Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Andrew Wiggins
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has reclassified to the class of 2013.
High school basketball’s best junior is now high school basketball’s best senior.

Andrew Wiggins, the 6-foot-8 superstar wing player who is a primary recruiting target of the University of Kentucky, reclassified from the 2014 class to 2013 on Thursday, making him available to play in college next season. When he gets there, he figures to be immediately among the nation’s best players.

It completes a move Wiggins has pondered for months and that isn’t too surprising.

His father, Mitchell Wiggins, told USA Today on Thursday that his son doesn’t need two more seasons of high school basketball. You’d be hard-pressed to find anyone who would disagree. He’s an amazingly athletic, hard-attacking wing player with ideal size.

“It’s time,” Mitchell Wiggins told the newspaper. “It’s time for him (to show) that he is the best in college right now. I think he is ready for the next step. (Academically) he is doing great. Maturity-wise he is doing great. He has a lot of talent. He is ready for the next step, and everybody knows it is time. It is Andrew’s time. Next year is coming soon, and he is ready.”

Wiggins’ coach, Rob Fulford of Huntington (W.Va.) Prep school, confirmed in a Thursday text message to The Courier-Journal that the player has officially become a 2013 recruit. Wiggins has been considering reclassifying since at least the summer and has taken classes this fall that would put him on track for early graduation.

“He’s the clear best player in high school basketball,” Scout.com analyst Evan Daniels said. “… I think he’s probably the best high school player I’ve evaluated” in seven years on the job.

Scout.com immediately vaulted Wiggins, a native of Canada, into the No. 1 spot in the 2013 class, ahead of forward Jabari Parker. UK commitments Andrew and Aaron Harrison and UK target Julius Randle round out the top five.

UK has long been thought to be well-positioned in the recruitment of Wiggins. It’s the same with Florida State, where Mitchell Wiggins played and Wiggins’ mother ran track. Coaches from North Carolina, Ohio State and Kansas have visited Huntington this week and are working to get involved, too.

If Wiggins were to commit to UK, the Wildcats’ class — which is already No. 1 with four five-star pledges — would become one for the ages.

“If he were to join that class, it’s the best recruiting class of all time,” Daniels said. “… I think in the year 2014 it would be an easier trip to the national championship than it was last year for them.

“With that said, there’s a long way to go in Andrew Wiggins’ recruitment. He’s not going to make a college choice until the spring. Obviously Florida State and Kentucky have a bit of head start, but he said he wants to be recruited. … We’ll know if he’s really serious about these other schools if he starts taking visits (there).”http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...|text|Home
How much does it hurt our chances with Wiggins since the Harrison twins and James Young has already signed? With Aaron playing the SG, I'm sure Young expected to come in and play the wing. Will Cal still go all out for Wiggins? Or does Young and/ or the Harrison twins decommit if Wiggins commits?
Slim chance is better than no chance..

#NOLES #ACCCHAMPS #CoachHam #BigSpearDiplomacy ---;;----;;---->>
goBIGblue82 Wrote:How much does it hurt our chances with Wiggins since the Harrison twins and James Young has already signed? With Aaron playing the SG, I'm sure Young expected to come in and play the wing. Will Cal still go all out for Wiggins? Or does Young and/ or the Harrison twins decommit if Wiggins commits?

No need to worry were gonna keep what we've already got and add Wiggins and Randle.:wink:
I never write in the form of a text but OMG.

If this kid comes to UK, and we also get Randle, it will without a doubt be the best recruiting class in history, and ive been saying it for months now.
Im beginning to think even if we dont get Randle, it still will be.
IMO, youll see the Harrison twins, Young, Wiggins, and Randle, if he comes all starting with another freshmen as a 6th man.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:How much does it hurt our chances with Wiggins since the Harrison twins and James Young has already signed? With Aaron playing the SG, I'm sure Young expected to come in and play the wing. Will Cal still go all out for Wiggins? Or does Young and/ or the Harrison twins decommit if Wiggins commits?

It might be that Young would want to go elsewhere(might be), but WHY IN THE WORLD would that influence the twins to back out?
From what I've read he is interested in UK and Florida St.
UNC was mentioned as well.
There are other teams on his list but UK and FSU are the front runners.
Suhhhhweeeeet!
I'm tickled he is in this area to watch!
Wow, it's crazy seeing kids so good they re-classify and are still the best players in the nation!
It's a two horse race between FSU and UK...him opening up the door to other schools doesn't hurt us a bit. I think we'll still get him.
Good call by Wiggins. He's wasting a years worth NBA salary staying in high school another year.
I've read that Youngs commitment has had an impact of Wiggins decision.
Also read that we stand where we've also stood with Wiggins; the favorites with Florida State. Now UNC and some other big schools are involved in his recruitment. It's really hard to bet against Cal. He's been on this kid a while.
Aslan Wrote:Good call by Wiggins. He's wasting a years worth NBA salary staying in high school another year.
I've read that Youngs commitment has had an impact of Wiggins decision.
Also read that we stand where we've also stood with Wiggins; the favorites with Florida State. Now UNC and some other big schools are involved in his recruitment. It's really hard to bet against Cal. He's been on this kid a while.

I think we stand a great chance!
He was at Alice Lloyd College tonight playing. My boy said he was the Real Deal!
^
Why was he there?
Huntington Prep scrimmaged ALC's JV team from what I gather.