Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Soda Companies to end most school sales
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
there are goin to be a lot of pissed people i think
At Prestonsburg they have already replaced regular pop with diet pop
Yeah I'm sure a lot of people will be pissed.
Alot of people are mad at my school
They already removed all pop from Prestonsburg Elem.
I think they took it away a year or 2 ago
Im pissed and im not even in school anymore, lol. I think its dumb myself...parents are mad cause their kids are fat....its not the soda companies fault...
They have taken away our pop but they still sell us any candy we want. Something's not right here
they will probably end up taking our candy too lol
they are tryin to make kids eat more healthy but the truth is they get their eating habits from home!
blackcatfan_48 Wrote:they will probably end up taking our candy too lol

They wont take my candy without a fight lol :baldbull:
Diet pop is actually worse than regular.
I think they should let especially high school kids drink and eat what they want.
I'm out of there in a few days and i don't drink pop so it doesn't bother me one bit. It does suck for some people tho.
They took out pop and gatorade at Southside Elementary in Belfry..all they have now is water. I dont see why they would take out gatorade.
PopSmile Funny to me, I just refer to them all as coke.

The article didn't even mention that soft drinks cause cancer, which, to me, is a bigger deal than obesity
I was watching on the news last night that if you drink one pop a day, then after a year you will have gained 15 pounds. I drink about 3-4 a day so now I see where my weight gain is coming from. Which eating like a horse doesn't help anything either. But I think it's rediculous taking pop out of schools. If people wanna drink it, then let that be their choice.
BCF4L Wrote:I was watching on the news last night that if you drink one pop a day, then after a year you will have gained 15 pounds. I drink about 3-4 a day so now I see where my weight gain is coming from. Which eating like a horse doesn't help anything either. But I think it's rediculous taking pop out of schools. If people wanna drink it, then let that be their choice.

Alls I drink during and in between meals is Sunkist and coke, and I eat 24/7, my metabolism's so screwed up from my injury that I don't gain a single pound.
BFritz Wrote:Alls I drink during and in between meals is Sunkist and coke, and I eat 24/7, my metabolism's so screwed up from my injury that I don't gain a single pound.
Must be nice. (Not to be in an accident, but to have a metabolism where you don't gain weight). I used to be able eat anything and everything without gaining weight, but not now.
I don't see what the big deal is. It was never for sale at Pikeville while I was there. Something wrong with trying to be healthy that it pisses people off?
BCF4L Wrote:I was watching on the news last night that if you drink one pop a day, then after a year you will have gained 15 pounds. I drink about 3-4 a day so now I see where my weight gain is coming from. Which eating like a horse doesn't help anything either. But I think it's rediculous taking pop out of schools. If people wanna drink it, then let that be their choice.

hahah that's bull.. i drink half a case a nite.. about 6 or 7. depending on my thirst.. i dont' gain a pound..
BCF4L Wrote:Must be nice. (Not to be in an accident, but to have a metabolism where you don't gain weight). I used to be able eat anything and everything without gaining weight, but not now.

Actually, I don't like the not being able to gain weight, even when I lift weights regularly, I don't put on weight or muscle. Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna be fat, but I look like an anorexic kid
I drink some pop...I drink Dr. Pepper alot now and alot of water. I rarely ever drink any other pop. I like the Vault stuff they have now. In a way I wish we still had regular pop here at Sf because I pay $1.00 for a diet dr. pepper and I usually don't drink half of it because it makes me sick and they are all sold out of water 9/10 days.
They took pop and Gatorade out of East Ridge and replaced it with water, flavored water, and juice at lunch.
well at our school they took gatorade and replaced it with flavored water and water too but also we still have pop machines??...wth?..lol