loyal to no one but himself and after a couple of years he would move on to whatever Boby Patrino wanted to do.

So why David Cutcliffe?

He’s actually an up and coming coach. Cutcliffe was on the rise before a few life events resulted in some set backs.

Setback One: He was terminated after his only losing season at Ole Miss. Did you hear that? His “only” losing season. The AD at Ole Miss asked Cutcliffe to make some changes with the assistant coaches and Cutcliffe refused. It’s hard to say that loyalty is ever a bad thing.

Setback Two: Health problems that forced him to resign as the head assistant coach at Notre Dame.

Here’s a few reasons why David Cutliff is the man for the job.

Cutcliffe’s coaching career began as a student assistant to Bear Bryant at the University of Alabama.
Cutcliffe helped lead the Vols to two Southeastern Conference championships and a national championship

Cutcliffe led a major turnaround of the Tennessee offense during the 2006 season. Tennessee quarterback Erik Ainge ranked among the nation’s top 25 passers by yardage, and Robert Meachem had the third-most receiving yards of any player

Cutcliffe coached six quarterbacks that have gone on to play in the NFL: Heath Shuler, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Erik Ainge, and Thaddeus Lewis
Tennessee wanted David Cutcliffe after Lane Kiffen resigned. Cutcliffe turned down their request stating that Duke was the place for his family. Stealing any coach away from Tennessee is a plus in my book. This also shows he’s not going to leave for greener pastures after he has a little success.

Outside of David Cutcliffe, the only other coach I would want would be Mike Ditka. From the looks of this photo, he still has a few years before he’s ready.

[Image: baby-mike-ditka-halloween-costume-200x300.jpeg]

http://www.nationofblue.com/why-david-cu...ead-coach/
Cutcliffe is a Barnhart guy. This makes him one of the favorites.
Hell no!
He coached in the SEC. He know's what it takes to win in this league. He is a Tennessee guy, that job could be open at the end of the year and Cutcliffe may be their top guy to go after.
Let the Volunqueers have him.
After I seen the duke hat I stopped reading.
FBALL,

Besides Taggert, who would you like to see Mitch reach out to?
We need someone that can not only coach but also recruit. Recruit in other states besides just Tennessee and Georgia
MVP2 Wrote:FBALL,

Besides Taggert, who would you like to see Mitch reach out to?

Gus Malzahn

Or, (long shots I know) pony up some big bucks and see if you can't swipe Chris Peterson from Boise or Kevin Sumlin away from A&M. A stretch granted. But go big or go home.

Brent Pease or Kliff Kingsbury I would talk to as well.
I don't see Cutcliffe leaving Duke but, even if he would, I don't want him at UK because he is an older coach. I would like to have a younger coach that way if he is successful, we can keep him around for more than 4 years.
Kentucky is resume Killer. How many coaches since the Bear himself has left for a better job? We need a proven winner that will recruit Ky hard,We cannot afford to lose one instate recruit, Ohio and Ind, for kids that want to play SEC football,and then finish up in traditional SEC recruiting grounds. We have to quit taking chance on kids that fall through the cracks.I know Woodyard ,Cobb and a few more have played great for us But there has been a lot more bust than good.IMO
FBALL Wrote:Gus Malzahn

Or, (long shots I know) pony up some big bucks and see if you can't swipe Chris Peterson from Boise or Kevin Sumlin away from A&M. A stretch granted. But go big or go home.

Brent Pease or Kliff Kingsbury I would talk to as well.

I like Malzahn too.

