Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky team and top players
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Was wondering about the big qb from turkeyfoot and wether or hes trying out for the ky team
Big boys from south pulaski look real good ,73,95,40,and 21. #34 from meade was very tough.#5,#1,#6,#9 from farnsley very fast and athletic.north has several good athletes,knox has wells,and several athletic types. Colett #32 from bell.#7 also very good and runs down hill.qb from union,qb from turkeyfoot.highlands out of louisville big thick strong rb.#60 from olmstead in louisville.61,44,40 from belfry very impressive.several young men from rockcastle very competive and athletic. Please help with the list would love to pass this on to the coaches sounds like a hell of a start to ending up in san antonio
66 for belfry has stopped the up the middle run game at the nose guard position. He is a good player as well.
#15 Butt 7th South Pulaski
Belfry has several top players the qb and safety #10 and the two backs 40 and 7 are great! 7 did a great job rushing last night
8 th grade level #5,1&6 from farnsley looked good. Didn't see much 8 grade.

7 grade level #11 qb& #34rb from jctms were impressive.

#92 with box haircut . Tall receiver great hands. Looked real good.

There was a little rb for 6 grade # 8 very shifty great speed
watched 7 grade ky team tryouts today looks like there is lots of upcoming talent.

#92 looked like noel from uk basketball. big, tall receiver with speed and great hands.

#11qb from jctms a little small but looked real good. threw ball real well also ran well

#7 from union didnt have pads on but looked like a nice qb. lefty with good accuracy

#34 from jctms is a nice running back lots of power.

smith boy from spencer county very fast played rb and db also a little receiver during 7 on 7 drills. nice size very fast.

#8 was a 6 grade running back . very small but really good. fast and shifty.

also saw some of the championship game #55 from bowling green was a great offensive tackle.
You know, I hope when they start deciding this Ky team they dont forget there are some great players here in Mayfield and Lone Oak. The fact remains that qb that had over 300 yards total offense against Raceland was kept in check against Mayfield. They found a way to win but, yardage was a premium in that game. I think he completed 1 pass in that game and it was for I think maybe a 2 yard gain. Then of course there was the big receiver and his qb from Lone Oak. If anyone needs film to help with that decision, I have the game film from Butler & Mayfield.
where are these tryouts? How do you get to try out? SInce they are having them I guess its too late for this year, but next year we wanna be there. Thanks.
Turkeyfoot up in Northern Ky? If so, you must be confusing him with some other team. Turkeyfoot in N Ky doesn't have a big QB. Cov Cath maybe?
1. S. Pulaski
2. N. Pulaski
3. Farnsley
4. Bowling green
5. Westport
if u wonder why north is 2 and didn't make semis its easy if they hadn't played south so early nobody else would have beat them maybe farnsley in a rematch maybe so top 5 d1 8th grade.
Bluedad your right mental lapse on my part.mayfield and lone oak need game film or a coach to get in contact with kymsfa officals. There was a tryout on sunday morning and lots of eight grade players showed up. I didnt see any from lone oak ie the quarterback and others. I dont recall seeing any of the mayfield kids as well. No meade county players tried out. I saw no newburg or olmstead kids present.highlands out of louisville has a big back i would have thought might have been there. I would love to see some of these players have tested their skills yesterday against the best in the state to have a shot at a national title. Northern pulaski had no one present yesterday which was a shock.i know the state has issues but i believe ky has great football. I would love to see the best team go into this national tournament but appeared that several kids where not informed or choose not to be there. I also saw only 6 or so 6th grade lineman. Please if you know of someon e get on the horn and get the word out.
The word isnt out. Our coaches have never mentioned anything about this to our kids. I would appreciate any info on how and where to get into these tryouts.
Well, I know we were not made aware of any tryouts here. I didn't have any idea that was how they did this. I thought they would converse with opposing coaches to get an idea and then envite the ones mentioned. We have a hard nosed tough bunch of defensive minded kids that I wish knew about this. I assume that it is a little too late now though. I can think of 7 or so kids from our defense alone that should have tried out. It's a shame that the word does not get passed on around the state. I think maybe the coaches loose interest after they loose and they don't think to check on things like this.
If you still need game film, I can arrange for that. I have game film of almost all of our games. The sad part is the only game that I don't have is when we played Graves County. The reason that one bothers me so much is that my own son had a great game that time. Imagine this, he had several qb sacks, ran a blocked punt back for a td, had a fumble that he was about to score on and the refs blew the whistle inadvertantly, they didn't see him strip the back and take off and he hit the qb while he was trying to throw, looked like a fumble but they called incomplete. All of this in the game that I could not film. That is a rivalry game as well in middle school.
Before film was sent in. I believe the tryout thing came about because looking at film was deceptive in that you couldnt see who they were competing against or if it was just a bad match up. When you have a tryout everybody is there. It is what it is line them up and go at it. There will still be things that are not perfect but it about but hopefully it works. I know anybody connected to list sevr has know about the ky team and east west allstars for a longggg time. If i had a kid that was the best on his team and deserved a shot i would ask your coach for a contact number or ask someone to private message me on here so as i could get this kids information to who ever asap.
DA VILLE Wrote:1. S. Pulaski
2. N. Pulaski
3. Farnsley
4. Bowling green
5. Westport
if u wonder why north is 2 and didn't make semis its easy if they hadn't played south so early nobody else would have beat them maybe farnsley in a rematch maybe so top 5 d1 8th grade.
Would love to hear what Southern's coaches, players, and fans would have to say about who the top 5 in d1 is!!! Clearly Westport and Bowling Green aren't anywhere near as good as teams in eastern part of state!!! No Comparison!!!!
I could be way wrong here but can't you just sign up at kymsfa's web site and then try out? I think that only 1 of the 5 seventh graders invited from Union tried out. Maybe theres still room on the team.
love fb Wrote:The word isnt out. Our coaches have never mentioned anything about this to our kids. I would appreciate any info on how and where to get into these tryouts.

