Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 4 Letcher CC 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Shane Grimm got the win for Paintsville. This one, too, was played @ ALC.
IISnakE Wrote:Shane Grimm got the win for Paintsville. This one, too, was played @ ALC.

Congrats to the Tigers and Grimm on the win as I know the younger kids got PT in this one. The Tigers were without Brown, Sublett, Watkins, Humphrey, and J.D. Vanhoose
I felt the younger Tigers represented us well! It made it worth the trip!
Good job considering they were without 5 of their starters, this makes the loss to AC a little easier to deal with considering how they blew them out earlier in the year.
PHSCARD Wrote:Good job considering they were without 5 of their starters, this makes the loss to AC a little easier to deal with considering how they blew them out earlier in the year.

This isn't the AC thread they weren't without 5 starters that game, they were without Brown and that's it. The rest of the guys played against AC but then had to leave to attend JC's prom.
So Paintsville was without 5 starters?
Yes, for the LCC game they were. 1 was ill and 4 were attending JC's prom......
Congrats Tigers!
Well then I guess that loss to AC was legit, LCC has dominated some teams from around the area and for them to do that makes somewhat of a statement.
PHSCARD Wrote:Good job considering they were without 5 of their starters, this makes the loss to AC a little easier to deal with considering how they blew them out earlier in the year.

They didn't quite blow AC out earlier this year either. 8-1 is hardly a blowout, especially considering the game was closer than that most of it. The fact is earlier this season that Shane Grimm pitched an amazing game. He kept AC off stride the whole game and got the umpire to have a strike zone in his favor, and he, maturing as a great pitcher, took complete advantage. It was also only AC's 4th game (2nd game for the Seniors returning from Senior Trip). This was also the game in which Little had to leave due to arm troubles.

This game was more of both teams going at it during mid to late season. I think if Grimm pitched this game that AC may have not gotten as many runs, but on the other hand, with a healthy Scott Little going the distance, neither would have Paintsville.
close game...con. to Paintsville
Who pitched for LCC?
This was a good game, LCC was also without their starting third baseman Steven Caudill. Caudill has a great glove and arm at the third base position, not to mention a good bat, but Colton Cook, a sophomore, stepped up and played a good game at the Hot Corner.
Cougar_Guy Wrote:This was a good game, LCC was also without their starting third baseman Steven Caudill. Caudill has a great glove and arm at the third base position, not to mention a good bat, but Colton Cook, a sophomore, stepped up and played a good game at the Hot Corner.

so are you saying cause one player wasnt there, thats why they lost
NYY10 Wrote:so are you saying cause one player wasnt there, thats why they lost

No, I'm not saying that at all, because one player doesn't make the team, but when you have to replace a senior with a Freshman bat or something like that, it can effect your play. Especially when the senior has played that position all year and you have to throw somebody new there.
Cougar_Guy Wrote:No, I'm not saying that at all, because one player doesn't make the team, but when you have to replace a senior with a Freshman bat or something like that, it can effect your play. Especially when the senior has played that position all year and you have to throw somebody new there.
Paintsville had first time starters in left field(freshman), centerfield(freshman), first base(eighth grader), and at DH(freshman). Ya think that was easy to replace? Paintsville was missing their 2,3,4 and6th batters.
The Guru Wrote:Paintsville had first time starters in left field(freshman), centerfield(freshman), first base(eighth grader), and at DH(freshman). Ya think that was easy to replace? Paintsville was missing their 2,3,4 and6th batters.

No, I didn't say that it was, all I was saying was that LCC was missing a player. I didn't know till after I posted that Paintsville was missing players too. I know that had to be hard to replace too. So I guess Paintsville is just the better team.
It has nothing to do that LCC played like crap the first few innings either.
Cougar_Guy Wrote:No, I didn't say that it was, all I was saying was that LCC was missing a player. I didn't know till after I posted that Paintsville was missing players too. I know that had to be hard to replace too. So I guess Paintsville is just the better team.
It has nothing to do that LCC played like crap the first few innings either.

lol.....don't worry....no harm done....actually, I thought LCC hit very well, just had some fielding and mental errors.
The Guru Wrote:lol.....don't worry....no harm done....actually, I thought LCC hit very well, just had some fielding and mental errors.

That's what killed them, they did hit well, but the fielding and mental break down in the first few innings gave Paintsville the momentum and they never looked back.