I highly doubt Sumlin leaving College Station for Lexington but least he wouldn't have to beat out LSU/Bama each year and still be in the best conference in college football. However, stealing Kingsbury from Sumlin and A&M is a better possibly.
What kind of recruits could hearing is the question?
I would want a coach that is familiar with, and has coached in the SEC. Forget those Big 12 or Big 10 guys. You need a coach that knows what it takes to play "Big Boy football"..I would like Cutcliffe if he was a little younger, but why not go ahead and sell out and get someone like Petrino? I know Barnhart has said no way to Petrino, but why not? I know he's not the most lovable guy in the world, but the guy is a winner. He's a son of a bitch, but he's a winner, too. And seriously, if you want to talk about shady backgrounds, if you can sell out to get Calipari, then you have enough room for Petrino too. I know, I know, the NCAA couldnt prove Calipari guilty of anything. They couldnt prove Eddie Sutton guilty of anything either Smile
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I would want a coach that is familiar with, and has coached in the SEC. Forget those Big 12 or Big 10 guys. You need a coach that knows what it takes to play "Big Boy football"..I would like Cutcliffe if he was a little younger, but why not go ahead and sell out and get someone like Petrino? I know Barnhart has said no way to Petrino, but why not? I know he's not the most lovable guy in the world, but the guy is a winner. He's a son of a bitch, but he's a winner, too. And seriously, if you want to talk about shady backgrounds, if you can sell out to get Calipari, then you have enough room for Petrino too. I know, I know, the NCAA couldnt prove Calipari guilty of anything. They couldnt prove Eddie Sutton guilty of anything either Smile

I could not have said it better.
Petrino needs to go rot somewhere.
FBALL Wrote:Petrino needs to go rot somewhere.

He has no more baggage than Cal.He's just not the people person Cal is.And I believe there was a few people saying the same thing about Cal.Me being one of them. Cal changed my mind.
No way is this guy the right guy for the Ky job!!! We need somebody that is a dynamic personality with tremendous work ethic and the energy to take on a large challenge! Cutcliff does NOT fit this mold I am afraid...
I personally hope and don't believe it will be Cutcliffe, I just don't see him coming to the sec to struggle with the cats when he can keep on cashing in at duke. The only way I see him leaving duke would be for a more high profile job maybe Tennessee or maybe Arkansas but not Kentucky. My choices for UK would be 1. Sonny Dykes or 2. Brent Pease, I strongly believe it will be one of these a source close to the program said petrino was not a candidate period.
insideinfo Wrote:He has no more baggage than Cal.He's just not the people person Cal is.And I believe there was a few people saying the same thing about Cal.Me being one of them. Cal changed my mind.

Not the people person Calipari is is an understatement. I was in the same boat as you on him.

Petrino is polarizing. Love or hate. And there is a lot of hate. This program doesn't need that right now. It needs someone fresh that everybody can get behind. That is not Petrino.
BigBlueBobcatFan Wrote:I personally hope and don't believe it will be Cutcliffe, I just don't see him coming to the sec to struggle with the cats when he can keep on cashing in at duke. The only way I see him leaving duke would be for a more high profile job maybe Tennessee or maybe Arkansas but not Kentucky. My choices for UK would be 1. Sonny Dykes or 2. Brent Pease, I strongly believe it will be one of these a source close to the program said petrino was not a candidate period.
When we hired BILLY CLYDE I believe they said Cal was not a Candidate. Look how that turned out.Its time BARNHEAD grew a pair and quit trying to be politically correct.
UK needs a coach that knows how to recruit in Ohio, West Pennsylvania, and Detroit. Quit getting the guys that Florida, Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina don't want. Start stealing these good players from Michigan, Penn State and Ohio State. All UK has to do is say come play in the SEC.

And UK needs to be careful that they don't spend too much for a coach unless they're committed to keeping them for at least 5 years. No matter who UK hires, this team isn't winning much for 2 more years. They have C-USA talent playing against the SEC
TidesHoss32 Wrote:I would want a coach that is familiar with, and has coached in the SEC. Forget those Big 12 or Big 10 guys. You need a coach that knows what it takes to play "Big Boy football"..I would like Cutcliffe if he was a little younger, but why not go ahead and sell out and get someone like Petrino? I know Barnhart has said no way to Petrino, but why not? I know he's not the most lovable guy in the world, but the guy is a winner. He's a son of a bitch, but he's a winner, too. And seriously, if you want to talk about shady backgrounds, if you can sell out to get Calipari, then you have enough room for Petrino too. I know, I know, the NCAA couldnt prove Calipari guilty of anything. They couldnt prove Eddie Sutton guilty of anything either Smile

Some reason that cracked me up
Strikeout King Wrote:I believe David Cutcliffe will be the next head coach of UK Football!

