Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: When is Allen Central and South Floyd consolidating?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can someone answer this for me? I've been trying to figure this out for a while now lol. When these schools do combine, they will have a pretty decent football program, as well as everything else.
I head about this as well. They will be up in class if I am not mistaken. Because I know that Allen Central is already in the top 5 or so in enrollment numbers for boys. Probably move up to 2A or 3A. The team should be much stronger than the two are seperately. South Floyd always has nice speed and atheleticism and Allen Central has several nice offensive and defensive linemen. Should be interesting.
McCameraMan Wrote:Can someone answer this for me? I've been trying to figure this out for a while now lol. When these schools do combine, they will have a pretty decent football program, as well as everything else.

I wish people said they had decent football when gauging our schedule Sad
This all depends on when the new road from Harold to Mini is complete. Original plans was to build the school on top of the strip job once the road was complete. Have not heard anything new though in a couple of years.
I've heard this for at least 10 yrs. I dont know if it will ever happen.
I wonder what will happen to the 6 class system when all of these schools around the state like these two start consolidating...

:pondering:
It is suppose to be Allen Central, Betsy Lane, and South Floyd that consolidate to make Floyd Co Central. I don't know when it is going to happen but I believe that it won't be for another 5 or 6 years or so.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I wonder what will happen to the 6 class system when all of these schools around the state like these two start consolidating...

:pondering:
Simple. It will die and we will move to a 7-Class System. Confusedinglepar

(WARNING: THE PREVIOUS POST CONTAINS HIGH LEVELS OF KHSAA LOGIC. PROLONGED EXPOSURE MAY RESULT IN A NEED OF MEDICAL TREATMENT. PLEASE OBSERVE WITH EXTREME CAUTION.)
I've heard that the plans was approved for Allen Central and South Floyd to combine, but Betsy Layne High School would remain open.
Same that i've heard is only Allen Central and South Floyd will combine.

It would be pretty nice to see Prestonsburg and Betsy Layne combine.
#1 Blackcat Fan Wrote:Same that i've heard is only Allen Central and South Floyd will combine.

It would be pretty nice to see Prestonsburg and Betsy Layne combine.
How could anyone ever want to see their school consolidate??
Panther Thunder Wrote:How could anyone ever want to see their school consolidate??

To be more competitive in all sports.
From what I've been told, only AC & SF are consolidating. Don't know when though.

Would like to see Prestonsburg go independent a well. Will never happen though.
They wouldn't spend that much money on BL turf field if they was consolidating. That is why they didn't do the other two.