Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prestonsburg 15 Leslie County 7 FINAL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Great game in Hyden. QB Jarredd Jarrell suffered a pretty significant ankle sprain on the opening drive for Prestonsburg. Although he was treated, taped up, and played the remainder of the game, he was pretty much playing on one leg, eliminating one of Prestonsburg's main offensive threats: a mobile QB who can tuck it and run at any time.

Both defenses played very well. Big hats off to the front 6 of Prestonsburg's defense. DE Kyle Wallace played an exceptional game, pressuring LC's QB regularly and recording several sacks. Chase Ousley and Cody Jarrell also recorded sacks, and combined with the Griffith twins at LB, they effectively shut down LC's running game.

Stars of the game were Grant Anderson, and the Prestonsburg O line though. After Jarrell became immobile, Anderson moved to RB in the spread and carried the team. Dalton Frasure also had a big second half last night...something clicked for the kid. He finally stopped trying to outrun people to the corner and started running North and South. As big as he is, he will be a force just running between the tackles. Best he has looked all year.

Leslie County has a very good team, and they played their hearts out. No shame there.

Best of luck to both teams in the playoffs...
Solid win for P-burg and Solid Performance for Leslie Co as well.
Congrats Prestonsburg
good solid game defensily by both
teams. Leslie had a blown coverage and gave pburg a td. but when pbrug got the safty and put them up 9-7 was the difference in this
game. great game by both teams and goodluck to both in the playoffs. Lile
to see these to teams meet in the regional championship myself.
great game, good win for pburg and a heartbreaker for lc. lc had opportunities to win but too many penalties which has been the story of the year for them. honestly though, i think the refs threw too many flags tonight. yea there were some facemasks, illegal blocks etc. but a big majority of the flags was unsportsmanlike conduct like trash talking. imo i think the refs should seperate the players give them a warning and go about their business then if it escalates then throw the flag but dont throw it for just one incident my goodness its the district championship let them play. i watched two very good football teams tonight and i wish the best of luck to both in the playoffs, i wish the best for jarrell, he puts me in mind of the burchett kid that was the star a couple of years ago
Great game by both teams. #6 for Leslie made 2 great catches. Prestonsburg's defensive front played the best i've seen them play all year. I thought they where gonna pitch a tent in Leslie's back field.

What can you say about J. Jarrell? Kid goes down early in the first and looks like he will be out the rest of the game. Throw a little tape on him & he literally limps back onto the field and finishes the game. What heart that kid has.

Williams, Anderson, and Frasure made the plays on offense when needed.

The game balls go to both defense's. One of the best games i've seen on defense from the Blackcats in a long time. Great job guys. Lets keep that momentum going all the way through the playoffs.

Hats off to the Eagles. They knew what was a stake in this game and played like it. Great game Eagles. Good luck with Pineville this week.
Jarrell guts it out. Great job! Without a doubt the best game P-burg's linebackers and D. ends have played all year. Hope this is a sign of a maturing defense just in time for the playoffs. Anderson and Wallace looked great.
Congrats Blackcats.