Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Adair County @ Russell County 10/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The Lakers (9-0) will play host to the Adair County Indians (6-3) on Senior night. Unlike most years, this will not be these seniors last home game.

After dropping their first game of the season, the Indians have gone 6-2 with its only losses coming from a very good Monroe Co and an upset loss to South Warren dropping them to 3rd in their district but still playoff eligible. Adair has had a very respectable season putting up 310 points while allowing 194.

This is the closest thing this two teams have to a cross-town rivalry.

Thoughts/Predictions?
I think Russell will win by 28,i do think Adair will be getting better year after year .think they have good young coaching there now, i just dont think there at russells level this year, lakers are rolling, and on a mission i think.
Russell county
I think the Lakers roll, but this could bea trap game for them too. Just come out and take care of business and don't get caught looking ahead.
Jumper Dad Wrote:I think the Lakers roll, but this could bea trap game for them too. Just come out and take care of business and don't get caught looking ahead.

Agree with Jumper Dad. I think this game will be closer then expected although i feel like Russell will have too much talent and win in the end.

This game could be very well seen as a trap game, as Russell just came off an emotional win. Also with Russell being favored by everyone, it could have the potential of Russell overlooking their opponent.
I don't see the Lakers overlooking any opponents this year. They made that mistake last season, which has provided the motivation to accomplish what they have this year......many of these players don't have next season. So it's one game at a time.....nothing exists past Friday. Just like last week, there will be a business like approach to this game.

One wrung at a time!
Adair Co. has a good record but they've beaten some really bad teams, this game shouldn't be close. Only Campbellsville and maybe S. Laurel are worse teams than Adair.
I think Russell Co. lost focus for North Laurel game, other than that this season has been buisness like, and its gonna stay that way till the seasons over, i think they win by as many as they want.
These young men on the Lakers squad will not lose focus! They are on a mission and will view this game as an opportunity to work on things that can make them better for down the road. I do believe Adair is better but there should be no way that they can hang with the Lakers this year....JV gets a lot of reps in the second half.
Adair County is better this year and should be proud of themselves but Russell County plays at a different level than Adair and most other schools in the state for that matter. These young men on the Russell County team began winning a long time ago in their middle school years.
Russell County by 28
#1 Laker Fan Wrote:Adair County is better this year and should be proud of themselves but Russell County plays at a different level than Adair and most other schools in the state for that matter. These young men on the Russell County team began winning a long time ago in their middle school years.

Thats right, the seniors undefeated middleschool champs, and juniors won middle school championship following year as well.Russell county should score alot of points friday night.
Russel County is to much for Adair County. Lakers by 25.
Russell will win an win big by at least 35, Russell is just to explosive for Adair to handle, keep eye on the goal an finish strong!! hope to see you in about 3 weeks after this Friday good luck from Panther Nation!!
In 2 years this might be a pretty good ball game but right now the Lakers (Britt) are just to much for the Indians to handle.
I couldn't tell when I went back to the field and didn't want to interrupt practice but apparently Adair Co. students vandalized a football building and tore up the practice field.
Russell by four touchdowns.
daybowbow Wrote:I couldn't tell when I went back to the field and didn't want to interrupt practice but apparently Adair Co. students vandalized a football building and tore up the practice field.

Doesn't surprise me. I believe it was last year that they tore up their own field.
Russell County 52

Adair County 13

Russell County is very good i am impressed with them after watching them beat Knox Central @ Knox..
Russell County will win this game, but what a good year so far for Adair compared to past years. Glad to see them at 6-3.

RC 42
AC 12
RC wins big. Coach Gay @ Adair has things going in the right direction for the future though.
daybowbow Wrote:I couldn't tell when I went back to the field and didn't want to interrupt practice but apparently Adair Co. students vandalized a football building and tore up the practice field.

The Lakers will come out and take care of business as usual...but junk like this and trash talk on twitter and facebook only serve to keep our guys motivated to come out and lay a tail whooping on AC! I was worried about our guys remaining focused and motivated for this game. I KNOW THE LAKERS WILL BE READY TO ROLL FRIDAY NIGHT! You tugged on the wrong cape!
PreacherVol71 Wrote:The Lakers will come out and take care of business as usual...but junk like this and trash talk on twitter and facebook only serve to keep our guys motivated to come out and lay a tail whooping on AC! I was worried about our guys remaining focused and motivated for this game. I KNOW THE LAKERS WILL BE READY TO ROLL FRIDAY NIGHT! You tugged on the wrong cape!

Hopefully the staff will direct the focus the right way. We don't need any players getting baited into potential ejections. I know how this game has gone in the past, and am hoping that since Adair has a playoff game, they don't start making this chippy as they have in the past.
Russell Co
Russell Co 54
Adair Co 6
The radio this morning was asking for witnesses or anyone who had information regarding the vandalism. Sounds to me like the police do not know who did it, yet we are accusing the Adair team? What motivation would they have to poke a grizzly like that?
The vandalism says ACHS. They also used gasoline to kill the grass on the game field so it says ACHS 2013 and has a poorly drawn small penis on it. There are a few jokes I could make about that but I'll keep them to myself.
daybowbow Wrote:The vandalism says ACHS. They also used gasoline to kill the grass on the game field so it says ACHS 2013 and has a poorly drawn small penis on it. There are a few jokes I could make about that but I'll keep them to myself.

The damages can be repaired, and the grass will grow back, but I have a feeling that the beating that the Lakers are fixing to put on the Indians will be remembered for many, many years to come.:redboxer: :ChairHit: :redboxer:
russell county
Whatever it takes to get you motivated.
Pages: 1 2