Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Mavericks 99 - Lakers 91
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from LA
Lakers didn't look that great in the opener.
Even when they were leading in the first half - the defense was sloppy and there were some obvious weak links in the chain....
I hate to say this....
but Metta WorldPeace needs to get his crap together.
I love the effort and hustle - but he isn't playing within the confines of that offense - he looks like he's just doing his own thing out there. I knew DH was bad at FTs - but 3/14 - gimme a break. I also think Chris Duhon needs some PT. When your #1 and #2 PGs are Steve Nash and Steve Blake - you need someone in there that can defend the opposing team's PG for a few minutes lol

The bench needs to step up - they played well in the first quarter but then they disappeared.

Kobe wasn't the Kobe we're used to seeing out there tonight. I'm thinking it was the foot injury. He shot the ball very well (11-14) but he didn't have a single FT attempt. He just wasn't attacking the basket like he normally does. Pau played great all-around but didn't have a great shooting night. Nash distributed the ball well
^ Ron is a cancer. It's a shame with the talent he once had, but this guy will be a bigger distraction than the Lakers will need. He has fallen down the ladder of importance on this team, thus his role is diminished, which equates to his effort level diminishing. It's a shame, but the Lakers would be better off cutting ties.
Stardust Wrote:^ Ron is a cancer. It's a shame with the talent he once had, but this guy will be a bigger distraction than the Lakers will need. He has fallen down the ladder of importance on this team, thus his role is diminished, which equates to his effort level diminishing. It's a shame, but the Lakers would be better off cutting ties.

I've been a supporter of his for as long as I can remember...
but it honestly look like he gets the ball and does whatever it takes to get a shot up, good or bad. If I remember correctly he was 1-9 on the night.

Mark it down - Jamison will take his spot. I think Jamison, Pau and Howard on the floor at the same time is better for this team on both sides of the ball.
Steve Nash looked very old. He may not be the starter by season end.
I saw several things I like and dislike. Offense I personally liked, moved the ball very well early, but they got to be able to do so through 4 quarters of play. Big man Howard and Gasol looked great in the offense, in my book anyway. Artest stuck out like a sore thumb, gotta shipe him out like OKC did with harden, I think a team can still get something valuable for him through trade.

I know Howard shot horrible from free throw but it is a good sign for Laker fans. He and a coach of his have altered the way he shoots his free throws. Any basketball player knows that if you switch the way you shoot it takes time to get better at it, REPETITION! He probably won't become a good free throw shooter but he may become better than what he has been throughout his career.

I have heard people say they got to play fast and push, that is true but last season the offense sucked. Mostly one on one play, ball never moving. Last night everybody across the board had good assists plays and that is good moving forward.

Bench provided good minutes early but they got to be able to produce in 4 quarters.

Only first game, Rome wasn't built in a day, Lakers got to build it in one season. Long season, GO LAKERS!!!!!
Lakers suck.

So much for going undefeated Confusednicker:
ekff Wrote:Steve Nash looked very old. He may not be the starter by season end.

Please.
WALL2WALL Wrote:I saw several things I like and dislike. Offense I personally liked, moved the ball very well early, but they got to be able to do so through 4 quarters of play. Big man Howard and Gasol looked great in the offense, in my book anyway. Artest stuck out like a sore thumb, gotta shipe him out like OKC did with harden, I think a team can still get something valuable for him through trade.

I know Howard shot horrible from free throw but it is a good sign for Laker fans. He and a coach of his have altered the way he shoots his free throws. Any basketball player knows that if you switch the way you shoot it takes time to get better at it, REPETITION! He probably won't become a good free throw shooter but he may become better than what he has been throughout his career.

I have heard people say they got to play fast and push, that is true but last season the offense sucked. Mostly one on one play, ball never moving. Last night everybody across the board had good assists plays and that is good moving forward.

Bench provided good minutes early but they got to be able to produce in 4 quarters.

Only first game, Rome wasn't built in a day, Lakers got to build it in one season. Long season, GO LAKERS!!!!!

Howard has shot horrible since he came from the womb! That will never change!
Ahh, just game 1..
Heat lost game 1 against Boston and made it to the finals.
Lakers will get it together.
Cmon Howard, hit the free throws buhhh.
^ I agree. Givem time.
Aslan Wrote:Please.

Nash looked worse in Game 2...
Stardust Wrote:Howard has shot horrible since he came from the womb! That will never change!

He was 15-19 last night...
not saying that is going to be the new norm.

But he went to the line and got it done.
ekff Wrote:Nash looked worse in Game 2...

He got hurt in this one and the trainers pulled him in the 3rd quarter.

Sorry his 16 minutes of basketball weren't up to your standards.
zaga_fan Wrote:He got hurt in this one and the trainers pulled him in the 3rd quarter.

Sorry his 16 minutes of basketball weren't up to your standards.

Superstar standards...... All the pics of Nash, Howard, and Kobe in the off-season and all the Laker fans talking up the new big 3..... YES high standards...

The only reason I'm making a big deal of the slow start for Nash is because Nash is OLD and looks OLD and he ain't going to get younger as the season goes... Game #2 and already banged up.

I do know Kobe and Lakers will catch on and be a top 2 or 3 team in the West but I said this Nash pick up wasn't good for there team and so many people said I was wrong.
Thought it was pretty obvious Nash is no longer a superstar.
Zaga and Aslan

Don't get me wrong I know the Lakers are a great team and are going to be there in the end but I questioned the Nash move from the start and so many of my friends called me stupid so I'm going to be riding Nash all year because I believe Sessions > Nash (right now)
ekff Wrote:Zaga and Aslan

Don't get me wrong I know the Lakers are a great team and are going to be there in the end but I questioned the Nash move from the start and so many of my friends called me stupid so I'm going to be riding Nash all year because I believe Sessions > Nash (right now)

I thought Sessions did great last year and I was excited to see the Lakers invest in their PG spot after being so loyal to Fisher for a long time....
but if he was still on the team he would be backing up Steve Nash simply because the name on the back of the jersey alone would grant Nash a starting job in front of Sessions.

I can promise you that 4 assists is not going to be the norm for Steve Nash in LA. If they can keep him healthy he will be fine - but the top two PGs are a liability on defense and this point and they may need to look into getting someone else at the trade deadline. They obviously can't play Chris Duhon - because according to Ballers he is one of the worst players all-time.
zaga_fan Wrote:He was 15-19 last night...
not saying that is going to be the new norm.

But he went to the line and got it done.

What do they say about blind squirrels and nuts????:biggrin:

[Image: Blind%2BFree%2BThrow.jpg]