Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Israel News Talk Network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://israelnewstalk.com/

^I personally thought this was interesting. You can listen to the radio show online by clicking on the button on the top of the webpage.

This is an Israel talk radio show that is made into English to let people around the world know about Israel's news.
Looks like Israel's Prime Minister is now rethinking his support for Romney in the election. He probably should stay out America's election business.

Quote:JERUSALEM — The re-election of U.S. President Barack Obama has focused attention on his sometimes tense personal relations with Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, who made no secret of his leanings toward the president's challenger.

The two leaders have on occasion disagreed over major Middle East issues and some Israelis are wondering about the future of their historically close ties with the United States.

A few hours after Obama was declared the winner of Tuesday's presidential election, Netanyahu moved quickly to control any diplomatic damage.

He summoned the U.S. Ambassador to Israel, Dan Shapiro, and publicly congratulated Obama on his victory.

"The security relationship between the United States and Israel is rock-solid and I look forward to working with President Obama to further strengthen this relationship," Netanyahu said. "And I look forward to working with him to advance our goals of peace and security."

In what was clearly a choreographed media event, Shapiro responded to Netanyahu in kind.

"The president has enjoyed the close security cooperation and the close coordination with you and your government in his first term and I know he looks forward to continuing it in his second term," he said.

Israeli fears

The statements came amid fears of a deterioration in relations due to reported tensions and personal disaffection between Netanyahu and Obama.

Obama's opponent in the presidential election, Republican candidate Mitt Romney, is a personal friend of Netanyahu. And Netanyahu is known to believe that a Romney presidency would have boosted U.S. government support for Israel.

A professor at the Israeli Democratic Institute and Hebrew University, Gideon Rehat, said some of Netanyahu's critics accused him of meddling in U.S. affairs and putting at risk the future security of the Jewish state.

"Because Netanyahu interfered in the elections, or that's what the argument is, the personal relationship between Prime Minister Netanyahu and President Obama will be problematic," Rehat said. "I'm not sure if it will influence the whole relations, but this is not a good start."

Some analysts said that Obama in his final term would no longer fear powerful Israel supporters among Jews in America. That could boost U.S. pressure to re-start the stalled Israeli-Palestinian peace negotiations, they say.

The negotiations have been stalemated over Palestinian demands that the Israeli government stop building new settlements in the occupied West Bank and release political prisoners.

The Netanyahu government said it is willing to resume the talks, but without pre-conditions.

Analysts say several U.S. presidents, including Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton and George Bush, were able to push the peace process forward during their second terms by extracting difficult concessions from both sides.

Political columnist and Bar-Ilan University Professor Danny Rubinstein notes that Netanyahu's conservative Likud party recently joined forces with the far-right Yisrael Beiteinyu party. He said that may stymie future Palestinian talks.

"That's my wishful thinking that it [a second term] will help renew the peace process," Rubinstein said. "But I'm not sure that Netanyahu can do it. If you go to negotiations you have to be ready to make concessions. Netanyahu is not ready to make any concessions. And his constituency is not ready to make concessions."

Tensions over Iran

Iran is another source of irritation between Obama and Netanyahu.

There is great debate among Israeli officials over whether - and when - to attack Iran's nuclear installations if Iran does not stop its alleged effort to make nuclear weapons. Iran says its nuclear program is for peaceful purposes only.

Netanyahu has repeatedly warned that time is growing short. The U.S. has asked Israel to be patient, though, to allow time for Western sanctions to force Iran to change course. Most analysts said this disagreement has largely eased in recent months.

Rehat said, however, that Obama's re-election could become an issue as the campaign heats up for Israel's national elections in January.

"The fact that Obama won will probably be used by people who challenge the Likud and Netanyahu," Rehat said. "They will say the relationship with the United States is important to Israel. And that Netanyahu would not be fit for the job because he clearly supported Romney and Romney lost."

http://www.voanews.com/content/obama_win...42149.html
TheRealVille, I think it's been pretty clear that Obama hasn't liked Israel ever since he became President. Here are examples of where Obama was against Israel:

1) Obama and Sarkozy
2) Obama not meeting with Netanyahu.
3) Obama wants Israel to stop housing constructions.
4) Obama calls for pre-1967 borders for peace talks.
5) Obama and Netanyahu having dinner.
6) U.S. blocks security council censure for Israeli settlemenents.

Netanyahu is trying to protect the country he was elected to protect. It wasn't obvious, but Netanyahu did seem to be on Romney's side. However, with the major threats that are facing Israel today, Netanyahu wanted to be sure that we (the United States) were on his and Israel's side. This is why he wanted Romney to win.

