Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: The chances that trinity or highlands will lose
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I say that there is no chance.... Running clock for trinity an maybe highlands but both win state again
Trinity is a lock, but Highlands will not put a running clock Lexington Catholic or Covington Catholic. Highlands will probably win, but it won't be as easy as Trinity's road to the title.
Slim to none.
This year? slim to none.
Ever? chances are slightly better.
To an in state opponent? Slightly less than ever.
LOL
Trinity and Highlands cake walk state champ :relaxing:
Trinity will not lose in the playoffs. They are the best team in the state by a long shot. I think Highlands will win the state championship in 4A but it certainly will not be a cake walk. They will get smacked around a little bit but ultimately they take home the title.
Trinity is the best team in the state, but I would put Bowling Green and Highlands at the number 2 spot.
Trinity - NO PROBLEM
Highlands - Could possibly loose but not likely.
You never know. Highlands will focus on one game at a time. I'd say that's Trinitys philosophy too.
Wideleft01 Wrote:You never know. Highlands will focus on one game at a time. I'd say that's Trinitys philosophy too.

That better be everybody's philosophy right now.
adopted purple Wrote:That better be everybody's philosophy right now.

We agree on something.
Highlands will beat CovCath by 40 in the real state final. The Colonels' fans will whine about being robbed by the refs again, while blindly ignoring the 75 missed tackles they'll have.

Trinity will bring set ablaze the 6A field.

It is really boring in truth.
It is all anti-climatic. But the ribbon collectors can say they made the playoffs.
This is the first time in a while that I truly feel there are about 5 teams in KY that could beat Highlands on any given night.....

...... unfortunately none of those teams are in 4A.

Neither team loses.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This is the first time in a while that I truly feel there are about 5 teams in KY that could beat Highlands on any given night.....

...... unfortunately none of those teams are in 4A.

Neither team loses.

I'll give you Trinity, BG, and X w/ the last two being underdogs against the Birds. Who are the other 2?
30 going on 40 Wrote:I'll give you Trinity, BG, and X w/ the last two being underdogs against the Birds. Who are the other 2?

John Hardin

....and the least of all Central. I still think Highlands would be the favorite, but Central has one of the best defenses in the State and Highlands has had a history of having issues against teams with a lot of speed and athleticism including a slightly tougher than expected go of it this season with Western and Holmes.

Those are the only 5 teams I think could legitimately beat Highlands on a given night. The only team I would consider a favorite against Highlands would be Trinity, with X and BG being a push at best and most likely a slight under dog.

As it stands now I don't see anyone in 4A I would put within 3 TD's of them, including LexCath and CovCath.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:John Hardin

....and the least of all Central. I still think Highlands would be the favorite, but Central has one of the best defenses in the State and Highlands has had a history of having issues against teams with a lot of speed and athleticism including a slightly tougher than expected go of it this season with Western and Holmes.
Those are the only 5 teams I think could legitimately beat Highlands on a given night. The only team I would consider a favorite against Highlands would be Trinity, with X and BG being a push at best and most likely a slight under dog.

As it stands now I don't see anyone in 4A I would put within 3 TD's of them, including LexCath and CovCath.

Slightly tougher go of it? 51-23 and 57-28, these games were over early with many subs in early, not what I would call tough at all!
I do not see JH staying close at all, they have showed the years HHS was in 5A that they are no match. Central is a good team and would probably hang around for a half.
Agree 100% with X and BG being a push, and that no 4A team within 3TD's.
Ashland could beat Highlands if we play our best football and Highlands looks ahead to a Cov-Cath or J.C. game.
Highlands - I predict another title, but an upset could be in the making
if they let their guard down.

Trinity's a sure lock.
T-CATS Wrote:Ashland could beat Highlands if we play our best football and Highlands looks ahead to a Cov-Cath or J.C. game.
Not much chance of that happening.
Slim to none.
Ditto!
E's Army Wrote:Slim to none.

And Slim done left town.
Ashlands D is a lot better then people think. Their front 7 is as good as we have had in a long time.
Yeah best teams that can be recruted, I hope they both loose ,probably not, but can hope. Scott County in 6a, Russell County in 4a thats my hopes for upsets.
Any given team can be beaten on any given night. Likely they lose? No. Possible, yes.
LWC Wrote:Any given team can be beaten on any given night. Likely they lose? No. Possible, yes.

T,X,H,Male,BG, and some others to a lesser degree, win state in Feb. These squads are focused on bring'n home a state championship on day 1. And they know how to do it. All the other teams of KY are underdogs when playing them.

You have to have a super performance from ur playmakers, brilliant plan by coach, catch them on an off day, and have every bounce go your way to win against these teams if you're not one of them. But it happens. I SEEN IT.