[Image: david_cutcliffe.jpg]

Would I rather have a sexy name like John Gruden? Definitely! But that’s not going to happen.

John Calipari comes to KY because it’s KY Basketball. John Gruden comes to KY why? I’ll tell you why.. because it’s KY football. He has nothing to gain by coming here.

How about Bobby Patrino? Really? I can’t believe fans actually want this guy. He’s loyal to no one but himself and after a couple of years he would move on to whatever Boby Patrino wanted to do.

So why David Cutcliffe?

He’s actually an up and coming coach. Cutcliffe was on the rise before a few life events resulted in some set backs.

Setback One: He was terminated after his only losing season at Ole Miss. Did you hear that? His “only” losing season. The AD at Ole Miss asked Cutcliffe to make some changes with the assistant coaches and Cutcliffe refused. It’s hard to say that loyalty is ever a bad thing.

Setback Two: Health problems that forced him to resign as the head assistant coach at Notre Dame.

Here’s a few reasons why David Cutliff is the man for the job.

Cutcliffe’s coaching career began as a student assistant to Bear Bryant at the University of Alabama.
Cutcliffe helped lead the Vols to two Southeastern Conference championships and a national championship

Cutcliffe led a major turnaround of the Tennessee offense during the 2006 season. Tennessee quarterback Erik Ainge ranked among the nation’s top 25 passers by yardage, and Robert Meachem had the third-most receiving yards of any player

Cutcliffe coached six quarterbacks that have gone on to play in the NFL: Heath Shuler, Peyton Manning, Eli Manning, Erik Ainge, and Thaddeus Lewis
Tennessee wanted David Cutcliffe after Lane Kiffen resigned. Cutcliffe turned down their request stating that Duke was the place for his family. Stealing any coach away from Tennessee is a plus in my book. This also shows he’s not going to leave for greener pastures after he has a little success.

Outside of David Cutcliffe, the only other coach I would want would be Mike Ditka. From the looks of this photo, he still has a few years before he’s ready.

[Image: baby-mike-ditka-halloween-costume-200x300.jpeg]

http://www.nationofblue.com/why-david-cu...ead-coach/

I dont take any "news article" seriously when the writer has more puctuation errors than 4Real in the politics forum.
He couldnt even spell Petrino right...
Ill be honest with you guys, if UK hires a freaking Cutliff type coach, i will start bashing before winter is over. Absoloutly no chance.

There is only one clear choice and that Petrino. If you dont get him, you dont change.
Instead of two wins you might get 4 with a guy like Cutliff.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I dont take any "news article" seriously when the writer has more puctuation errors than 4Real in the politics forum.
He couldnt even spell Petrino right...

Agreed. :thatsfunn

No offense to anyone but when an article comes from nationofblue.com, I'm not going to read it.
My first choice would be Kirby Smart, if he turns us down then Brent Pease.
I was against it before, but you know what, it may be worth it to get Jim Tressel. Petrino has burned too many bridges
citykat Wrote:My first choice would be Kirby Smart, if he turns us down then Brent Pease.

Yes, I would much rather have a defensive minded head coach IMO.
UK needs a young dynamic guy who can sell kids on coming to Lexington. It will take a lot of energy to change the Cat's direction. Cutcliffe does not come across as dynamic or high energy. Barnhart is putting his career on the line with this hire. He got a mulligan with Billy Clyde but he can not afford another abject failure.
Pages: 1 2