Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Madison Southern 56 South Laurel 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
56-0. The Eagles completely dominated from start to finish. SL had 2 players ejected.
MS is rolling right now.
Did Harris run wild? SL is a ship without a captain.
Damien had 8 carries for 119 and 2 tds. SL was getting dirty (2 players tossed) so the coaches pulled Damien and few others for the entire 2nd half. MS had 4 guys rush for 100 yards.
You are right SL has some talent but no leadership at all. SL AD will have a $1000 fine to pay come Monday. I doubt the ADMIN will be real happy about the actions of the players and the lack of control the SL coaches seemed to have on their team. MS controlled every aspect of the game.
I don't blame the coaches for pulling Harris. There's no need in getting your star player injured in a game that doesn't mean anything.
South football has become a joke, and im saying that as nicely as i can.

There season is done as well.
There bye was set for next week.

Finished the year 1-9
Congrats to southern
Nice win for MS.

Are the guy's on the Laurel sideline even trying? Yikes.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:South football has become a joke, and im saying that as nicely as i can.

There season is done as well.
There bye was set for next week.

Finished the year 1-9

This quote is sad but true.......sad for the kids but true for this staff. I really dont know that the administration will do all it can to bring in a quality coach to get this program going in the right direction. There absolutely needs to be a complete house cleaning to even start to head in the right direction. This staff lost all control of the program this year. While injuries decimated this team before the district even began, there was no way this staff was going to bring this team together. There was talent on this team and alot of speed until the injuries took over, unfortunatley for the kids the same ol coaching staff lived up to its billing. Started the season with about 55-56 kids and had about 28-30 dressing last night. Pitiful performance.........We will see how serious South Laurel is about football's future in the weeks coming....But I dont look for much to change.
all i can say what happenConfusedmoke:
I hope South makes a true effort to get the best coach available in their next hire. I have not seen anything indicating Welch would be let go. The kids deserve better than this. To hire Welch who was atrocious at North was a slap in the face to the players at South. At least Steve Wright will not head up the hiring committee this time.
Isn't it funny, that Wright goes to SW and now the SW program is going down hill. I know this is way off topic but E brings up a good point. Every place Wright goes a Fb coach who shouldn't be hired is... why is that?
South was just terrible to watch this year.
Is it true that a school gets fined $500 if a player gets ejected? I've that is just a rumor.
Yes, that's a fact. SL would owe 1000
Things are definitely not looking good at South Laurel! Glad that the coaches took Harris out of the game! Congrats MS!