Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Williamsburg @ Oliver springs TN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
the way Williamsburg is playing lately i'm gonna say

willamsburg 44

oliver springs 14
Wburg by 40.
Oliver Springs is horrible.
I like Williamsburg
williamsburg 48 oliver springs 00 Confusederved: by the
:policeman:policeman:policemanConfusedmoke:
Looks like another tough game in Williamsburgs incredibly difficult non-district schedule
Buffalo Dildos I'm going to tell you one more time this was a game scheduled two years ago. Oliver Springs was very good last year. They wore Williamsburg out. They went to the semi's in TN last year. They had a large group of seniors and are not nearly as good this year. This was a two year contract. Do you understand Buffalo Dildos. This has been addressed many times. I know you are slow on the up take. Read it twice. It may register with you. Do you have any other issues you wish to have explained again?
Please ensure dates of games and put in order of who will be the home team by using the "@" to make it easier to know when these games are being played. The below guidelines are posted in every sporting section, as well as all of the existing threads that are created. If you need help, just let me know.

Thx. SD

ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS - Posting Scores and Creating Prediction Threads

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum...ad.php?t=99032
64SUR Wrote::policeman:policeman:policemanConfusedmoke:

Bet ur a player:pondering:
4-5 2a tn team. They couldn't hang with Fulton Co so I would have to say Wburg by a large margin.
Mysonis55 how many times have you seen Oliver Springs? Fulton County is 1-8 with their victory over Fulton City anther team in your district. Again you are talking about something you know nothing about. I know you are obsessed with 64SUR but you don't need to come on every Williamsburg thread and show how much you have let him get under your skin.He has baited you and is winning the battle. You are generally a pretty good poster but have been baited and are showing your bitterness. 64SUR has served you.
mysonis55:howdy:hookline and sinker ConfusedmallcheeConfusedmallcheeConfusedmallchee
Dude it's not that hard to figure out. Go to Max Preps and check out the teams. They are ranked 25 in 2a. Their schedule looks brutal (lol). They are 4-5. I think I know more about what I am saying than you would like to think. I still think this thing that 64 and I have gotten into is very fun though. I thoroughly enjoy getting on here every day to see what he has said. Im sure he is doing the same thing. It makes for fun. I think it is a great distraction to the season. I simply stated a fact, yall are playing a weakkkkkk team. I picked yall to win big, is there a problem with that. I would think that you would be happy with that pick. It is almost like us playing the Fulton's, it's not even something worthy of a post.
mysonis55 i agree with you it's just about haven't fun.now we are coming to bowling green to play somebody from the west and i have no ideal who it will be it could be beechwood or frankfort it might even be mayfield :lmao:Confusedmoke:
Williamsburg
Oneida is the only good team Williamsburg has played this year. the weak schedule will hurt them come playoff time.
64 I have said this before and I will say it again. I think you are on the right track with this team from Wburg. I just don't think they are ready to take that next step. If they do, I wont be upset. I just have been around football since I was 7. I know that a predominately soph team doesnt do that well late in the playoffs. I think maybe next year or the year after. I do not in any way mean that to be a slam, it is just a proven again and again fact. I also told several times on here, I have a good friend that happens to know someone from there. He had me somewhat rooting for yall, I gotta admit at first I got kinda aggravated by this stuff but, it got to be fun back and forth. I still think you are gonna be eating alot of crow though.
pjdoug Wrote:Oneida is the only good team Williamsburg has played this year. the weak schedule will hurt them come playoff time.

Your first remark is accurate but I disagree with the second one.

On the one hand, having a weaker schedule HAS limited the Jackets exposure to what other good teams look like BUT...

The Jacket starters have usually sat down and let the second team take over some time in the second or third quarter of the vast majority of their games. They haven't taken a beating for the full 4 quarters of 9 or 10 games like the starters of most teams have.

I've heard NFL players say that by the time the playoffs roll around, NONE of the players are playing at 100% because of the beating they've taken through 16 games.

The same is true of high school kids. If you play 4 quarters of 9 or 10 games you WILL have more wear and tear on your body than a player who has played 1 or 2 quarters each game. Even the "healthy" kids who are injury-free come the first round of the playoffs will be feeling the effects of every down they've played through the season. The Jacket starters have played fewer downs than most.

Besides, Williamsburg CAN'T lose this year. If they win state, it will be a special accomplishment by a young team. If they don't, well, so what? They're a young team, what did you expect?
^I must agree with this post. I think a lot of people put way to much stock in strength of schedule. I do think that playing good teams from time to time can be a good thing but this can be a two way street. Playing hard teams one after another can wear you out mentally and physically and lead to injury problems. I think you need a good balance of hard and easy games.
Your blowing a little smoke about Fulton County and Fulton City . Oliver Springs would beat either by 35 points. Fulton county's only win is over Fulton City. Fulton City has one win over a prepatory school. We know you want to project how tough your district is but these two teams are historically amongst the worst in the state. Oliver Springs has wins over similar teams by 50 points. They are not great this year. You either underestimate them or you were exaggerating.
playing a tough schedule is the only way to go.when you play weak teams all year long you don't know how to play against a tough team.none of the traditional powers play a weak schedule.they wont to play against the best and get ready for a playoff run.
pjdoug Wrote:playing a tough schedule is the only way to go.when you play weak teams all year long you don't know how to play against a tough team.none of the traditional powers play a weak schedule.they wont to play against the best and get ready for a playoff run.

