Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County @ Whitley County 10/26
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Thoughts?
When? Can you add the date to the thread?
Whitley has a shot to win this one but i think Jim Black needs to rest his starters and get ready for the playoffs.
Stardust Wrote:When? Can you add the date to the thread?

Im not sure.
Ill have to check with a mod and see....
Now that the playoffs are set and a tiebreaker is not an option, it may be wise to rest some guys, but its senior night. Whitley will play....
Jim Black will play to win. The Colonels have a lot of pride. I don't expect them to roll over for Boyle County.
Neither team has anything to gain at this point in the season other than pride. I think both will come out with their starters and the 1st half will be legit....the 2nd may just be time for second string players on down. I believe the half-time score will be a better indicator of how these teams match-up.

I'm anxious to see if after this game RUITG still thinks Russell Co is the best team they've played. Boyle seems to have put things together coming down the stretch.
Boyle wins. By 3 4 tds.
I think you guys are going a little too NFL on us.....I don't see any "resting" of starters at all unless one team is up 4 or 5 scores which I don't think will happen. Your telling me that if it's a 7 game late in the third that either coach is gonna start sitting some boys for the playoffs ?!? Really don't think so!
Boyle
64black&gold Wrote:I think you guys are going a little too NFL on us.....I don't see any "resting" of starters at all unless one team is up 4 or 5 scores which I don't think will happen. Your telling me that if it's a 7 game late in the third that either coach is gonna start sitting some boys for the playoffs ?!? Really don't think so!

Not sitting, but not taking chances with guys like they would during district play. Guys nursing slight injuries, etc will be used sparingly. I agree to go for the win, but I also think there is a bigger goal in sight. I haven't seen Boyle in person, but from what I've seen on video this should be a hard hitting game.
I doubt either team will rest its starters, and i agree Laker, i wonder if ill leave Friday thinking the RC is still the best.....to be honest, i think i will.
Boyle 45 to 14.
^
Not sure how you came up with that other than being a homer.
You did lose to Danville.....

Who lost to Somerset...
Whitley has a good team and although Boyle did struggle early in the season,it looks like they got things going. I like Whitley in this game at home but I think it will be close. 21-17
I'm a homer alright,and thats got a little to do with it.but mostly i think Boyle is finally starting to hit on all cylenders,and if they were playing Danville next week knowing that they had already lost to them earlier in the season i think Boyle would win easily.you know teams do improve as the season progresses.Whitley may be better than i think,and i mean no disrespect to them,but like i said i think Boyle has really improved,and i honestly think they'll win the region.IMO
^
I do think Boyle are the favorites coming into this game, but Whitley is a lot better than they were last year and this ones at home.
Other than are horrible performance against HC, we've done pretty well this year for a team that only won 3 games last year.

I think it will surprise some folks how close this one may be....
After watching Boyle Co-Mercer on ihigh, I'm not so sure BC should be the favorite. Looked to me like this should be pretty even as long as the WC defense can pickup the play-action. BC has to stop the power without giving to much space against the speed. I'd like to be there for this one.
^
Play action has bit us this year, particularly with the deep ball and short screen or passes to the flats.
Im sure we will be working on that this week. We rarely see it with the competetion we do.
If Whitley gets behind early by say 2 or 3 TDS, by looking at thier stats they'll have problems coming from behind,i see they only have a little over 400 yds passing on the season they sound very one deminsional.Boyles offense has been firing on all cylenders of late they've scored TDS on 17 straight posseisons.
^
We are one dimensional, but weve burnt a lot of people with the pass this year when they load the box.
We only had around 200 passing yards all of last year and we just prefer to run the ball, weve always have.
If we fall behind early it will be a long night.
If Whitley can pass, they could put up enough points to at least keep it close. Otherwise Boyle will win by at least 4 touchdowns.
I'm looking forward to this game sounds like it will be a great atmosphere for football.i really enjoy going to eastern KY to watch Boyle play football.i have pleasent memories of every where Boyle has played in that part of the state other than Johnson Central.i really enjoyed the games with Bell co.Eastern Ky has some of the best fans in the state,they're not arrogant like alot of the places i've been across the state,and i'm sure Whitley will have some great fans to.
Whitley does have some great fans a very nice facility...you will enjoy the atmosphere.

As far as the WC offensive style, it may be predominantly run, but it's not one dimensional at all. They bust it up the middle a few plays with power, then try to catch you off guard with speed to the edges. They have athletes suited to both styles. Load the box and they'll bust it outside or throw it. Fail to pack the box and Bryant will have your Safeties wishing they were playing against a spread.....because your line will not stop him.

If WC will allow their LBs to stop the run, and keep their DBs playing pass they can keep this game in hand and come away with a win. If the DBs start cheating up on play action, Whittle has the ability to beat them consistently......if he's having an on night.
I don't see Whitley getting behind by 2 or 3 early. This is not the Whitley team from last year that you beat 49-10 and this is not the Boyle team of last year either. This game IMO can go either way.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I'm looking forward to this game sounds like it will be a great atmosphere for football.i really enjoy going to eastern KY to watch Boyle play football.i have pleasent memories of every where Boyle has played in that part of the state other than Johnson Central.i really enjoyed the games with Bell co.Eastern Ky has some of the best fans in the state,they're not arrogant like alot of the places i've been across the state,and i'm sure Whitley will have some great fans to.

I hope you enjoy this one as well.
We have a pretty decent fan base, and i cant ever remember our fans getting into it with others, were usually pretty nice people lol.

The best part about this EKY game for you all is were a straight shot down I75, once you get there. Were only about 3 miles off exit 15...If heading South make a left and you cant miss it.

Much different than travling across the Hal Rogers Parkway or heading to Belfry lol...
Do-double-gg Wrote:I don't see Whitley getting behind by 2 or 3 early. This is not the Whitley team from last year that you beat 49-10 and this is not the Boyle team of last year either. This game IMO can go either way.

I don't know about Whitley,but you're right about Boyle they are a much better team offensively than they were last year,and the defense is about the same.i know they have gave up more points than last year but they have played a tougher schedule this year.with that being said i think Boyles defense has really improved since the early season.
Boyle County seems to be firing on all cylinders right now. But it is an away game and senior night for Whitley County. It will be interesting to see how this game plays out. I still think Boyle County comes out with the win, but like RunItUpTheGut said, it could be closer than some may think.
I would love to see this game,but I don't go to road games anymore,just too hard for me,don't get off from work till 6,and I work in Versailles,only went to a few home games this season,still support the Rebels who are playing well now and I think can go deep in the playoffs.No prediction from me,just wish both teams good luck and play hard.
I think this will be a very close game and if the Rebels don't turn the ball over I think they pull out a very close one.
Pages: 1 2