Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Hypothetical Situation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Here's one to ponder on. What we have here is a hypothetical situation. Seeing that in this election, for all intents and purposes, the two candidates are running neck and neck. 50%/50% more or less. Here is the situation. What we are going to do, is move one party's supporters to say the geographical western half of the United States while the other party's supporters all move to the geographical eastern half of the United States. (note, I made this an east/west scenerio rather than a north/south scenerio because we all know there will be some nut start with racist accusations). What each group of supporters are assigned to do, is to each form a completely new country based on the values, ideologies, and fiscal ideas that their party at this time represents. Each country is challenged to create it's own government, own legislative branch, own judicial system, own military, own currency structure, etc, etc, based SOLELY on the platform and agenda that their respective party is currently running on and advocates. Remember each country is now self supporting and must rely on it's own resources to viably exist.

Here are the questions being asked:

Would either country survive and become prosperous? If so, which?

Would either country maintain a status as a world power? If so, which?

Would either country quickly become what is currently termed as an economically depressed third world community? If so, which?

OK, what are your thoughts?
My thoughts are that this would be an excellent idea!!

Just point me in the correct direction!!!

I'm not going to answer the questions, because I feel lousy today and not in the mood to debate, BUT, aren't they obvious??

Wink
Don't we already do this with the loons on either coast and the normal people living in the fly over states?
We tried this once.
That damn Lincoln put an end to it Confusednicker:

And yes, it would work, so long as the two stay out of each other business.
nky Wrote:Don't we already do this with the loons on either coast and the normal people living in the fly over states?

But the loons are financially subdidized by all those normal people in the flyover states. You forgot to mention that the loons do have that oasis state that borders Lake Michigan that serves as a loon refuel station on their flyover journies..

With these hypotheical countries, they both have to stand on their own.
Love the question. Will answer when I get home.

Also. Are these country's already in debt? Surplus? Possible wars? Whig party takes the east?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Love the question. Will answer when I get home.

Also. Are these country's already in debt? Surplus? Possible wars? Whig party takes the east?

No, they are not in debt. No wars. No surplus. These are both brand new countries starting from scratch with there possible failures or successes predicated solely on the criteria I mentioned in the thread opener..

Whomever has either coast is not relevant in this case. I just wanted each country to have a port of entry for trade purposes.
Granny Bear Wrote:My thoughts are that this would be an excellent idea!!

Just point me in the correct direction!!!

I'm not going to answer the questions, because I feel lousy today and not in the mood to debate, BUT, aren't they obvious??

Wink

Hope you get to feeling better Granny. Your opinion is both vital and valuable to the website.
What happens when you've got people like me that would rather live in the west? If I got to live out west, I'd gladly go with whichever party rules it. I am flexible, especially when it suits me. :biggrin:
Bob Seger Wrote:Hope you get to feeling better Granny. Your opinion is both vital and valuable to the website.

Thanks Bob; that's so nice of you to say and actually makes me feel a little better. Thing is, I lost a good friend very unexpectidly yesterday. This guy was such a kind man, and an intrigual part of HC's athletic program. So, got NO sleep last night and today I'm feeling like an "old bear"!!
TheRealVille Wrote:What happens when you've got people like me that would rather live in the west? If I got to live out west, I'd gladly go with whichever party rules it. I am flexible, especially when it suits me. :biggrin:

I'm proud of you RealVille!! This is the most truthful and forthcoming statement I've ever read from you!!
:Clap:
Granny Bear Wrote:I'm proud of you RealVille!! This is the most truthful and forthcoming statement I've ever read from you!!
:Clap:

Nice lol
TheRealVille Wrote:What happens when you've got people like me that would rather live in the west? If I got to live out west, I'd gladly go with whichever party rules it. I am flexible, especially when it suits me. :biggrin:

Good greif, RV. Since you are going to make such a fuss over it, we'll let you and the rest of the "conservatives" have the west coast then. Now does that make you happy? Sheeesh, what a big baby you can be at times.:biggrin:
Granny Bear Wrote:Thanks Bob; that's so nice of you to say and actually makes me feel a little better. Thing is, I lost a good friend very unexpectidly yesterday. This guy was such a kind man, and an intrigual part of HC's athletic program. So, got NO sleep last night and today I'm feeling like an "old bear"!!

