Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Beechwood @ Newport Catholic 10/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's one of the best rivalries in the state. 11 time state champ Beechwood goes to Newport Stadium Friday night to take on longtime rival and 4 time state champ NewCath.

Both teams got off to slow starts, but have gotten healthy and have greatly improved coming off pretty tough pre district schedules. 6-3 Beechwood features star RB and LB Max Nussbaum, NCC has stud RB Dylan Hayes.

Both teams have won their district this year and are looking to rocket into the playoffs with a win. Who ya got?
Beechwood makes NCC their Mrs.
Well I hate to say what I am about to say, but before I do, I will state my reasons. Both teams played Simon-Kenton. Beechwood came out 4 points better than New Cath. Both teams played Holmes. New Cath came out 7 points better than the wood. Both teams played Cov Holy Cross. New Cath came out 6 points better than the wood. Both teams played Dixie Heights. New Cath came out 10 points better than the wood. Based upon that, the fact that the wood has gotten them in the past couple years (which I'm sure has New Cath really wanting this one) and the fact that it is at New Cath leaves me with but one option. New Cath by 4.
Beechwood by 10.
Beechwood in close game.
I think Beechwood shows the rest of the western 1a bracket that they are back and ready to make a run. I like the wood by 2 tds. Just what my guts telling me.
Easily the best game in NKY on an annual basis. Games are always close. NewCath is due. 31-28.
mysonis55 Wrote:Well I hate to say what I am about to say, but before I do, I will state my reasons. Both teams played Simon-Kenton. Beechwood came out 4 points better than New Cath. Both teams played Holmes. New Cath came out 7 points better than the wood. Both teams played Cov Holy Cross. New Cath came out 6 points better than the wood. Both teams played Dixie Heights. New Cath came out 10 points better than the wood. Based upon that, the fact that the wood has gotten them in the past couple years (which I'm sure has New Cath really wanting this one) and the fact that it is at New Cath leaves me with but one option. New Cath by 4.

I agree with your basic synopsis, the one think i dont know about is what Beechwoods injuries were and how much of an effect it had in the outcomes of the games you were using for ur analysis, I do believe that in a rivalry game that it does come down to who wants it more a team like Beechwood doesnt get to where they are by taking anyone for granted. Whoever doesnt turn the ball over wins this game. I really think the Wood is looking for some statewide respect due to their rough start their d will be fired up which gives them a plus one in tovers so im going with the Wood by 6. 20 to 14
NCC by 11
After seeing both teams play, Beechwood by 14
rednblackattack Wrote:I agree with your basic synopsis, the one think i dont know about is what Beechwoods injuries were and how much of an effect it had in the outcomes of the games you were using for ur analysis, I do believe that in a rivalry game that it does come down to who wants it more a team like Beechwood doesnt get to where they are by taking anyone for granted. Whoever doesnt turn the ball over wins this game. I really think the Wood is looking for some statewide respect due to their rough start their d will be fired up which gives them a plus one in tovers so im going with the Wood by 6. 20 to 14

Both teams had significant injuries. BWood was w/out Nussbaum and NewCath was without 4-6 starters (some 2 way) depending on the week.
rednblackattack Wrote:I agree with your basic synopsis, the one think i dont know about is what Beechwoods injuries were and how much of an effect it had in the outcomes of the games you were using for ur analysis, I do believe that in a rivalry game that it does come down to who wants it more a team like Beechwood doesnt get to where they are by taking anyone for granted. Whoever doesnt turn the ball over wins this game. I really think the Wood is looking for some statewide respect due to their rough start their d will be fired up which gives them a plus one in tovers so im going with the Wood by 6. 20 to 14

Both teams had significant injuries. BWood was w/out Nussbaum and NewCath was without 4-6 starters (some 2 way) depending on the week.
Beechwood by 14
That is true about the injuries. There is nothing that is a given about this game other than it will be a great game. I would love for it to be the wood that prevails because that looks better for all of us 1a teams. Besides that the wood fans are always very classy and seem to understand football.
BEECHWOOD 24 NEWCATH 21 LETS GO 1A From WILLIAMSBURG KENTUCKY.pay No attentions to mysonis55 they only play with about 12 player a game.one man team on offense hahaConfusedmoke:
Yippee. I've seen better jr league match ups than this game this year. Beechwood 7-6
Welcome to a real site sur64.:welcome: I guess you got on here to tell Beechwood just how the east is gonna send Williamsburg to BG to beat anyone of us that come out of the west.:thanks: Or are you already looking for an alternative team, I think this would make your 24th on the year.Confusednicker:
NCC by 10
Congrats to NCC on the win.