Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: I don't know why I thought of this..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But I did some thinking today on my way home from work.
And to be honest, in my conclusion everyone in Kentucky should be happy that we are not New York or Cali, or some rich state. If there was ever another Great Depression, epidemic, some kind of crazy crisis to hit us - I think Kentucky would be one of the better states to live in.

Think about it for a second. Home cooking is not just a term for the Huddle House to use. When you think about home cooking you think about home town heros, chickens in the barn, sausage, bacon, eggs, fixed by the granny of the house.

Kentucky people will survive no matter what is put into this country imo. We just know too many ways around everything. It's really the hills that have gave us the special gifts we have.

Kentucky people would make it, of course times would be a lot harder with a Depression at hand.. But our people, our ancestors was born and bred for this kind of stuff. So when the end of the world talk starts again, when the "OH NO THE DEPECIT IS BAD!!" talk happens again.. Just think about where you are.. If a zombie apocolypse was to happen, we'd be in the same situation.. Better than the rest - just like UK basketball.
I swear Ballers, I just love you!!

And I agree with you.

Let's say the worst happens, and the world as we know it loses a lot of technology and money driven commodities.....you couldn't live in a better place than right here!!

At least in this part of the country, most folks my age have participated in gathering food and resources to preserve and use in the future. When I was young (YES I was young at one time!), I remember helping my mother and grandmother store different types of food for the upcoming winter. My Granny used to say that every family needed at least 250 cans of "stuff" before they could make it through the winter. "Stuff" referred to canning, sweet potatoes, beans, pickled corn, chow-chow, etc etc. Also, we had to have enough ground corn for meal and corn to feed the livestock. We grew a LOT of corn!! We normally slaughtered a hog, and my daddy would preserve it some way or another.....either my salting or other methods.....to hang in the smoke house, and use during hard times. And let me tell you NOTHING from that hog was wasted. Even the chickens were thinned down; you kept 2 of the younger roosters and some hens, but all the old hens were killed and canned. We dug a root cellar every year, and lined it with hay..to hold apples, cabbage, potatoes and anything else that we wanted to use as "fresh". Sometimes they made it, sometimes they didn't....guess that's why we had to dig a new one every year... Smile

This probably sounds a little grotesque, but it was just a way of life back then.
Ballers Wrote:But I did some thinking today on my way home from work.
And to be honest, in my conclusion everyone in Kentucky should be happy that we are not New York or Cali, or some rich state. If there was ever another Great Depression, epidemic, some kind of crazy crisis to hit us - I think Kentucky would be one of the better states to live in.

Think about it for a second. Home cooking is not just a term for the Huddle House to use. When you think about home cooking you think about home town heros, chickens in the barn, sausage, bacon, eggs, fixed by the granny of the house.

Kentucky people will survive no matter what is put into this country imo. We just know too many ways around everything. It's really the hills that have gave us the special gifts we have.

Kentucky people would make it, of course times would be a lot harder with a Depression at hand.. But our people, our ancestors was born and bred for this kind of stuff. So when the end of the world talk starts again, when the "OH NO THE DEPECIT IS BAD!!" talk happens again.. Just think about where you are.. If a zombie apocolypse was to happen, we'd be in the same situation.. Better than the rest - just like UK basketball.

Ballers you need to stop smoking that stuff while your driving. :trolldad2:
OMG!!

I understood him, and I'm smoking nothing!!

Wink
I know Blackcat personally, he knows I don't smoke.. He's the smoker.
^^
:thatsfunn
Granny Bear Wrote:OMG!!

I understood him, and I'm smoking nothing!!

Wink

LOL, i understand him to Granny. I'm just giving him hell. Like i told him yesterday, it makes a lot of sense.
In the words of Hank Jr "A Country Boy Can Survive"
"I can skin a buck and run a trot line!"