Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ryle cancels series with Highlands
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Heard today that Ryle unexpectedly ended their series with Highlands. Do not know if a reason was given. It was interesting in Fridays game with 24 seconds to go in the game that HHS coaching staff who usually will kneel the ball down, decided to run a play and scored a TD when the game had long been over. Wonder if that was a message to Ryle coaching staff or just letting the underclassmen get some playing time. Curious Ryle's reason for the sudden change of heart in playing HHS? This does open the last week of the year in HHS schedule.
If a game is way out of reach most teams put in their JV and let them play the rest of the game out, even with a minute or less to go JV will run plays to get the varsity experience but if a team leaves their starting varsity in a game that's well over with and it's the winning team and they score another TD then yes that's running up the score. I would say he's just letting his JV players getting varsity experience for the upcoming years.
i think wideleft had something to do with this
Good time to get bowling green on the schedule.
Was a 44 yard run by the JV so I am not certain that there was any sort of message intended by HHS coaching staff. Not like the first string was still in and it was first and goal on the 5.

Who knows about BG but supposedly Highlands schedule next year includes John Hardin and Paducah Tilghman away. That is a lot of traveling already. Will BG come up to Ft Thomas?
Frozenbird Wrote:Was a 44 yard run by the JV so I am not certain that there was any sort of message intended by HHS coaching staff. Not like the first string was still in and it was first and goal on the 5.

Who knows about BG but supposedly Highlands schedule next year includes John Hardin and Paducah Tilghman away. That is a lot of traveling already. Will BG come up to Ft Thomas?

I do not think HHS will want to travel west a 3rd time in the season, but I am sure they would welcome BG to Ft Thomas with a return trip to BG next year. Would love to see that happen.
Nobody wants to play a team like Highlands in week 10. There is nothing to gain by it and the possibility of injuries heading into the playoffs will keep most teams from scheduling them.
adopted purple Wrote:Nobody wants to play a team like Highlands in week 10. There is nothing to gain by it and the possibility of injuries heading into the playoffs will keep most teams from scheduling them.

you can prove you are better than them on the field!
Are you sure it was Ryle who pulled out. HHS picked up a series with the Camels, and from what I heard (through the coaches, HHS was ready to change opponents for a local 6A). This might have been a mutual move and not one-sided! So, let's not castigate the Raiders for prompting this move Wink
That aint gonna happen. HHS will find its hard to schedule when they beat everybody. Im sure they have had this problem for years. HHS is the standard for High school football in KY. Even if they do recruit the best of the best!
KHSAA should allow Highlands and Trinity to play up to 7A!!!!
maybe Highlands wanted to open up a spot for Simon Kenton?
As Trinity has shown the more success you have the harder it is to make a schedule. Highlands might have to make week ten their bye week to be able to schedule 10 games.
sstack Wrote:you can prove you are better than them on the field!

That would be nice, but I don't see it happening any time soon. Highlands turned down an invitation to the Raffertys' Bowl at WKU. I think Lexington Catholic stepped up and accepted.
Stardust Wrote:Are you sure it was Ryle who pulled out. HHS picked up a series with the Camels, and from what I heard (through the coaches, HHS was ready to change opponents for a local 6A). This might have been a mutual move and not one-sided! So, let's not castigate the Raiders for prompting this move Wink

I am 100% certain that it was Ryle that backed out. Dale was less than happy about it. It was not mutual.
Is John Hardin on HHS schedule? If not call them up and see if they are available
Strikeout King Wrote:Is John Hardin on HHS schedule? If not call them up and see if they are available

Already on the schedule, HHS will travel to their place next year and JH to our place in 2014.
call up Bowling Green, see if they are willing to travel to Fort Thomas this year and Highlands travel to Bowling Green in 2014. What all teams is Highlands looking at to replace Ryle?
Strikeout King Wrote:call up Bowling Green, see if they are willing to travel to Fort Thomas this year and Highlands travel to Bowling Green in 2014. What all teams is Highlands looking at to replace Ryle?