About Iran: It's incredibly obvious that Iran is making nuclear weapons. Secondly, it's incredibly obvious that President Ahmadinejad doesn't like Israel, and some would say he wants to "wipe Israel off the map." It's perfectly reasonable for Netanyahu to worry about his nation's security since a second holocaust is at stake. Israel is in deep trouble, and they need someone to help protect them. That's why they're looking to us, which makes sense because we're known to be their greatest ally.
Deathstar 80 Wrote:TheRealVille, I think it's been pretty clear that Obama hasn't liked Israel ever since he became President. Here are examples of where Obama was against Israel:

1) Obama and Sarkozy
2) Obama not meeting with Netanyahu.
3) Obama wants Israel to stop housing constructions.
4) Obama calls for pre-1967 borders for peace talks.
5) Obama and Netanyahu having dinner.
6) U.S. blocks security council censure for Israeli settlemenents.

Netanyahu is trying to protect the country he was elected to protect. It wasn't obvious, but Netanyahu did seem to be on Romney's side. However, with the major threats that are facing Israel today, Netanyahu wanted to be sure that we (the United States) were on his and Israel's side. This is why he wanted Romney to win.

About Iran: It's incredibly obvious that Iran is making nuclear weapons. Secondly, it's incredibly obvious that President Ahmadinejad doesn't like Israel, and some would say he wants to "wipe Israel off the map." It's perfectly reasonable for Netanyahu to worry about his nation's security since a second holocaust is at stake. Israel is in deep trouble, and they need someone to help protect them. That's why they're looking to us, which makes sense because we're known to be their greatest ally.
Yes, it was very obvious. He had Romney signs all over the place. In three months, his election, we will see if he hurt himself.

About Iran: Do you have information that the Prime Minister doesn't have? He seems to think they have stopped enriching for now.
TheRealVille Wrote:Yes, it was very obvious. He had Romney signs all over the place.

About Iran: Do you have information that the Prime Minister doesn't have? He seems to think they have stopped enriching for now.

My mistake. It was obvious.

Why do you say that Netanyahu thinks Iran has stopped making a nuclear weapon?
Would you be ok with Obama picking a side in Israel's election that is coming up in 3 months?

I understand, with you being a christian, that you are biased toward Israel, but no other democratic country should put their nose in other democratic country's election business.
TheRealVille Wrote:Would you be ok with Obama picking a side in Israel's election that is coming up in 3 months?

I understand, with you being a christian, that you are biased toward Israel, but no other democratic country should put their nose in other democratic country's election business.

Yeah, I'm sure we could always suck up to the islamic countries, right?
TheRealVille Wrote:Would you be ok with Obama picking a side in Israel's election that is coming up in 3 months?

You're absolutely right in that a democratic country shouldn't put their nose in another democratic country's election business. You're definitely right about that. However, I have to say that it gets tempting when your life is on the line.

For your first question, I probably would if an entire ethic race depended on it. Talking about whether or not it's ethical, I would say it's in a gray-ish area. If you were elected to protect an entire ethnic group and there were people who were legitimately threatening to kill you, what would you do?
Israel is on its own know after this election.
^As it should be. Israel is in good shape money wise, and has a military second to only us, and we have been our own wars for 12 years. They are capable of dealing with Iran.
TheRealVille Wrote:^As it should be. Israel is in good shape money wise, and has a military second to only us, and we have been our own wars for 12 years. They are capable of dealing with Iran.

No allies of ours should ever be on their own. No matter the situation. I can see it now. I’m golfing and George bush caused this.
So is there no republicans in Washington?
^ do what?
Benchwarmer Wrote:No allies of ours should ever be on their own. No matter the situation. I can see it now. I’m golfing and George bush caused this.
We are broke. How do you propose that we pay for another war?
^ how are we going to pay for the next 4 years of Obama?
A friend should never be made to go it alone
MustangSally Wrote:A friend should never be made to go it alone
Well answer the question I asked above. We are broke. How do you propose we pay for another war?
TheRealVille Wrote:Well answer the question I asked above. We are broke. How do you propose we pay for another war?

answer mine in #15:betterthanexpected:
MustangSally Wrote:answer mine in #15:betterthanexpected:
Well.....that's all opinion. A republican one at that. A lot of our debt is coming from fighting two wars, and a monster recession that was already in place when he took office, and many other factors left by the previous administration. As you well know, we are finally starting to climb out. That started at about 10 months after he took office. Different people say different things, some say his policies are going to cost us money, some say they are going to start saving us money. Unemployment is going down, stocks are going up, compared to when he grabbed the reins. All stuff you conservatives twist around.
It's obvious that if we stop helping Israel, Israel will be destroyed. Israel was attacked over and over again in the past (by the way, notice it was never the other way around) and we protected them, which is what allies do.

