Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 5A Region 4 Playoff Matchups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With one week of non district games left to go, the district seeding are set and we now know what the playoffs will look like
Thought i'd share this for some predictions, and for those wondering about the playoffs...

(4) Lincoln County @ (1) Harlan County
(3) Perry County @ (2) Madison Southern

(4) Letcher County @ (1) Pulaski County
(3) North Laurel @ (2) Whitley County

It's and even year so Harlan County holds home field advatage throughout the playoffs, and if they were to get upset, the winner of Region 3 would have to travel to this Regions winner even if there a higher seed.

Glad to know what it finally looks like.....

Thoughts?
Would Love to see PCC upset Madison Southern... Also The Whitley and North Laurel game shall be a dandy...
^
PCC vs. Madison Southern could be interesting...
North Laurel has not won against Whitley since 2004 which was also the last year NL had a winning season. That changed this year and so will the outcome of this game! Go JAGS. NL 35 Whitley 17.:-)
North Laurel is finally getting healthy, missing a few guys earlier in the district games really hurt their chances to win the district. Regardless they were still real close to winning it.
North has an open week to get healthier and ended the regular season on a high note. Everyone that knows football has seen that this team can be great since these kids were freshmen. It's Norths first wining season since 2004 and only 4th in the history of the school...i never thought I'd see it but the North administration really it behind the parents and coaches at North and they are turning them into contenders each year. Russell county was the turning moment I think, cuz they knew they had Russell beat but fumbled it away at the end.
North and Whitley should be a good game.
Not sure if PCC can stop the running back from Madison Southern but not too sure if they can stop Pray as well.
If im not mistaken, Whitley only lost to North in 94, 03, and 04. The rest have been Whitley wins in years they played.
Gut, it is going to be a battle. I like NL's chances to win this one.
The game to watch first round is the Whitley - North Laurel game. North Laurel is much better than most people think. They have some very good athletes that will match-up well against Whitley Co. This will be a RIUTG type of game. In fact, Whitley will likely be the team going to the air the most in this game. Very similar styles. North will take a couple of random shots down the sideline and if successful, could sneak away with the win. I think Whitley will prove to strong down the stretch and wear down the Jags......should be a good game.
Wasn't impressed with the run dominate Jags. If they were too get past Whitley, i like Pulaski advancing to the finals. If Harlan makes it to the finals, i think they win it having home field advantage.
JagSwag Wrote:Gut, it is going to be a battle. I like NL's chances to win this one.

I truly hope it is.
The last time a Laurel County school came to Whitley we kept them scoreless and kept there QB from breaking Tim Couchs passing TD record....

I think it will be close for a couple of quarters, but if North lets Whitley jump out on them early, it could be a bad one.

Whitley 46
North 20
What can we expect from Lincoln Co.?
bear claw Wrote:What can we expect from Lincoln Co.?

You may score 40+ in first half. Do not think it will be much of a game.
I think the both of the 2-3 games will be good games, good match-ups on each side. The 1-4 games won't surprise anyone IMO.