Sorry to hear of your loss Granny. Prayers for the Harlan Co. community.
Granny Bear Wrote:Thanks Bob; that's so nice of you to say and actually makes me feel a little better. Thing is, I lost a good friend very unexpectidly yesterday. This guy was such a kind man, and an intrigual part of HC's athletic program. So, got NO sleep last night and today I'm feeling like an "old bear"!!
Hate to hear about your friend. It sucks when we lose good people in our lives.
Thank you guys!!

Check out the Tribute to Joe Bill in this forum; lots of folks loved him very much.
It was just so danged unexpected, you know?
Now, I'm actually wondering what has TheRealVille in such a good mood!! Perhaps it's the fact that I haven't posted anything nasty in the last several hours??
Granny Bear Wrote:Now, I'm actually wondering what has TheRealVille in such a good mood!! Perhaps it's the fact that I haven't posted anything nasty in the last several hours??
No, private lives, away from politics, is where we should show compassion to our friends on BGR. If you lose a friend, I truly feel bad for you. I've been there.
Awwww...haven't seen this side of you before.
You should show it more often.
Based on the ideas and policies I see being pushed and supported from both parties, both new countries would eventually fail, they would just do it in different ways.
Here are the questions being asked:

Would either country survive and become prosperous? If so, which?

Would either country maintain a status as a world power? If so, which?

Would either country quickly become what is currently termed as an economically depressed third world community? If so, which?

Intriguing, the only two "likes" to Beetle's post......

I think all these questions are asking essentially the same thing. Both countries would survive for a short while. However, in the end, only one would succeed in becoming a world power. IMO

It's totally obvious to me....(maybe this is a trap), but the country with the hard working, industrious people would succeed; the other would fail. I liken the one side with the founding fathers and new colonists of America. They worked, scraped, endured hardships AND helped others not so fortunate WHEN THE NEEDED HELP. And YES, they built it by themselves! I remember as a child, we were never what anyone would call "well off", but my daddy worked every day of his life, sometimes two jobs. As simple a life that we lived, my parents ALWAYS were aware of those in need, particularly widows with children. Now this is going to mix in religion a little bit, so I won't go into a lot of detail but they were both convinced that widows with children were an issue that they needed to both address and act upon.....this being part of their faith.

I also remember (Geezzzz such a lonnng time ago) giving people "poundings". These folks, for some reason or another, were on hard times. Since money was so scarce, the community would provide food items, sort of like a baby shower, but instead of gifts to use, gifts of food were given.

This is where I think the countries differ so greatly, and the difference results in their success and/or failure.....

The folks receiving the "gifts" were humbled by them, and attempted to work themselves to maintain their lifestyle. Not one time do I remember anyone "expecting" handouts; quite the contrary it was almost a humiliation.

IMO, one of the countries would be populated by people expecting and demanding their "entitlements". Well if everyone feels that way, who in the hell is going to provide it? Nobody works to provide food, or firewood, or upkeep, etc etc.

Bottom line, I believe in my heart that Obama is killing this country. Romney was never my first choice to run against him, but that's who we have...those two are our choices. And to me, there's only one choice. It's not so much a vote for Romney, but a vote against Obama and what he has brought to American for the past 4 years.

To close, this is just my opinion. I know it's simple and basic but I didn't mean to be confrontational to anyone.
Beetle01 Wrote:Based on the ideas and policies I see being pushed and supported from both parties, both new countries would eventually fail, they would just do it in different ways.

That's all pretty broad. How about going into a little more detail.

So I can basicly take what you are saying is that since the current United States is a combination of both of these hypothetical country's ideas, agendas, etc. it is the destiny of this current country to fail.

Beetle, Wildcat and Realville, are you all saying that the United States of America is on the verge of collapse and is destined to fail?
ttt
Bob Seger Wrote:That's all pretty broad. How about going into a little more detail.

So I can basicly take what you are saying is that since the current United States is a combination of both of these hypothetical country's ideas, agendas, etc. it is the destiny of this current country to fail.

Beetle, Wildcat and Realville, are you all saying that the United States of America is on the verge of collapse and is destined to fail?
No, I said I want to go with whichever party gets the west coast.