To be fair, I would like to point out the reason that we didn't at first go to war in World War II (or it might have been World War I). I was told it was because our president during that time didn't think we were ready for war yet. If we went to war immediately, we would lose. You could possibly say the same thing for today with Israel in that we don't have enough money to pay for another war. It's possible that if we get into a fairly long-term war, it would cause us a lot of financial trouble that we honestly can't handle right now. But if we chose not to help Israel, we would have to face the legitimate possibility of a second holocaust. It honestly isn't a joke anymore to say that a second holocaust is possible, and that should alarm everyone.

And I'm glad TheRealVille mentioned Israel's military. According to a debate I had with Vundy33 a few months ago, he said that it would be costly to go to war with Iran if we did help Israel. If that's true, then how much more will it cost Israel to go to war with Iran? If it's not true, then why can't we go to war with Iran?
^ Now, how do you propose we pay for another war, while we are broke, in a war at present, and just ended another?
TheRealVille Wrote:Well.....that's all opinion. A republican one at that. A lot of our debt is coming from fighting two wars, and a monster recession that was already in place when he took office, and many other factors left by the previous administration. As you well know, we are finally starting to climb out. That started at about 10 months after he took office. Different people say different things, some say his policies are going to cost us money, some say they are going to start saving us money. Unemployment is going down, stocks are going up, compared to when he grabbed the reins. All stuff you conservatives twist around.

nice blame Bush
Hasn't Obama been fighting these wars also?:pondering: Isn't it time for Obama to man up on the economy and debt? Thought he said in the debate that the Buck stops with him?
Deathstar 80 Wrote:It's obvious that if we stop helping Israel, Israel will be destroyed. Israel was attacked in the past (by the way, notice it wasn't the other way around) and we protected them, which is what allies do.

To be fair, I would like to point out the reason that we didn't at first go to war in World War II (or it might have been World War I). I was told it was because our president during that time didn't think we were ready for war yet. If we went to war immediately, we would lose. You could possibly say the same thing for today with Israel in that we don't have enough money to pay for another war. It's possible that if we get into a fairly long-term war, it would cause us a lot of financial trouble that we honestly can't handle right now. But if we chose not to help Israel, we would have to face the legitimate possibility of a second holocaust. It honestly isn't a joke anymore to say that a second holocaust is possible, and that should alarm everyone.
Why do all of you side step the question? How are we going to fund another war? Our wallet is empty. It's just like real life, money doesn't grow on trees, and doesn't just magically appear. Just tell me where we are supposed to get the money? We are 16 trillion in debt from two other wars. That's just like you having a credit card that is maxed out. Same thing.
TheRealVille Wrote:^ Now, how do you propose we pay for another war, while we are broke, in a war at present, and just ended another?

How do we pay for anything?
SKINNYPIG Wrote:How do we pay for anything?
Maybe you can answer the question then?
TheRealVille Wrote:Why do all of you side step the question? How are we going to fund another war? Our wallet is empty. It's just like real life, money doesn't grow on trees, and doesn't just magically appear. Just tell me where we are supposed to get the money?

Cut spending / raise taxes. I think we can at least cut social security and medicare/medicaid in order to protect Israel. We could at least give them some equipment that we already have. They're going to need it a lot more than we will.
TheRealVille Wrote:^ Now, how do you propose we pay for another war, while we are broke, in a war at present, and just ended another?

Who's going to pay for the $2.6+ trillion Obamcare over the next decade?
TheRealVille Wrote:Why do all of you side step the question? How are we going to fund another war? Our wallet is empty. It's just like real life, money doesn't grow on trees, and doesn't just magically appear. Just tell me where we are supposed to get the money? We are 16 trillion in debt from two other wars. That's just like you having a credit card that is maxed out. Same thing.

first thing the President should do is get the Senate to pass a budget
TheRealVille Wrote:Maybe you can answer the question then?

What question? You said we can't afford another war because we didn't have the money. I'm asking you what CAN we pay for?
Under Obama it will be a long list of social justice/welfare programs that are coming as well as a gaggle of environmental projects
Pages: 1 2