would love to see BG agree to come here next year and HHS to their place in 2014. Does BG have an opening in week 10 and would they be willing to play week 10? First week of playoffs is a joke for each team so can't use playoff as a reason not to play week 10.
they might. You all would have to call them and ask
As a raider fan I'm sad to see this go. Playing highlands is a great experience for the kids to be the best you have to beat the best and play the best. Ryle has over past few seasons would like to keep it up. As to show were not on the same level as the Neer fans who claim they'd beat highlands when they'd be trampled... Rumor has it Warner backed them out as to why I don't know his jv almost beat them the 1st time they played them this season and the Ryle freshman beat there freshman. Yes there jv crushed Ryle in the last game but still. The rivalry looked bright
Highlands vs. Trinity!!! Give the fans what they really want!
toussaints Wrote:Highlands vs. Trinity!!! Give the fans what they really want!

I'd love to see that too; although I wouldn't want it to be the week after Elder. Elder will have another big, tough, physical team next year. Playing against Trinity is a tough enough challenge; playing against them with a banged up squad makes it an even tougher challenge.

Two platooning helps, but is it enough to avoid a repeat of 2005 when we played Colerain (another very physical team) and then travelled to Lou to play X with a very banged up squad? I don't think so.

If Dale could get the schedule adjusted to move the Elder game up in the year and then finish with Trinity, I'd say go for it.
Harlan County is looking for games...it's really nice down here in the fall too.
sstack Wrote:It was interesting in Fridays game with 24 seconds to go in the game that HHS coaching staff who usually will kneel the ball down, decided to run a play and scored a TD when the game had long been over. Wonder if that was a message to Ryle coaching staff or just letting the underclassmen get some playing time.

Play actually called for a knee, but running back decided to go for the TD. Last TD was an interception run back into the end zone.
charlie22 Wrote:I'd love to see that too; although I wouldn't want it to be the week after Elder. Elder will have another big, tough, physical team next year. Playing against Trinity is a tough enough challenge; playing against them with a banged up squad makes it an even tougher challenge.

Two platooning helps, but is it enough to avoid a repeat of 2005 when we played Colerain (another very physical team) and then travelled to Lou to play X with a very banged up squad? I don't think so.

If Dale could get the schedule adjusted to move the Elder game up in the year and then finish with Trinity, I'd say go for it.

Is Elder on the schedule again next year? I thought that it was a two year contract and this was the second year.

Same goes for Boyle County.

So from reading above, the Highlands schedule has:

John Hardin away
Paducah Tilghman away

plus district games:

Cov Cath away
Holmes home
Harrison Co home
Pendleton Co away

plus

Scott county (2nd of a 2 yr contract) away

So, Highlands would need three more home games.

If Elder is on the schedule for the 3rd year, would it be in Ft Thomas for a second straight year?

Who else would come to Fort Thomas?
Wise one Wrote:Is Elder on the schedule again next year? I thought that it was a two year contract and this was the second year.

Same goes for Boyle County.

So from reading above, the Highlands schedule has:

John Hardin away
Paducah Tilghman away

plus district games:

Cov Cath away
Holmes home
Harrison Co home
Pendleton Co away

plus

Scott county (2nd of a 2 yr contract) away

So, Highlands would need three more home games.

If Elder is on the schedule for the 3rd year, would it be in Ft Thomas for a second straight year?

Who else would come to Fort Thomas?

I heard Pendlton County is going independent and therefore dropping out of the district so another open slot but it has also been posted that Highlands has added Campbell County.
Boyle a
Campbell h
Bryan station h
John hardin a sat
Paducah tighlman a sat
Covcath a
Harrison h
Bye
Holmes h
Elder a
Ryle h

Take out Ryle at the end of the season, and this is pretty much the Birds schedule for next season
Frozenbird Wrote:I heard Pendlton County is going independent and therefore dropping out of the district so another open slot but it has also been posted that Highlands has added Campbell County.
ukfan neer fan look get coach marksberry to call highlands I can just see the almighty ones vs the bulebirds :pondering:
Highlands needs to cal Ohio GMC teams along with Anderson and Centerville.
Pages: 1 2