Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UFO Spotted in Pike Co, Ky
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
VIRGIE, Ky. (WSAZ) -- An object spotted in the sky by several people across Pike County last week has still not been identified. One local astronomer captured pictures and video of it through his telescope.

"It wasn't anything I recognized. Definitely not an airplane, and I've never seen a helicopter that looked like that," said Allen Epling.

Sightings of the object have been reported in Kentucky, Virginia, and Tennessee, but it has yet to be identified.

Epling says even with his background in astronomy, it is unlike anything he has ever seen.

"Looked like two fluorescent bulbs, side by side, parallel, shining very brightly," said Epling. "It would get so bright they would seem to merge, and you could see it very clearly with the naked eye. Then it would dim down almost invisible."

Even stranger, the object barely moved. It hovered in the same area for more than two hours.

"I don't understand how it could stay up there in one place. There was no sign of propellers or any kind of proportion system. No gas is coming out," said Epling.

Police in the area say they received a handful of calls about the object, but they were unable to locate it.

Airport officials say they do not have any records of aircraft flying through the area at that time.

Epling says his best guess is that it is some sort of balloon, but his research has not turned up anything similar. And he says it had to be hovering at an altitude of at least 100,000 feet.

"Contradictory, if it's a balloon, how could it maintain its structure at that altitude?" Epling said.

For now it remains unidentified, better known as a UFO.

Epling put his video of the object on YouTube. It has had more than 30,000 views.

http://www.WSAZ.com
Wow; great video...I love this stuff!!!!
White glow sticks floating in the air
no point of reference to gage how big it is
I was in South Williamson and thats all everyone was talking about.
We had about 15 calls into WYMT about this when it happened.
This is retarded...
No it isn't!!

Obama making a get away???
HawksRule Wrote:This is retarded...

Why so
HawksRule Wrote:This is retarded...
better watch out that maybe a federal offense
Congress banned the use of the words "retard" and "retardation" in 2010 in federal health, education and labor laws in favor of using the words "intellectual disability." The American Psychiatric Association also plans to replace the term "mental retardation" with "intellectual development disorder" in the fifth version of The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, to be published by in 2013.
http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2010/09/27...he-r-word/
Buddy showed me this today. What could this possibly be besides a UFO?
It was a scratch on his lens Confusednicker:

More than likely it was indeed a UFO from outer space wanting to come here, then they seen Obama, the economy, and fuel prices so they rushed back home before they had to refuel...
Just so everyone knows..
And for Hawksrules sake..

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object..

Which means, someone could have gotten a dildo and attached glow sticks to it, rocket launched it into the sky.

So the moral of the story HawksRule IS...
If your not in the "flying object" or next to it..
You don't know what it is! Which is where the unidentified part comes from!

Great stuff happens when you listen huh!?
The video is legit obviously..
It's from a KY native because they do not know how to hold a camera still.
Ballers Wrote:Just so everyone knows..
And for Hawksrules sake..

UFO = Unidentified Flying Object..

Which means, someone could have gotten a dildo and attached glow sticks to it, rocket launched it into the sky.

So the moral of the story HawksRule IS...
If your not in the "flying object" or next to it..
You don't know what it is! Which is where the unidentified part comes from!

Great stuff happens when you listen huh!?
Confusednicker:Confusednicker:

I was going to make the point of this thing being "unidentified" as opposed to "alien spacecraft", but you did it so much more eloquantly that I ever could!!!
It was a still! You have to be careful with those things......

[Image: mqdefault.jpg]
Flying Shine!!

LOL
I'm thinking it could have been the remnants of Felix's balloon. You know, the guy who used a big ass balloon to float 127,000 feet into the air and jumped? I wouldn't be surprised if that's what this actually is. Where else would that balloon go? Pretty sure it wasn't deflated on the spot, so it's likely floated this way.
^
Interesting, hadnt thought of that...
BCF4L Wrote:I'm thinking it could have been the remnants of Felix's balloon. You know, the guy who used a big ass balloon to float 127,000 feet into the air and jumped? I wouldn't be surprised if that's what this actually is. Where else would that balloon go? Pretty sure it wasn't deflated on the spot, so it's likely floated this way.

That would be cool.
Am I the only one on this board that would have taken a shot at it?
No, you aren't!!

It was too high to be in range....
My buddy and I sat several nights in his backyard last summer, and saw something that looked like an orange light fly over, and then double back and go the direction in which it first came. It was totally quiet, and moved fairly slow, but faster than you would think a weather balloon would go. We haven't saw it this summer, but saw it 4-5 times last summer.
BCF4L Wrote:I'm thinking it could have been the remnants of Felix's balloon. You know, the guy who used a big ass balloon to float 127,000 feet into the air and jumped? I wouldn't be surprised if that's what this actually is. Where else would that balloon go? Pretty sure it wasn't deflated on the spot, so it's likely floated this way.
The balloon part didn't come back down with the capsule, when its shoot brought it back down?
This just goes to prove...

Anything awesome that happens, happens in Virgie!
White Lightening?
[YOUTUBE="weird"]0pzHteIWvMc[/YOUTUBE]
Funny how so many people seen this at the same time