Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands @ Ryle 10/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ryle has not won a home game all year and will lose this game on Friday. I think Ryle can hold highlands to 50 unless they quit not themselves.
Highlands 49. Ryle 15
What happened to Ryle? It's like a boogy man showed up and cut their nads off. 56-14 only because the Birds call off the dogs early and let the 2nd and 3rd teams get some PT.
Highlands by 42
I want ryle to win,But fth just out implants to much talent. Sorry ryle maybe next year.
Highlands
Live video on iHigh.com at 7:15
we are all implants
Implants are just as good as the real thing. I would take some good implants any day
Sawmill has given away the secret of Highlands success. All the players are mechanically enhanced cyborgs! All the "implants" make them unbeatable!

"We are Birds. Lower your shields and surrender your team. Resistance is futile."
Frozenbird Wrote:Sawmill has given away the secret of Highlands success. All the players are mechanically enhanced cyborgs! All the "implants" make them unbeatable!

"We are Birds. Lower your shields and surrender your team. Resistance is futile."

Well we all know your beatable.
Highlands
Bluebirds + Running Clock
sawmill Wrote:Well we all know your beatable.

Never said Highlands was not.

BTW, what in the world were you attempting to indicate by "implants"?
bluebirds by 52.
this one is pretty easy, we all know who the better team is. This one won't be close

Ryle by 35 Wink
Frozenbird Wrote:Never said Highlands was not.

BTW, what in the world were you attempting to indicate by "implants"?

If your school district is 6.7 s miles where do all these players come from I get the fact you got good coaches and a great program. Ft population is only 16k people and yet you have endless supply on great football players. Coaches are one thing but and endless talent pool to pick from. So where do all these people live there s no room for new developments there.
I did see collinsworth recruiting for you guys sunday night football, just say n.

So do people live there for thier little jonny to play football then move back to ohio. So the next crop can have a place to live. :rockon:
Sigh. The recruiting stuff again. Please report any violations, with supporting evidence, to the KHSAA. If someone wants to move to the city because of the superior school system, whether academics or football, it seems to be their right at present. There are, as far as I am aware, NO students on the varsity team who did not attend middle school in district and no out of state students. (Per information provided by others in other threads.)

Sorry that Cris Collinsworth married a girl from Ft Thomas who lived in Ft Thomas and graduated from Highlands and then decided to move with her and their kids to Ft Thomas and then have their kids go to Highlands as opposed to whatever school you root for. If he wants to help coach the team, as an involved parent he has the right. If he can generate additional coverage for the team, fine.

You really come across as extremely jealous.
sawmill Wrote:If your school district is 6.7 s miles where do all these players come from I get the fact you got good coaches and a great program. Ft population is only 16k people and yet you have endless supply on great football players. Coaches are one thing but and endless talent pool to pick from. So where do all these people live there s no room for new developments there.
I did see collinsworth recruiting for you guys sunday night football, just say n.

So do people live there for thier little jonny to play football then move back to ohio. So the next crop can have a place to live. :rockon:

:trolldad: dont ask dont tell
Highlands 49

Ryle 14
Stardust Wrote:Bluebirds + Running Clock

You've been around Lefty and I too much. Confusednicker:
Last time the birds played there they lost in a close won. Pissed Birds... Ryle won't be overlooked. Bad news for Ryle.
Plus Ryle isnt a hard hitting Ravens-like squad with D1 playermakers anymore. far from it, just look at their schedule.

Birds by 20 or more.
sawmill Wrote:If your school district is 6.7 s miles where do all these players come from I get the fact you got good coaches and a great program. Ft population is only 16k people and yet you have endless supply on great football players. Coaches are one thing but and endless talent pool to pick from. So where do all these people live there s no room for new developments there.

Wikipedia: what a great site too look stuff up^ Yeah not all of that 6.7 miles are zoned for ft thomas schools. There are pockets around the city zoned for county (campbell) Also there are a good amount of kids who live in the Fort who go to NewCath. Either go to highlands/Ncc and pay tuition or go to campbell co. walk to school or drive less than 1 mile. Or drive 8 miles out of the way, or have your child on a bus for some up to an hour one way.

