Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: National Bologna Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
October 24, 2012 is National Bologna Day

Today is National Bologna Day! Bologna is a lunchtime favorite for sandwich lovers across the country. Although this American sausage is spelled bologna, it is commonly pronounced "baloney." In some parts of the country it is also referred to as “jumbo.”
Bologna can be made with beef, pork, chicken, or turkey. It is cooked and smoked with a wonderful bouquet of spices that add to its delicious flavor. There are many different variations including German bologna and Kosher bologna.
Did you know that Americans eat 800 million pounds of bologna annually? Add a slice or two to your sandwich today to celebrate National Bologna Day!:trolldad:
I like mine fried with vidalia onions, and a garden tomato!!
Yummmmm
^i agree with the onion.

I usually top mine with mayo as well.
Yay!! Guess I am making a fried bologna sandwich when I get home from work!
It does sorta make you want one, doesn't it!!
Everyday should be National Bologna Day!

I like mine fried with cheese, lettuce, tomoato, and mayo. Like Granny Bear said, onions are ok too.
Granny Bear Wrote:It does sorta make you want one, doesn't it!!

Yeah, weird thing is I knew nothing about National Bologna Dat but, I have been craving Fried Bologna sandwiches and I think I had one almost everyday last week!