Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best HS baseball players in KY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Everybody's thoughts and opinions? Clinton Hollon? Connor Heady? Hunter Green? Let's hear your opinions!
I think it is hard to argue against Clinton Hollon. He's the real deal.
My vote goes to Hollon
^My vote goes to your sig!!!
Hollon Woodford
Parrett Woodford
Green
Connor heady North Oldham
Creech Wolfe
Wright Bath he is coming of Acl Surgery wanting to see how he responds.
Salow Ashland
Blake Tiberi - 3B, Holy Cross. Headed to Louisville, started on the 18U USA national team in North Korea, MVP in last years Junior All-Star game.

Who on the list above has that level of resume?

I may be biased since he is from my area, and I had the privilege to coach him in 2 All-Star games, but I have not heard as much discussion by college coaches than Blake. We will see how it plays out this season, but Blake get's my vote as the best player in the State.
Hollon is the state's top pitcher and one of the top prospects in the nation....Not sure about which position player is best, but Hollon has built quite a resume himself.

http://espn.go.com/blog/high-school/base...ton-hollon
indian18 Wrote:Hollon Woodford
Parrett Woodford
Green
Creech Wolfe
Salow Ashland

Are you kidding me?
Parrett Woodford
Green
Creech Wolfe
Salow Ashland

:thatsfunn Let's be real lol, its easy to have the stats he does when you play Buckhorn and Cordia 5 times a year.
Hollan and Wills Smith are the 2 best and along with Harrington are the 3 highest on draft lists.
Logan Salow I a preferred walk on going to UK he was 16th region player of the year last year as a junior and should repeat this year. Young man is a great athlete.
In Region 1 two players that standout are:
John Lollar,Murray High, RHP already signed with Murray State University.
Clay Chandler, Ballard Memorial, RHP, SS, unsigned but is being recruited, kid can play anywhere on the field and handles the bat well.
Parrett Woodford
Green
Creech Wolfe
Salow Ashland

Wow You have to be kidding
i agree with clinton hollon is one of the best in the state. but creech? ther's no way he's even close....they haven't played any competition in the past few years. thats y he has the batting average and the "stats" bc they do play buckhorn and cordia and magoffin 5 times a year.
Justin Johnson at Perry. 90+ fastball. 6'7-240. You cant hit what you cant see. Hope everyone is ready.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Justin Johnson at Perry. 90+ fastball. 6'7-240. You cant hit what you cant see. Hope everyone is ready.

He never played baseball for Sheldon Clark, Per KHSAA rosters and he's not listed on Perry Central's roster.

Clinton Hollon is the best in the entire state. Woodford County would demolish any 14th region team
Evan Whitaker, 6'5 senior at Hazard High School is one of the outstanding prospects in Kentucky. Evan is a pitcher, plays first, third and ss.
Strikeout King Wrote:He never played baseball for Sheldon Clark, Per KHSAA rosters and he's not listed on Perry Central's roster.

Clinton Hollon is the best in the entire state. Woodford County would demolish any 14th region team

Played up until 9th grade.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Justin Johnson at Perry. 90+ fastball. 6'7-240. You cant hit what you cant see. Hope everyone is ready.

And you saw this where? He has not played since 9th grade.
Bob Seger Wrote:Played up until 9th grade.

I was going by the rosters listed on KHSAA
Strikeout King Wrote:I was going by the rosters listed on KHSAA

It is on the KHSAA website. Look at what would have been his freshman year.

:biglmao:

Wow. Saw him play his only year while at SCHS. He threw maybe, and I repeat MAYBE, 75 mph. Horrible mechanics. He was not a very polished player, and nothing leads me to believe he is any better.
Justin has been going to MPH Academy and has been working with Matt Ginter in his spare time. Said he was gonna come in and pitch once a week for PCC. Said he is hitting 92 consistently. Topped out at 94.
It maybe true but why would another kid that goes to another school, take pitching lessons from a high school coach that's not associated with him or his high school team? That just doesn't make sense, I'm not saying your wrong or anything Ringo but something just doesn't make sense.
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Justin has been going to MPH Academy and has been working with Matt Ginter in his spare time. Said he was gonna come in and pitch once a week for PCC. Said he is hitting 92 consistently. Topped out at 94.

And you bought that line of bull?
Ringo thats a good one buddy. Your a sight to get people to start believing that. Johnson should be playing baseball though. Anyone can play two sports in high school. To much AAU.
It will be interesting to see how Wright from Bath rebounds after ACL injury. He is a very good pitcher and hitter. Has quick hands and good eyes at the plate.
Hard to believe no mention of Jake Hamilton on here from Pikeville. He is getting looks from UK. Definitely one of the top.
PHSForever Wrote:Hard to believe no mention of Jake Hamilton on here from Pikeville. He is getting looks from UK. Definitely one of the top.

Best wishes to Jake in that.
Bob Seger Wrote:Best wishes to Jake in that.
Not saying it is anything serious, but I know they were looking at him, havent heard anything on it in a while. Definitely one of the better in the 15th, and I was just surprised no one had at least mentioned him.
Pages: 1 2