Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley 19 - Jenkins 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shelby Valley is trying to improve their record before the end of the regular season. They are now up to 7 wins.......Tobe Wright pitched for Valley and only gave up one hit until the fourth inning then Tanner Tackett closed....if anyone has anymore stats please reply.
I know Shelby Valley is down this season, but what's the point of throwing Jenkins on the schedule this late in the season before district play? That's not going to prepare them for the tournament at all. Plus I don't understand why a team that's been beat around all season would take it out on Jenkins like that. What goes around comes around guys.
Jv for Valley played most of the game Stu.
This really is probably the truth Stu from what I have heard! Jenkins has like 2 high school kids on the team. There ace still pitches in Little League! A VERY YOUNG TEAM!
Disco Stu Wrote:Plus I don't understand why a team that's been beat around all season would take it out on Jenkins like that. What goes around comes around guys.

Sounds like somebody passed judgement without knowing all the facts. Confusedhh:
Jenkins is just really down this season. Probably the most down they've ever been. To my understanding they pitch a couple 7th graders and 8th graders. Probably one of, if not the youngest team in the state of Kentucky. If SV didn't send runners at will, and try to steal bases while up big then I dont see a problem with it. If they did however, then the situation would have to be re-evaluated. But Coach Scott Anderson at Jenkins knows more about baseball than most other coaches in the area, and if he can keep this young group together and work with them he will have a good team in 2-3 years. And you can mark that down. And if Toby Wright and Tanner Tackett pitched, then it sounds like SV didn't throw any of their best pitchers.
Disco Stu Wrote:I know Shelby Valley is down this season, but what's the point of throwing Jenkins on the schedule this late in the season before district play? That's not going to prepare them for the tournament at all. Plus I don't understand why a team that's been beat around all season would take it out on Jenkins like that. What goes around comes around guys.

Are you joking me? They didn't just throw Jenkins on the schedule, in fact the schedules are made out before the season even starts not a day before a game. What is SV supposed to do just lose that game because they are having a down season? You try telling a team since they've already lost the season to go ahead and lose the rest of their games, shows that maybe you didn't play baseball in high school!
Strike-Out Wrote:Are you joking me? They didn't just throw Jenkins on the schedule, in fact the schedules are made out before the season even starts not a day before a game. What is SV supposed to do just lose that game because they are having a down season? You try telling a team since they've already lost the season to go ahead and lose the rest of their games, shows that maybe you didn't play baseball in high school!

Jenkins wasn't on the schedule on the KHSAA a couple of weeks ago and all of the sudden they appear for 2 games in the final 2 weeks!?

And I did play in high school baseball, and probably got to play a lot more than you did. :rockon:
Another tough loss for Jenkins
Disco Stu Wrote:Jenkins wasn't on the schedule on the KHSAA a couple of weeks ago and all of the sudden they appear for 2 games in the final 2 weeks!?

And I did play in high school baseball, and probably got to play a lot more than you did. :rockon:

These games were on the schedule from last year. At the beginning of baseball season Jenkins canceled these games and then about a month ago decided they needed games and rescheduled them.
QUOTE=Disco Stu]I know Shelby Valley is down this season, but what's the point of throwing Jenkins on the schedule this late in the season before district play? That's not going to prepare them for the tournament at all. Plus I don't understand why a team that's been beat around all season would take it out on Jenkins like that. What goes around comes around guys.[/QUOTE]

Agreed.....This late in the season, it's crunch time and this is when you have to
play tough teams to try to be playing your best ball. This is when it counts, you and go 23-1 on the season, but your 0-0 when district and region comes around.[
Oh well, this is the way it goes sometimes..all part of building a tradition...
Disco Stu Wrote:Jenkins wasn't on the schedule on the KHSAA a couple of weeks ago and all of the sudden they appear for 2 games in the final 2 weeks!?

Yea They did re-scheduled! But JV played more than Varsity in this one

You still didn't answer my question on why SV should quit the season and not try and score 19 runs against Jenkins!
[[/QUOTE]Agreed.....This late in the season, it's crunch time and this is when you have to
play tough teams to try to be playing your best ball. This is when it counts, you and go 23-1 on the season, but your 0-0 when district and region comes around.[[/QUOTE]

True but still a win is a win and every win builds confidence even if it's against Jenkins. It helps the younger pitchers build confidence when they get a win so I think even though it may have been a win against Jenkins anything is better than a loss and I'd take it every time!

It's called rescheduling a game and it happens a lot in eastern ky due to rain and flooding in the spring. I am almost 100% sure that SV did not schedule Jenkins for an automatic win but if you'd like I could let you know definite by tomorrow.

And on another note I seriously doubt you did!
Confidence is good and all, but it's not going to help going into post-season play playing Jenkins. It will hurt bad. I've seen too many teams do it. It's not going to build confidence because the players know that it's just Jenkins. And Strike-Out, I just asked somebody that begged to differ about your last statement in your last post. If you ever want to know anything about baseball you can PM me and I'll give you a lesson or two.
Stay on topic here, the both of you. You want to get personal take it to the PM's.
Thats right Alfus..get em boy, lol..Aren't you from the Valley Alfus?
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Thats right Alfus..get em boy, lol..Aren't you from the Valley Alfus?

Yes
I have to agree with Strike-Out on this one, it does build confedience, not only to the older players but to the young one's playing on a team.Shelby Valley needed some wins and its not there fault that Jenkins anent doing to good this year, they wasn't going to forfeit the game cause Jenkins can't play high school boy.
The only way that SV could have shown no class in this game was if they stole bases when they were already up big. But if that isn't the case then SV done everything in a game that they are supposed too. You can't tell your players, no matter how much you are up, to go up to the plate and not swing the bat, or just stand there, now to me that is showing no class on the field, but I will say that I don't know any stats of the game because I did not attend, so if they did steal bases then correct me if I am wrong!
Strike-Out Wrote:The only way that SV could have shown no class in this game was if they stole bases when they were already up big. But if that isn't the case then SV done everything in a game that they are supposed too. You can't tell your players, no matter how much you are up, to go up to the plate and not swing the bat, or just stand there, now to me that is showing no class on the field, but I will say that I don't know any stats of the game because I did not attend, so if they did steal bases then correct me if I am wrong!

Tell them lol
Valley plays Jenkins again on Thursday we will see who starts