Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 22 Morgan County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bulldogs advance to face Belfry again.
LC apparently stopped Morgan on a goal line stand at the 1 to preserve victory.
WOW! I was not expected this at all! Way to go DAWGS!!!
Great job bulldogs!
great job dawgs!!
Very happy to see this one end with a L.C. win.
Just as I thought, LC wins in a close game. Congrats Lawrence!
I really thought Morgan would win this one, I was wrong. Congrats t o the Dawgs.
Almost an exact replica of last years ballgame... The Bulldogs won 21-14, this year 22-14. In comparing schedules, LC just appears to have played a much tougher schedule. Way to go Bulldogs...Good Luck next year Cougars
Great game bulldogs
A goaline stand for a two point conversion or score?

If it was for a score why didnt they kick it to win?
it was 22-14 a kick couldn't win it
Lawrence county had 265 total offense and Morgan co had 261. Was just had fun game to watch and be a part of. I think blake prince had some where around 180 yards total offense for Lawrence Co with a rushing td and rec td. Good job lc
11/2/2012
Lawrence Co. 22 Morgan Co. 14
Lawrence Co. 6 8 8 0 22
Morgan Co. 8 6 0 0 14
Scoring summary:
Class 3A
M--Kody Thornsberry 5 run (Walker Crase run); L--Blake Prince 70 run (run failed); M--Thornsberry 26 run (run failed); L--Prince 24 pass from A.J. Cyrus (Rickie Goble run); L--Cyrus 5 run (Goble run).
Records: Lawrence Co. 5-6, Morgan Co. 8-3.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/16/23013...rylink=cpy
Great to see LC get the win.
The goal line stance was from the 1/2 inch line with about 2 minutes to go. The score was 22/14 LC. I believe big Mike Johnson stuffed the play for LC.
Congrats Bulldogs!
I really am a fan of both teams. So congrats LC. But I really wanted the community of west liberty to get a playoff win. But that's ok those boys were extremely successful for what they accomplished this year. I loved following them and keeping up with the cougars.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:The goal line stance was from the 1/2 inch line with about 2 minutes to go. The score was 22/14 LC. I believe big Mike Johnson stuffed the play for LC.

The Lawrence defense eagled down. ALL the Morgan coaches jumping up and down screaming for a time out to change the play call. The sideline ref absolutely WOULD NOT acknowlege them. It was a great game, Morgan was driving for the score with less then 2 minutes to go, Lawrence made the goaline stand. Morgan's D shut down Lawrence's option completely in the 4th and Morgan had a chance in the 4th as they drove down inside the 10 on the other end and fumbled the football, Lawrence recovered. Even with alot of starters out already, to add to it, a starting Morgan county linebacker had to unexpectedly move out of state the day of the game, Friday. He was one of the best players Morgan had. During the game one of Morgan's starting defensive ends was ejected for a fight, almost got very ugly, both team's coaches did a great job getting it under control. Absolutely not making excuses BUT Morgan played this game WITHOUT Holbrook(starting wing), Crouch(starting tackle), Mcguire(starting tackle), Havens(starting corner), Nick Adams(starting linebacker) and Banks(starting end) who got ejected. No excuses though, Lawrence made the stop on the goaline to seal it. I just cannot get as to why the sideline ref WOULD NOT give Morgan the time out on that play???? All the morgan coaches were screaming TIME OUT, even the fans were standing right above the ref. He WOULD NOT even look. WOW.....
Lawrence County's Jordan Wellman finished the game with 35 tackles., Yes that's right 35 and 14 of them were solo. And a forced fumble. Wow those numbers are crazy most kids don't get that in on season. And it was a great game.
Batpuff Wrote:Lawrence County's Jordan Wellman finished the game with 35 tackles., Yes that's right 35 and 14 of them were solo. And a forced fumble. Wow those numbers are crazy most kids don't get that in on season. And it was a great game.

Was he #40?
It was a GREAT game! Tied at the half, both teams played with everything they had. No quit in either team. Very proud of our seniors! Whitt, Larrin, Walker, TC and Eli. This program was 0-19 when you boys came in as freshmen. You guys turned it around, from 0-19 to back to back 8-3 home playoff teams. Sometimes you have to look at where you started, then look at where you are now. Kody played his heart out all year and had to carry the load after Joe went down. Best of luck to Lawrence county, they have alot of talent. To all you that think Lawrence co.'s head coach and staff don't do a good job, you are wrong. Those guys do a good job over there at Lawrence co..
Yes he was number 40. And I am so proud of your community to come together as you guys did.
Congratulations on this win Lawrence County!

and Congratulations on all your wins Morgan County! You'll always be winners!
Wow. 35 tackles in a game? That's unheard of lol
I have to completely agree with F.N.L..... the sideline judge absolutely would not even acknowledge Morgans coaches!!! ( I think he may possibly need a hearing aid and glasses... there was no way he could not see or hear them... obvious that he chose to ignore them!) No excuses here... Lawrence played a great game... (with the exception of the fight that broke out early) but the coaches on both sides did a great job controlling the situation. Morgan has come a long way from being a team that never won, to being a back to back playoff team!! These coaches and players should be commended on the way they have stuck together and believed in each other to turn this team around... these seniors are true examples of never giving up on their dreams.. and the emotions showed Friday night as I watched Whitt and Collins stand and look over Herdman field after the game and take in all of those memories..everyone is so very proud of them.. they will truly be missed.. And the community has never given up on them... they have been thru alot in the last year and they have shown what hard work, commitment and determination can do. Way to go Cougars!!!