Whoever said Williamsburg was a traditional power. I think it is funny how everyone talks about Williamsburg's schedule. Williamsburg fans and coaching staff would love to see more local games be scheduled, and Oneida is a local game for them. Even though I think Oneida pulled out of this series this year. Williamsburg has also pulled out of the Jellico game. I know Harlan also backed out of their annual game with Williamsburg. Local teams like Corbin will not play them either. Williamsburg has a hard time getting games scheduled. I know they played Knox Central for their homecoming game two years in a row when Knox was pretty good. I belive Coach Harron gets whatever games he can get.
E's Army Wrote:Your blowing a little smoke about Fulton County and Fulton City . Oliver Springs would beat either by 35 points. Fulton county's only win is over Fulton City. Fulton City has one win over a prepatory school. We know you want to project how tough your district is but these two teams are historically amongst the worst in the state. Oliver Springs has wins over similar teams by 50 points. They are not great this year. You either underestimate them or you were exaggerating.

I do have to agree with you that Oliver Springs would handle the fulton's pretty easily but i have seen them and outside of a good lineman at Fulton city and Fulton County has one excellent Rb in fact i wish the RB from County were playing elsewhere he could be putting up huge numbers if had a line. That being said you havent seen Fulton County or Fulton City anymore than 55 has seen Oliver Springs. People are going to keep on with the comments about not really knowing how good u are until they play a tougher schedule. They got beat by the one ok team they played. Oneida is the 182 ranked team in Tn so it was not like you got beat by a really good team you got beat by a team that would have lost to Mayfields entire out of district schedule. If you are having trouble getting quality opponents then i understand but if you go above 2a in Tn you will find some decent teams on the East end of the state. Why wouldnt teams in the south central area play yall? Sommerset, pulaski, Corbin. As for 55s feud with Sur64 it is fun to watch so let them go at it. LoL! I know 55 deals with alot worse characters around here in Mayfield so it sure aint gonna bother him
mysonis55 Wrote:4-5 2a tn team. They couldn't hang with Fulton Co so I would have to say Wburg by a large margin.

The burg would be better served if you would get off this and not let your lack of football knowledge show.
The way I see it, fans of these perennial powers wouldn't be responding to trash talk unless they were worried.
What you said was that "they couldn't hang with Fulton County". That is a gross exaggeration or a fabrication. But far from the truth. Oliver Springs is not a powerhouse this year but they are light years better than Fulton County.
Newjacket Wrote:The way I see it, fans of these perennial powers wouldn't be responding to trash talk unless they were worried.

Hardly worried but i do enjoy debating sports with opposing fan bases of 1a schools and truth is our comp in 1a here in the far west is terrible Rusellville played pretty tough and even though we won by 3 scores it is fun to have a little district competition. I just like to respond to the bravado of other teams its competition and fans are going to do that. I however like to get an understanding of our opposing teams even teams in the far end of the state that we wouldnt even see til bg. I have seen alot of trash talk about handling Hazard dominating 1a well based on what i have simply read because i couldnt havent seen Fairview Williamsburg or Raceland. Strength of schedule is all i have to go by. Based on what I know is Hazard has taken their lumps but has played a really tough schedule and has caught the injury bug as a result Fairview is beating the crap out of people but their only claim to fame is beating Raceland another 1a team that hasnt played anybody other than that fairviews schedule is one of the worst in th state. Williamsburg hasnt really beat a high quality opponent either and when they did step outside their box and play a midlevel 2a tn team and they got beat. Oliver Springs wont be a test either the Burg should win in big fashion i do believe Springs would destroy the fultons if they played, truth is that is irrelevant Oliver Springs is a mediocre opponent and will see Williamsburgs starters watching a good deal of the second half. Which as i understand according to a previous poster a big strength for them since we havent seen much of their star players. Well that can bite you on the but if your star players havent been battle tested. I really do enjoy going back and forth with you guys yall have a passion for the game that is respectable. I am really hoping that if Mayfield gets to BG to face Hazard and settle a 1to 1 tie with them in th title game. However if not them i would love to face Williamsburg sounds like you guys are athletic and fast it would be a fun game.
As usual, you guys are taking this way out of context or maybe misunderstanding me. I do not know how you get that I was talking smack about your team. My point is that the team you are playing is not even worthy of having this post. I really believe this should be a very lopsided game. If you will look on Ky Preps someone started a post on us vs Fulton and the same thing was said right away. The point is, if you are good enough to smash a team like that, then you shouldn't even wonder what anyone thought as far as predictions go. Now as far as trying to say anything about our district, NO WAY. The only thing tough about our district is us having to travel and play a very good Russellville team. I feel bad for the two Fulton's and think they should be one team. Fulton City I think has 16 or so players. Fulton Co has a little more, but not much. I will say they both usually have 1 or 2 skill players that are really good and Fulton Co always has 3 or so huge linemen. If they would combine, they could be very competitive. The problem is pride. Yall are the hardest fans to figure out ever. I say something about yall playing someone that you should kill and you guys get offended. Would you rather someone get on here and say you don't stand a chance in h***?
The truth is Williamsburg is not a traditional power. We have a good group of players come through every few years and the current freshmen and sophomore classes have everyone excited. We have just started teaching the high school system to our little league players over the past few years and hope to build a solid foundation that will lead to us becoming a yearly power, but this year was the first time we have even won our district three years in a row. So, don't expect us to act like we have been there because we haven't yet, but we are coming and we will knock that door down soon, if not this year.
Mysonis55 keep letting everyone know about how you get all your wonderful knowledge on other sites. If BluegrassRivals isn't good enough for you stay over there. Sounds like they agree with your full of crap opinion that you think is fact. Frankfort would be honored to play Williamsburg in Bowling Green. Mayfields time has past!
Pages: 1 2