mysonis55 Wrote:Well, I know we were not made aware of any tryouts here. I didn't have any idea that was how they did this. I thought they would converse with opposing coaches to get an idea and then envite the ones mentioned. We have a hard nosed tough bunch of defensive minded kids that I wish knew about this. I assume that it is a little too late now though. I can think of 7 or so kids from our defense alone that should have tried out. It's a shame that the word does not get passed on around the state. I think maybe the coaches loose interest after they loose and they don't think to check on things like this.

It is the coaches who nominate the kid's, and when they are nominated the parent recieves a email with the conformation number plus the kids coaches as well, least what was told to em by my son coach...Because you recieve release papers to fill out for the tryout's, which they had to fill otu at the practice as well.....The 6th grade coach I talked to said they where short for that team and hoep there where others....And like you and love fb, there where some parents he talked to before tryouts that there coaches had not even nominated there kids for the tryouts from a local school here, said they are really upset....But as far as another tryout they did not mention because the kids from tournements were also choosed from and been set to the roster already..Maybe this helps, it was also said that some kids not there were in running to just by games they palyed and where watched by teh officials...was told to all the parents there yesterday.Maybe some other parents can also relate what was said during the tryouts by teh officials of the KYMSFA.
^
that word always messy's me up, guess must eb disleied. Dang my spelling really does blow big time.....lol
So basically no matter how good your child is. If their coach doesn't get off his lazy a** or just don't give a d**n to nominate your child. Then there is not much to be done. Can you not go to another coach in your area and have them nominate your child?
We went to the tryouts but we didnt get to try out where our boys was playing later in the day. If you can make a high light video you can send it in to the KYMSFA. I know the Belfry boys didnt find out till late. I guess it was kept secret from us for years now by our old coach. But our new coach helped as soon as he found out. Our kids was told to show their stuff during the playoffs and they wouldnt need game film. Not sure if its to late to get on the team but at least you could maybe get involved with the east west game played on thanksgiving break.
snapcat91 Wrote:Would love to hear what Southern's coaches, players, and fans would have to say about who the top 5 in d1 is!!! Clearly Westport and Bowling Green aren't anywhere near as good as teams in eastern part of state!!! No Comparison!!!!

Westport has only been playing contact football for 3 years and we are not able to holdback players like the rest of the state.

We are also only allowed to practice during certain times, ie spring ball (10 practices) 7 on 7 (no contact, middle of summer), and then contact (after mid-july)

You cant knock a team that made it to the state semis. Each team EARNED the right to get there.

Congrats to S. Pulaski for winning the d1 title, hope to have them on schedule again next year.
TayDay80 Wrote:So basically no matter how good your child is. If their coach doesn't get off his lazy a** or just don't give a d**n to nominate your child. Then there is not much to be done. Can you not go to another coach in your area and have them nominate your child?
Get off his lazy a** and give a d**n?????
Your coach probably worked his tail off for these kids 7 days a week all summer and fall. It's not as easy as you might think. Why don't you volunteer your time to coach the team. maybe his players weren't that good.
To clarify for the KMSFAs part -

This is what is open -

6th Grade - 35 spots for Team Kentucky

7th Grade - 35 spots for Team Kentucky
40 spots for East team
40 spots for West team

8th Grade - 35 spots for Team Kentucky
50 spots for East team
50 spots for West team

Player must play for a KMSFA member school

Player must be nominated by head coach (they get 5 nominations per grade). Player must be in good academic standing with no behavioral issues as well.

Video must be submitted (YouTube, HUDL, etc). It does not have to be a professional production. 5 to 8 clips of a players best plays versus good competition is preferable.

Lastly, there is a middle school coaches listserv that is available to ALL middle school coaches (regardless of membership within the KMSFA, although I am the moderator). I have personally posted MULTIPLE messages on there on how players are to be submitted for consideration.

Please please please use the system in place. If you believe you have a player that is worthy of submission, use the proper channels and have your coach submit that player correctly. They will instruct you on how they need film submitted.

These selections will be made within the next week. Please address this immediately.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

JTB
raiderjack Wrote:Get off his lazy a** and give a d**n?????
Your coach probably worked his tail off for these kids 7 days a week all summer and fall. It's not as easy as you might think. Why don't you volunteer your time to coach the team. maybe his players weren't that good.

