Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2013 WYMT Mountain Classic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Tuesday, January 8th - Saturday, January 12, 2013

13th Region
Clay County Tigers
Harlan Co. Black Bears
North Laurel Jaguars

14th Region
Breathitt Co. Bobcats
Hazard Bulldogs
Knott Central Patriots
Perry Central Commodores

15th Region
Betsy Layne Bobcats

North Laurel has been added to the final field, replacing Sheldon Clark. Either way the brackets set up, this is the most loaded the tournament has been in years and maybe in history. There are around 15 of the most solid players the mountains have to offer. Names like Carson, Allen, Brewer, Sergent, Massengil, McDaniel, Reed, Noble, Hamilton, Hollan, Justice, Hall, Beverly, Johnson (?), Cornett, etc. I mean, really? The 13th and 14th regions have all of their best teams performing. Should be the most entertaining of all time.
Looks to be another exciting Tourney!

Was Johnson Central invited?
What are the brackets for this?
Wy is there a "?" next to Johnson's name?
OffTheHook Wrote:Wy is there a "?" next to Johnson's name?

Likely because he is ineligible at the moment.
Altro Cat Wrote:Likely because he is ineligible at the moment.

If it were an in county transfer he would already be cleared...lol.
Someone from the 14th will win the WYMT classic.
Going to be one of the most talent packed WYMT's in my memory. The field is literally stacked and should have good game after good game. The 14th region is a little ahead of the 13th right now but this should give the North, Clay and Harlan Co a good chance to show where they stand.
I don't believe the brackets have been created yet and that is why there is a "?" after Johnson's name.
I hope when they do make the final choices for the first round they split everyone up. Not have one side, one region heavy.
They should have been in there. Would have put it over the top.
?
Johnson Central should have been in the field. If they would have been, there may not be a tournament in the state that could beat it. As for Justin Johnson, the eligibility issues still loom. Sorry about that.
I cant wait to this tournament! It's going to be a good one. I love the addition of NL.
UKCC Wrote:Johnson Central should have been in the field. If they would have been, there may not be a tournament in the state that could beat it. As for Justin Johnson, the eligibility issues still loom. Sorry about that.

I agree. If JC is there. But, It is still a very nice field!
Every game should be great, PC and Breathitt should be
the top 2 teams. I agree, this could be the best WYMT ever.
Johnson will be elgiable by Nov15th
If Perry has to file an Injuction.
North Laurel definitely brings something to the table. And I would be shocked if Johnson weren't playing come December.
OK this is a great tourney, sure, however, I hate the fact that the 15th region is so under-represented almost every year! If this is truly a "Mountain" tournament the let's have the top 4 teams from each MOUNTAIN region in there every year. They can do pods of three teams each in a round robin and then the top 4 can play for the semis and championship. The champ would play 4 games to win it just like the sweet 16. Anyone agree?
^Sounds good to me.
Lleyton21 Wrote:OK this is a great tourney, sure, however, I hate the fact that the 15th region is so under-represented almost every year! If this is truly a "Mountain" tournament the let's have the top 4 teams from each MOUNTAIN region in there every year. They can do pods of three teams each in a round robin and then the top 4 can play for the semis and championship. The champ would play 4 games to win it just like the sweet 16. Anyone agree?
Those teams must apply first.
Should be a great tourney. I also would like to see more 15th region teams in tit though.
Does anyone know where the Classic will be held this year? I hope not a long ways away.
Ballers Wrote:Does anyone know where the Classic will be held this year? I hope not a long ways away.

Perry County Central
HC should be the Fav in the 13th. They return All 5 starters, and have good depth.
^^
Fear the pinky!!!!
Ballers Wrote:Does anyone know where the Classic will be held this year? I hope not a long ways away.

They switch between Knott and Perry
Who is playing who?
UKCC Wrote:Johnson Central should have been in the field. If they would have been, there may not be a tournament in the state that could beat it. As for Justin Johnson, the eligibility issues still loom. Sorry about that.
King of the Bluegrass will be the best tournament in state even if JC was in the Mountain Classic.
First of all, I said, "may not be." But, let me rephrase that. On the eastern side of the state.
Pages: 1 2