Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ky 1a top 10 put into perspective.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I am going to try to lay out the top ten as of 10-22-12 for everyone, so you all can try to figure out how the playoffs are gonna role. I will put a new post for each team in order they were ranked. I will explain some things for you all up front. First this is truly factual information as it comes from KHSAA and MaxPreps sites. Second the ranking system works off of teams that a team plays above their perspective class. The way that works is if you are a 1a team and you play a 5a team, you would be plus 4 for that game. I am interested in what everyone thinks about this but please let me get all 10 teams on here before you start posting your replys.
#1 in the polls is where we will start. The Mayfield Cardinals have a record of 9-1 and are the defending state runners up from 2011.

The cardinals have played 6 teams ranked in the top ten of their perspective classes.
The cardinals schedule is ranked at a plus 20.
The cardinals opponents have a combined record of 59-40.
The cardinals have scored 472 points and have given up 161 points.
The avg game score for the cardinals is 47-16.
#2 in the polls is Frankfort. Frankfort's record is 9-1.

Frankfort has played 3 teams ranked in the top ten of their perspective classes.
Frankfort's schedule is ranked a plus 13.
Frankfort's opponents have a combined record of 50-49.
Frankfort has scored 421 points and has given up 172 points.
The avg game for Frankfort is 42-17.
#3 is Fairview. The eagles record is 10-0. They are the only undefeated 1a team.

Fairview has played two teams ranked in the top ten of their perspective classes. (both being 1a)
The schedule is a plus 13.
The eagles opponents have a combined record of 34-64.
The eagles have scored 486 points and have given up 150.
The avg game for the eagles is 49-15.
#4 is Williamsburg. The jackets record is 9-1.

The jackets have played 1 team ranked in the top ten of their perspective classes. (Tn 2a)
The jackets schedule is ranked at a plus 4.
Their opponents have a combined record of 38-60.
The jackets have scored 455 points and have only given up 90.
The avg game for the jackets is 46-9.
#5 is Beechwood. The tigers record is 6-4.

The tigers have played 3 teams ranked in the top ten of their classes.
The tigers schedule is ranked at a plus 21.
The tigers opponents have a combined record of 43-57.
The tigers have scored 346 points and have given up 230 points.
The avg tigers game is 35-23.
#6 is Hazard. The Bulldogs record is 6-3 and they are the defending State Champions.

The bulldogs have played 4 teams ranked in the top ten of their perspective classes.
The bulldogs schedule is ranked at plus 8.
The bulldogs opponents combined record is 56-33.
The bulldogs have scored 273 points and have given up 179 points.
The avg game for the bulldogs is 27-18.
#7 is Raceland. The Rams record is 8-2.

The rams have played 3 teams ranked in the top ten of their perspective classes.
The rams schedule is ranked at 12.
The rams opponents combined record is 43-48.
The rams have scored 453 points and have given up 165.
The avg game for the rams is 45-17.
#8 is Russellville. The Panthers record is 7-3.

The panthers have played 2 teams ranked in the top ten of their perspective classes.
The panthers schedule is ranked at a plus 17.
The panthers opponents have a combined record of 38-61.
The panthers have scored 338 points and have given up 150 points.
The avg game for the panthers is 34-15.
#9 is Ky Country Day. The Bearcats record is 9-1.

The bearcats have played no teams ranked in the top ten of their perspective classes.
The bearcats schedule is ranked a plus 16.
The bearcats opponents have a combined record of 24-73.
The bearcats have scored 417 points and have given up 128 points.
The avg game for the bearcats is 42-13.
#10 is Nicholas Co. Nicholas Co's record is 6-4.

