Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Warren Central 58, Southwestern 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Yikes. A miserable season for Southwestern mercifully comes to an end.
congrats to WC
I'm sure the coaches will have them back in the weight room getting Casey County Strong starting next week.
I noticed it was a very thin sideline last night. Only around 26 in uniform. Looked like SW had lost some guys since last Friday.
Congrats Warren Central.

Time for Southwestern to regroup; make your plans for a positive future; and execute those plans to prepare for the future.

Good luck Seniors!!
I hope to see SW bounce back. This has been a very tough year for a proud program.
This was a year of growing pains for the Warriors. I felt like they could have made the playoffs as a 4 seed, but this is a young team. They'll be fine though the next 2 seasons.

Hoping for a better season in 2013!
GetChili Wrote:This was a year of growing pains for the Warriors. I felt like they could have made the playoffs as a 4 seed, but this is a young team. They'll be fine though the next 2 seasons.

Hoping for a better season in 2013!

I disagree. Something is not right out there. They can't continue to hemmorage players. You cannot succeed in 5A football playing everyone both ways and with a roster under 40 people. Pulaski County was an even younger team and district seven was very mediocre this year. Youth does not excuse not making the playoffs.
Not mention they had some talented lineman coming back.
Although this was a bad loss, I was told that there were only 26 players that dressed for this game and that several had quit after the game against Pulaski Co. Is there any truth to this?
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:Although this was a bad loss, I was told that there were only 26 players that dressed for this game and that several had quit after the game against Pulaski Co. Is there any truth to this?

I read something that said they only had 26 players on the sidelines. I thought they meant 26 plus the 11 on the field. If true that they only have 26 dressed for the game there is something seriously wrong at Southwestern. Being a young team is one thing but Pulaski showed this season that you can be young and still successful, especially in a relatively weak district. I've heard a lot of negative comments about this coaching staff at Southwestern from fans, referees, former players and coaches. What is going on out there?
It is hard to compete in 5A football with under 40 players.
Almost every player played both ways this season, which makes it extremely difficult to compete in Class 5A. SW definitely needs some more numbers to be a successful program.
Owensboro Apollo had about the same number of players last year in the 1st round of the playoffs against Bowling Green. We kept waiting for the rest of the team to come out of the locker room, but they never came. We play them again Friday. I don't think you can be competitive in 1A with 26 players.
It would be nice to hear from someone that had the inside scoop on SW because there has to be something going on that no one knows about for there to be so few players considering the size of the school.
GetChili Wrote:Almost every player played both ways this season, which makes it extremely difficult to compete in Class 5A. SW definitely needs some more numbers to be a successful program.

what do you think brought on the small numbers? imho, they had more than enough talent to win a pretty weak district. how about a sound offensive and defensive scheme to be a successful program? i need someone to explain to me how the "pistol I wing" and the defense with no safety work. thanks in advance.
guess i didnt have any takers
2ndandshort Wrote:guess i didnt have any takers

Guess not, other than GetChili, there are basically no other BGR members directly related to Southwestern that I know of. So we may never know.