Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: BSCTC Professors, Please Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to know how the following teachers are.

Can I miss there class?
Are they hard?
Are they sane?

Just any information that you can provide from experience would be appreciated.

Loftus - Psy.
Sammons- Math
Ken Slone- English

Thanks!
I dont know because I go to UK but this site might help...http://ratemyprofessors.com/SelectTeacher.jsp?sid=2704
LOFTUS=EASY A
SLONE= I heard it was easy
SAMMONS=GREAT TEACHER doesnt have attendance policy, just talk to him and he will pass ya

SOUNDS LIKE 4.0 boundSmile
I just finished 101 and 102 under slone. It was alright. You just read alot and take group quizes over so many chapters at a time. Then you write papers over them. We read 4 books. 1 the first semester an 3 the second semester. We wrote papers over 3 of them. Also he teaches you about local authors and you have to do like a one page journal over them and their life.

But I thought he was leaving BCTCS. He said he was going to Morehead to teach Appalachain Studdies?
Loftus you'll love.... Sammons they say is a good teacher but idk i haven't had him... and Slone they say is very boring...I had his wife as a teacher and she's not all that great but idk about him.
My book was locked up one day, and I couldn't get to it, and he tried to kick me out of his class.
thetribe Wrote:I need to know how the following teachers are.

Can I miss there class?
Are they hard?
Are they sane?

Just any information that you can provide from experience would be appreciated.

Loftus - Psy.
Sammons- Math
Ken Slone- English

Thanks!

Loftus is a weird, but cool guy. You'll enjoy his class. No info on Slone. As far as Sammons goes, I took him for MT120 and didn't like they way he taught the class. He is one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet, but I personally didn't like the way he instructed the class. During the semester, our grades consisted of 3 tests and nothing else.....(no homework, no bonus, no nothing...) He's quick on covering material and really doesn't take the time to help you out. Just my .02.....
Loftus- I missed a lot and still got an A
Sammons- I love him... he doesn't have an attendance policy and there is no homework
Slone- Very easy class... just have to write some papers but he doesn't grade them hard at all
Appreciate it guys. From what Jessica said I had really good teachers and it wouldn't be too hard. I worry about the Math somewhat but I will give it my all.

Besides the 3 classes I listed I also have CJ101 and 217 online.
Take Mike Dixon for Criminal Justice classes