Nicholas Co has played 2 teams ranked in the top ten of their perspective classes. (both 1a and they lost both)
Nicholas Co's schedule is ranked a plus 8.
Nicholas Co's opponents have a combined record of 46-56.
Nicholas Co's have scored 333 points and have given up 351 points.
Nicholas Co's avg game is 33-35.
There is one ammendment to the Raceland Rams stats. The opponents combined opponents record shows 43-48. This is partially due to the fact they played Sciotoville Comm out of Ohio. I have researched every site I can think of including OSAA and they show no games played. I know they played and lost this one so they were given a 0-1 record.
I am a Williamsburg fan, but I would not necessarily rank Williamsburg above Hazard or Beechwood. I think these three teams are probably about even, and you could argue reversing these rankings between the three schools. It should be a interesting playoffs for sure.
The last I checked on maxpreps Sciotoville Comm was 3-4. I honestly thing that Raceland is a solid number 6, but i think a healthy Beechwood and Hazard would bump Fairview down to 4 or 5. But as the teams stand RIGHT NOW, i think the realistically its more of a top 8. I dont think Nicholas County can compete with the rest of the top teams in 1a. Its a clear cut 1 and 2. 2-7 can go any number of ways. I still dont believe in Williamsburg simply because that area has been down in 1A for so long. I for see Raceland beatig Fairview in rbd 2 and Hazard beating Williamsburg. Both games will be close. If Raceland controls the football, they will be playing in Bowling Green. If they dont, they will yet again miss out on a substate opportunity. Who ever comes out of the east though, i dont think can win against Frankfort or Mayfield.
for :argue: sake so if we play a 5a schools like south laurel this year we would get 4pt.if we win and like a 4a rockcastle team we would get 3pt.OK i'm folliowing you so far I get it 64SUR. MYSONIS55 :ilikeit:you do an awesome job keep the stats upConfusedmoke:
Welcome back 64. I thought the stress of the playoffs had caught up with you. Did someone come by to check on you, I requested your Wburg fans do a welfare check on you. I haven't heard from you in so long, I thought you must have had another stroke. Hang in there you old fart. You cant go yet, I wanna see that sign sticking out your back side. Thanks for complimenting my stats.
From what I saw of nicholas county they shouldn't be on this list.
If what bronson says is correct that would make Raceland's opponents combined record would be 46-51.
No stress hear mysonis55 getting my game face ready for the playoffs.an kicking some :moon:an i will be proud to pull the sign sticking out my back side an giving it to you when we win the 1a state championship Confusedmoke:Confusederved: by the :policeman:policeman:policeman 64SUR ready for a little snow.go fulton,fulton city an russellville:insane::lmao:
64, remember how week you was saying our district is. I think there is a slight chance that Fulton Co could upset Holy Cross and be back here at War Memoria to play us in the second round. I am very confident that Russellville will beat Ky Country Day in the 2nd round and be back here at War Memorial in the 3rd round. That sounds pretty weak to me. Can you say the same about your district?
I don't know much about Holy Cross or KCD but the Fultons are historically weak and it appears on their combined wins this year that has not changed. Your region entails a lot of driving. I guess you would not know that in that you are always the 1 seed. Williamsburg has played Pineville and Harlan for years in that they are 1A schools who are about an hour drive who have been in our district in the past. There are not a lot of schools similar to Mayfield in size who would be competitive within a reasonable drive. Small independents are becoming far and few between. There is talk of South Floyd and Allen Central merging in this part of the state which would take away two more 1A schools in the Eastern part of the state.
1. Mayfield
2-10--Everyone else
I understand the Fulton's are usually weak.:thanks: They do have times when everything comes together for them. Back in 93, Fulton Co went very deep in the playoffs and actually beat Mayfield. In 2007, Fulton City beat us and won the district. We did get them back in the playoffs that year though. My point is not that they are that strong, it is the fact that the other district isn't either. Holy Cross is the 2 seed from the other side. They are 2-8. They have some coaching but apparently are hurting for talent this year. Fulton Co is hurting for coaching but, does have several athletes. I think there is a chance they could beat Holy Cross on a couple big plays and win that game. I am certain though, that Russellville will beat Ky Country Day in Louisville. There is also the fact that we have the #1 and #8 ranked teams in our district. So, our district isn't quiet as weak as 64 stated. :please:
I love the running back from Fulton Co. Number 4. I dont know his name but if he was playing for anybody else we would all know his name. Heck if he had that big lineman from Fulton City on his team Fulton County would make a little noise.
mysonis55 Wrote:There is one ammendment to the Raceland Rams stats. The opponents combined opponents record shows 43-48. This is partially due to the fact they played Sciotoville Comm out of Ohio. I have researched every site I can think of including OSAA and they show no games played. I know they played and lost this one so they were given a 0-1 record.

Sciotoville Community finished with a record of 4 wins and 6 losses.
If Ramcat is correct Raceland's opponents had a combined record of 46-52.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:1. Mayfield
2-10--Everyone else

I would think Frankfort is clearly seperated themselves as the #2 team.
Guys before we can say clearly who is #1 or #whatever, we have 5 weeks left to play.:thanks::thanks: We certainly dont want a repeat of last year. I dont really want to hear talk that we are certainly the best, until we know that for sure. Right now, I'm going with Hazard as #1 until they loose.
Mayfield is by far and away the best team. They return every one to a team that went to the state finals. They have the tradition, but most importantly they have the speed!!!
tvtimeout Wrote:Mayfield is by far and away the best team. They return every one to a team that went to the state finals. They have the tradition, but most importantly they have the speed!!!

Mayfield lost most of the O-line.
Pages: 1 2 3