Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fleming County 37 Bath County 36
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would love to hear how this one ended.
Good comeback by Bath after being down big early in the game.

Lots of exciting endings in 3A tonight.
Congratulations, Fleming County!
Bath co went ahead with about 3 min left then Mcadams led fleming down the field to a touchdown and they went for 2 and won.

Fleming co was ahead 29 to 8 at the end of the first half.
Bath co and the referees came out with a vengence in the second half
Fleming co was called for 18 penalties for 197 yds
stoner 1961 Wrote:Bath co went ahead with about 3 min left then Mcadams led fleming down the field to a touchdown and they went for 2 and won.

Fleming co was ahead 29 to 8 at the end of the first half.
Bath co and the referees came out with a vengence in the second half
Fleming co was called for 18 penalties for 197 yds

6 of Fleming Co's penalties were personal fouls. About 1/3 of the penalties for Fleming Co on the year are personal fouls. Your best player gets ejected for fighting and sits 2 games. Like the person who has been married 5 times; at some point you realize it's not everybody else...it's you.

Fleming Co made the plays when it counted in the last minute and scored with 16 seconds left.
And yes Bath Co came out with a vengence in the second half and took the lead but do not tarnish this game for either team by whining about the officials. There were calls both ways.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:6 of Fleming Co's penalties were personal fouls. About 1/3 of the penalties for Fleming Co on the year are personal fouls. Your best player gets ejected for fighting and sits 2 games. Like the person who has been married 5 times; at some point you realize it's not everybody else...it's you.

Fleming Co made the plays when it counted in the last minute and scored with 16 seconds left.
And yes Bath Co came out with a vengence in the second half and took the lead but do not tarnish this game for either team by whining about the officials. There were calls both ways.

You know what I gave my opinion of the game. I said Bath co came out with a vengence simply put they played great the second half. But I also feel in my opinion that the officials injected theirselfs into the game to much again my opinion. Also in my opinion you are the only one trying to tarnish a team.
The player that got ejected for fighting there is film evidence that it didnt happen. The other 2 officials tryed to overturn it at that time cause they said it didnt happen. The official that called it and wouldn't overturn I think got suspended because of it not positive of that but am positive it didnt happen and positive the other 2 tryed to overturn it
stoner 1961 Wrote:You know what I gave my opinion of the game. I said Bath co came out with a vengence simply put they played great the second half. But I also feel in my opinion that the officials injected theirselfs into the game to much again my opinion. Also in my opinion you are the only one trying to tarnish a team.
The player that got ejected for fighting there is film evidence that it didnt happen. The other 2 officials tryed to overturn it at that time cause they said it didnt happen. The official that called it and wouldn't overturn I think got suspended because of it not positive of that but am positive it didnt happen and positive the other 2 tryed to overturn it

Actually, the official that called it tried to overturn it, but by rule you can not. He was suspended by the KHSAA for telling Fleming County that he would overturn it when he didn't have the authority to do so.

Anyways, on this game. It was a tell of 2 half's. Fleming dominated the first and Bath dominated the second (arguably with some help). In the end Fleming did enough to win and that is what matters.
As far as personal fouls, I only remember a couple of face masks calls. The rest were all pass interference. I do remember one unsportsmanlike call that was off setting because it was on both teams. But, I might be mistaken.
Congrats to the Panthers on moving on. Also, congrats to Bath County on a nice season. I hate to see anybody lose a tight one like tonight!
It's all about matchups... Fleming seemed to have the cats number
stoner 1961 Wrote:You know what I gave my opinion of the game. I said Bath co came out with a vengence simply put they played great the second half. But I also feel in my opinion that the officials injected theirselfs into the game to much again my opinion. Also in my opinion you are the only one trying to tarnish a team.

Great game for a Friday night. Both teams played hard. Two of the unsportsmanlike calls were for mouthing to the referee by FC. Don't know about the video evidence on FC QB punching someone in the game where he got ejected but there was video evidence in the first game with these two teams where FC QB punches BC # 20 with the referee standing five feet away. This was at FC and sent to the KHSAA. He is a great player just may need to channel his emotions.