Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bengals on Draft Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
OK, I said they needed a tight end, should have been a top concern, maybe in the top 3 rounds. But, you know, who am I? I think I have some football knowledge, other people might disagree, but my only point is this: I check the Bengals website, it hasn't been updated since before the draft, and it says "Although the Bengals are looking for a tight end in the draft, they retained a veteran one Tuesday when Jerrold Colton, the agent for Tony Stewart said he expects his client to re-sign with the Bengals on a one-year deal."

Granted that they have signed free agents since the draft, but it was still a top priority that should have been addressed in the draft in my opinion
And then some dude wrote in and asked the Geoff Hobson:
I have trouble understanding why the Bengals failed to draft a tight end in the draft. Leonard Pope, the player many suspected we would take in the first round was available to us in the second. Jimmy Williams, the player predicted to go in the top 10 was available at our spot. This year Marvin puzzled me early on. And last, but not least, why'd your parents name you "Geoff"? Were you an oops baby?

Geoff responded:
File this one under Bengaldom’s official motto “In Marvin We Trust,” along with the draft’s secret code, “Stay True To Your Board.” With Pope going on the eighth pick in the third round to Arizona and Williams going on the fifth pick of the second round to Atlanta, the Bengals would have been ridiculous to pick either in the first round and Pope in the second. To answer your final question, my parents smoked a lot of crack while my mom was pregnant with me.