Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Coach Runyon: Kentucky All Star Coach!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why has Coach Runyon never coached the Ky All stars? This has always bothered me. 7 titles and a State championship!! C'mon!! Has their ever been a 15th region coach get this position for the annual series??
Maybe becuase he coaches baseball and he doesn't have time to coach the All - Star team. I know for a fact he hs been offered to be an assitant before and had to turn it down due to basebal so he might have done the same for the head job.
^ He doesn't coach baseball anymore.
If Runyon couldn't get it during the mid 90's, then no 15th coach will ever get it.
Maybe he enjoys his summer off and declined the position.
good point nike man
I think if you would do a little research on this matter you would find that BMR had a very bad experience back in the late 80's while coaching an all-star game in Ohio when Keith Adkins was a senior. The incident ended the All-star coaching career of BMR and then Greenup Co. coach Randy Ward!!
bball fan Wrote:I think if you would do a little research on this matter you would find that BMR had a very bad experience back in the late 80's while coaching an all-star game in Ohio when Keith Adkins was a senior. The incident ended the All-star coaching career of BMR and then Greenup Co. coach Randy Ward!!
Why don't you share this story with us???
Nike Man Wrote:Why don't you share this story with us???

No thanks!! I wasn't there, and like I said, you need to do your homework and find it out yourself!!!
Don't bring it up unless you want to talk about it....Agree???
Nike Man Wrote:Don't bring it up unless you want to talk about it....Agree???
I wasn't the one that brought it up, the person who started the thread brought it up!! I just answered the question as to why he never was invited to coach all-star games. I gave you the reason....I just am not giving you the details!!!! Agree?????????????
You didn't answer squat....Just took a jab at Coach Runyon.....Do me a favor and burn your computer..lol Agree???
Nike Man Wrote:You didn't answer squat....Just took a jab at Coach Runyon.....Do me a favor and burn your computer..lol Agree???

That's what I think, too.
2000PHS Wrote:If Runyon couldn't get it during the mid 90's, then no 15th coach will ever get it.

I agree.:thumpsup:
Nike Man Wrote:You didn't answer squat....Just took a jab at Coach Runyon.....Do me a favor and burn your computer..lol Agree???
I didn't take a jab!! Coach Runyon might be one of the greastest coaches in the history of mountain basketball history!! But why I am I getting bashed on here for mentioning the fact that Coach Runyon doesn't coach all star games because of an incident back in the 80's. I just answered the thread's question without digging up old stuff on BMR. Come on he is one of the best coaches in KY, does anyone else have another reason as to why he hasn't been asked to coach all star teams. He won a state title!!!!!! So, let's hear it, what is the reason???
I am only 12 years old and just got this computer for my birthday, is it ok if I don't burn it yet???? I just am letting you in on some info that my dad told me!!
bball fan Wrote:I am only 12 years old and just got this computer for my birthday, is it ok if I don't burn it yet???? I just am letting you in on some info that my dad told me!!

Awful lot of post, good choice of vocabulary and an awful lot of knowledge about the 80's to be only 12 years old???? LOL!
No need to try and run and hide. You are the one that brought it up. So tell us about it since you were there. OOOPPS forgot you're 12. It happened at least 5 years before you were born! LOL!!:lmao:
con. to Coach Runyon