Before you comment on something you know nothing about you might want to ask questions. Every coach is not as dedicated as others. And where I'm from they are not. Summer workouts the only summer workouts are kids get is with me. And I'm pretty sure I have spent more time with them kids then their coaches. 7 days a week please they do good to get one good practice a week. And since your taking up for these coaches that you no nothing about. If you were a coach and you had a month before your first playoff game would you allow your kids to have the first two weeks off? I don't think so, once again you need to know the situation before YOU speak on it. And can ask any parent about the time I volunteer with are kids. Once again don't speak on something you don't know ask questions first.
Coach_Lockwood Wrote:Westport has only been playing contact football for 3 years and we are not able to holdback players like the rest of the state.

We are also only allowed to practice during certain times, ie spring ball (10 practices) 7 on 7 (no contact, middle of summer), and then contact (after mid-july)

You cant knock a team that made it to the state semis. Each team EARNED the right to get there.

Congrats to S. Pulaski for winning the d1 title, hope to have them on schedule again next year.

Sounds like an excuse to me. Grab a backbone and a good lawyer and take it to the superintendent of your school system. It's a simple fix if you don't back down. If you like other people telling you how to raise your children, that's fine, sit there and take it. I'll raise my future kids in a place where the options to give them a better opportunity to succeed in life are endless. I'm not saying it because I enjoy having an advantage at middle school sports. I wish the entire state supported the hold back issue. I'm just a little tired of these Louisville schools using that as a crutch. Especially since you can pretty much choose where your child attends high school in the city. That takes the advantage away from us and gives it to you. Our middle school student athletes here have only one high school as an option.
Parents cant CHOOSE where to send there kids. ALL students have to apply to schools and be accepted. and they don't accept based on athletics. I know some students who are awesome athletes but cant handle being in certain schools, so they will end up at a home school.

I wasn't talking about the holdback as something crippling the city of Louisville, I was just stating a fact that our students have to be on grade level for their age.

The city makes sure that the STUDENT still comes first in STUDENT-ATHLETE. If you want to hold your kid back thats your choice, i have no complaints against it and some students need it, especially if its for academic issues.
Wildcat18 Wrote:Sounds like an excuse to me. Grab a backbone and a good lawyer and take it to the superintendent of your school system. It's a simple fix if you don't back down. If you like other people telling you how to raise your children, that's fine, sit there and take it. I'll raise my future kids in a place where the options to give them a better opportunity to succeed in life are endless. I'm not saying it because I enjoy having an advantage at middle school sports. I wish the entire state supported the hold back issue. I'm just a little tired of these Louisville schools using that as a crutch. Especially since you can pretty much choose where your child attends high school in the city. That takes the advantage away from us and gives it to you. Our middle school student athletes here have only one high school as an option.

cat you are making it sound awful simple, but you need to understand the difference between your board of education and ours.. your board is filled with good ole boys who care about football and ours is filled with doctors lawyers and professors who do not care if little timmy gets to play ball or not.. they only care about the student or the money his being in school brings in.. i'm not knocking your system as i have told you before i like yours better as far as an advantage just let the jefferson county schools pool all our talent into just two teams in middle school and just one in high school and i believe we would have a very different ballgame.. the 25-30 high school teams here play in all divisions as far as 1a -6a goes.. our talent gets spread around where you have it all in one pile... your kids get to stay together from grade school thru high school they truly become like brothers... all of the rules in your area are more relaxed.. we had a player who had to sit out a whole week, no practice for the week and missed a game for the crime of not having a belt on one day.. i hope you don't think i'm knocking you just trying to show you the difficulities we must deal with.. you keep saying threaten the school board with a lawsuit.. it isn't that simple.. i'm from a small town originally and i'm sure that you could walk into the board of education in pulaski and talk directly to someone.. i would guess there is probally 10-15 people working in the building. here you would need to schedule an appointment and there are probally 250-300 people working in that red tape filled building... it is much easier to change things where you are.. most people there probally call the superentendant by name when they see him/her.. it is just different here and i'm not saying our way is better its just different ..your super probally knows your ball coach has coffee at that little cafe down the road on saturday morning.. i remember those days.. ours is a doctor who lives up on a hill somewhere smoking a pipe wearing slippers and a sweater
COACHES MAKE SURE YOU SUBMIT YOUR PLAYERS FOR CONSIDERATON TO THE EAST/WEST AND TEAM KY.

END OF THE WEEK IS NEARING SO YOU NEED TO GET YOUR VIDEOS SUBMITTED...IF YOU DRAG YOUR FEET THE SPOTS WILL FILL UP..SO IF YOU HAVE THAT STUD ATHLETE MAKE SURE YOU GET THEM SUBMITTED SO TEH SELECTION PROCESS CAN GET COMPLETED AND THE TEAMS PICKED.

The players need time to practice and get ready for their games, if it takes to long to get players submitted then the team wont have alot of practice time!!!
Actually, they need to get them so that the selection can be made and their player can be considered. This does not effect practice time as for it all occurs around the East West weekend. All of those players will check in on that Friday and practices will happen during that whole event
Pages: 1 2 3