I have a great book for you to read. Its all about highlands football.
Little Jon's dad played there (won state)...and Grandpa also played (him too won State)

Example for ya last name, fennell

Fennell jr won 1943: 10-1 "Mythical" State Champion
Fennell III Won 1968: 13-0 Class AA Champion
Fennell IV won 2000: 14-1 Class AAA Champion

I know its really hard to believe our players live here, Have grown up here. And yes its true there are some who move or pay tuition to come but the home grown out number the so called "out of state kid".

yeah like my know my Second grader is going to be an all stete player when he gets up too the high school. Not at all at this point....but he see what his older brother has done the last few years. If he wants a shot at it he has to start now. Ft thomas doesn't start its jr league til 3rd grade but we have a flag football from 1-2 grade. So he will Drink the " kool aid" for the next 6 years. And til then if he works hard and stays with it only good things will happen.
Also a lot of kids who lived here go off to school then come back to start their familys here as well.

Football is a Life Lesson. Life isn't fair. Young men must be taught to deal with unfairness and adversity. Turn to your coaches, turn to your fellow teammates to get through these games.

Go birds, and good luck to your team in the playoffs
Frozenbird Wrote:Sigh. The recruiting stuff again.

I get tired of this... from both sides of the aisle

Highlands has recruited in the past and I've got proof to show they do. I grew up right next to Mike Mitchell and in the same neighborhood as Mike Stowers, and if anyone truly believes they just transferred to Highlands on their own is wrong. they were pushed hard to transfer there.

BUT, Highlands didn't break any rules when they got those guys and several other outsiders. Coaches didn't contact them, no money or favors were exchanged, all that happened was a few Highlands players talked those guys into going to Highlands. They weren't instructed by coaches, teachers, alumni to do so. Is it recruiting, by the definition yes, but by the rules, it wasn't illegal.
toussaints Wrote:I get tired of this... from both sides of the aisle

Highlands has recruited in the past and I've got proof to show they do. I grew up right next to Mike Mitchell and in the same neighborhood as Mike Stowers, and if anyone truly believes they just transferred to Highlands on their own is wrong. they were pushed hard to transfer there.

BUT, Highlands didn't break any rules when they got those guys and several other outsiders. Coaches didn't contact them, no money or favors were exchanged, all that happened was a few Highlands players talked those guys into going to Highlands. They weren't instructed by coaches, teachers, alumni to do so. Is it recruiting, by the definition yes, but by the rules, it wasn't illegal.

:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn:thatsfunn
Frozenbird Wrote:Sigh. The recruiting stuff again. Please report any violations, with supporting evidence, to the KHSAA. If someone wants to move to the city because of the superior school system, whether academics or football, it seems to be their right at present. There are, as far as I am aware, NO students on the varsity team who did not attend middle school in district and no out of state students. (Per information provided by others in other threads.)

Give it up already.....

Out of 91 boys on the current Varsity/JV Highlands team, there are exactly 8 from out of district. The math = 8.79%...2 from Kenton County, and the remaining 6 from Campbell County. Ours did not attend middle school in Ft Thomas, although he did play in the FTJFL. He knew in first grade that he wanted to go to Highlands for school and play football. What's the big deal? Less than 9% of the boys are from outside the district and some of you make it sound like it was 99%...I guarantee that Dixie Heights has more out of district players than Highlands. Anyone ever wonder where Mr Pike would've played? Scott...highly doubtful he would've gone to school there though.

The education at Highlands is above and beyond any of the area schools with exceptions given to the private Catholic schools and Beechwood, another independent.

While I cannot profess to know Mike Mitchell for very long, it didn't take a lengthy conversation with him to figure out how much he strongly disliked his former school.

Get over yourself, give it a rest, drop it, whatever.....:HitWall: